Start by marking “Evergreen A Christmas Tale” as Want to Read:
Evergreen A Christmas Tale

Evergreen A Christmas Tale

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  623 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
A dying grandfather tells the story of the first Christmas tree to a family wrenched by strife.
Nook, 27 pages
Published June 28th 2010 by Smashwords, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Evergreen A Christmas Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evergreen A Christmas Tale

Ronda  Tutt
Oct 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
A Very Sweet and heartfelt Christmas Story. 20 page read - Free from B&N
Lori Henrich
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Interesting Christmas story. I had never heard this before, but I liked it. I could almost picture the tree as it was described. Sometimes I wish Christmas would be as simple as I remember those of my childhood, well at least they seemed simple. When did Christmas become about things and not about the perfect gift. I remember treating my things with respect, to appreciate what I received.

Hard to believe Christmas is right around the corner.
John
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A nice short story.
Vicki
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, ebook
This was a very sweet and loving story. The story is short but it packs quite a punch. The writer brings the story of the first Christmas tree to a battling family.

I enjoyed this so much.
Heidi
Dec 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: stories
I found it pointless. It has nothing to do with Christmas. Very disappointing.
Cathy
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Short story that was free for Kindle.
A nice story about a grandfather who visits his daughter for Christmas and finds a house in turmoil. His daughter has lost her job and is fighting with her husband. The four sons are at war with each other.
Grandfather sits the boys down and tells them a story. About love in the time of the ice age and the healing power of faith in the presence of a magnificent evergreen tree.
The story within the story was very heartwarming.
A nice quick read.
Karen
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very short little Christmas love story about the first Christmas tree told by a grandfather to his family. Warmed my heart, but then I'm a sucker for good feeling books that bring a tear to my eye and a smile to my heart. Free on the Kindle, worth the reading.
Derek
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
This really was just a nice very short story. Got it on my nook a while back and saved it for Christmas eve. This and my cup of hot chocolate gave a nice warm feeling. =)
Doreena
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming
Paula
Dec 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
A heartwarming short story about a Grandfather telling his rowdy grandsons about the first Christmas tree.
Donna
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story to end the year. I loved this story of love, faith, and beauty. It left me with a smile on my face and in my heart.
Arlena
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short story of the Evergreen Christmas Tree.
Frances
Jun 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This short 10 page story was hart worming. I highly recomend it to any one who loves books that have the power to bring familys together.
Tammy
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Such a very, very sweet short story. I loved it!!!
Arnella Lewis
Jun 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Great short read about a Christmas tradition...loved it.
Loraine
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This very short novella is sweet and definitely something I would re-read.
Betty
Dec 14, 2011 rated it liked it
A different take on the first Christmas tree.....reading some Christmas stories that I downloaded to my Kindle. Nice story.
Mark
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
a beutiful story for the Christmas season.
Deanna Fairchild
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story.
Tamie charbonneau
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
good quick read i like it alot.
Sonya Bria
Dec 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Sweet story about the Christmas tree.
Ashley Tintinger
Eh, it was ok. I got this story for free on Barnes and Noble.com for my Nook. It was a nice short story, just not quite my usual taste.
Emily
Feb 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good Short story about the Christmas season.
Tina Wilson
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Realy enjoyed this short story
Barbara
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a very short, sentimental Christmas tale. It is enjoyable, but certainly could have been a chapter in a much longer, interesting saga.
Mackenzie
Dec 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-ereader
This book is a very sweet christmas story. A good in front of the fire with your hot chocalate read.
Trish Bodine
Dec 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
A wonderful short about love and perseverance. Of course, it is a Christmas tale as well. :)
Nancy
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
In keeping with the season...a nice story
Cheryl Meyers
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
A sweet story. What magic when a grandfather can calm down four rowdy school-age boys.
Tony Griego
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short warm hearted story. The mention of my first home town, Lomita, caught my attention.
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas
  • A Christmas Jar for Santa - A Christmas Jars Story
  • Christmas Roses
  • O Little Town
Richard Taylor is a professor of English and currently serves as Kenan Visiting Writer at Transylvania University. A former Kentucky poet laureate, he is the author of six collections of poetry, two novels, and several books of non-fiction, mostly relating to Kentucky history. A former dean and teacher in the Governor’s Scholars Program, he was selected as Distinguished Professor at Kentucky State ...more
More about Richard Taylor...