Start by marking “If You're Happy and You Know It!” as Want to Read:
If You're Happy and You Know It!

If You're Happy and You Know It!

Clap along with silly monkey, stamp with enormous elephant, and roar out loud with lion! This popular nursery song comes alive with Jane Cabrera's zany animal paintings in a colorful sing-along action book that will put a smile on everyone's face.
Published March 24th 2006 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about If You're Happy and You Know It!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You're Happy and You Know It!

Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Long for baby storytime, so I paper clipped most of the pages and just did the 4 or 5 that matched my regular ending song.
Kate Grahek
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This sing-a-long book is great for young children. Set to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it," the book travels along finding different animals. The illustrations are beautiful and bright and children are sure to love this book!
Julie Barrett
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If You're Happy and You know it by Jane Cabraea
Audio book but I'm pretty sure the colorful pictures go along with what the people are doing in the pictures.
Children's book about a monkey elephant and a giraffe. Remember playing this song with my grandson
as we did different things. Some silliness and laughter for all.
midnightfaerie
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Cabrera is a great author for the younger crowd. My twin 3 yr old's loved it. Colorful fun pictures that helps get the child engaged and keeps them engaged. The illustrations were paintings that had a unique brushstroke and the colors were so vibrant! Cabrera has a style all her own. Loved the paintings especially! Also, many of her books have themes that are popular children’s songs, so immediately her books grabbed my preschoolers attention. A great addition to any children's library.
June
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: emotion, feelings, participation, song picture book requests
Recommended to June by: Polly
Another one I forgot to write up last year. Used in story time. Participation books always are a hit. 8/30/17

Big hit again
Jake Delaney
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: d-songs
This nursery rhyme has not received any awards and is appropriate for children between the ages of 1 1/2 through 5 years old. The rhyme has children sing and clap along. It talks about being happy and encourages excitement. It is about children being happy and moving around to show it. I like this nursery rhyme because it has children let out their energy and excitement. It allows them to move around and get their bodies moving. It also encourages the participation of everyone in the class and h ...more
Gabriella Balbo
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A. N/A

B. PreK-1st Grade

C. If You're Happy and You Know It is an upbeat and exciting song that has all the young children engaged and singing along, keeping their spirits high!

D. This song is great because it acknowledges the emotions of young children by repeating if you're happy and you know it clap your hands. It keeps the children engaged by having them use their bodies through clapping throughout the song. This also helps children associate clapping with happiness which is exactly how it sho
Jianna Balascio
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: d-songs
Awards:
N/a

Grade levels:
PreK-1

Summary:
If You're Happy and You Know It! illustrates the familiar children's song with adorable pictures.

Review:
The children already know the words to this song, so this book helps with site words. The pictures are really cute, and it serves a good purpose. It does not necessarily go beyond the song.

In class uses:
Site words, song, transition
Theresa
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If You're Happy And You Know It A Sing Along Book (Scholastic School Edition)
by Jane Cabrera
the kids at the school loved this book, they roared so loud it would amaze you. a great book for having the kids have interaction with a book.
Gwen Marie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: babies
Bright, colorful animals sing If You're Happy and You Know It! Fun opportunity for interactive read aloud - most of the audience will know that song and the majority of the movements. Great way to get kids up and moving.
Milton Louie
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-children
Things children can when happy. Can be sung. B
A great read aloud to groups to expand on the original song and get kids active and moving.
Kelly
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I actually sang the book.

Great book for storytime or just to read to a group of little ones in order to get them participating!
John Yelverton
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is one part song book and one part children's book, but it is all a ripoff of the classic children's song, so there is no originality here.
Donnisha Walls
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute story! It teaches the children about different animals and also gets them up and moving and interacting as they mimic the different movements the animals make.
Heather McC
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Discover some new verses to a very familiar tune that will get readers singing, jumping, spinning, and more. Great for rainy days, getting out some lingering wiggles, or getting theatrical.
Beronica
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sing-a-longs
Kirsten
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great for toddler story time. Very engaging as it encourages listeners to do a lot of actions
Jessica
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Award:
Grade:Toddler
Summary: An illustrated version of a classic song. Everyone knows this song. But, this book has an illustrative twist.

Review: Everyone loves a song that you can dance to. Especially children in the classroom. It's a ton of fun.
Uses:
•Teach about music
•Kinetic learning
•Teach about following directions
Erika Arrieta
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: songs
Everyone knows the song "If you're happy and you know it", having pictures to go along with the song is awesome because it gives kids a visual to look at. Age appropriate-Toddlers.
Vivian
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
We had SO MUCH FUN doing actions with this story during our library story time on EMOTIONS.
We all stood up and CLAPPED HANDS with monkey, STAMPED FEET with elephant, BOWED with giraffe, SPUN AROUND with lemur, FLAPPED ARMS with parrot, JUMPED with frog and so forth.
Goshen PL Childrens
Read for Storytime, March 1st
Theme: Singing Stories

This is one of my favorite versions of this singing stories. Cabrera has bright engaging pictures. The motions for the song are easy for any age to complete. The kids love it!
Michelle
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Children won’t be able to resist the bright and friendly lion dancing across the cover of this brilliantly illustrated, sing-along action book. Join the friendly monkey and his zany jungle friends as they gleefully invite readers to sing and play along with one of the world’s best known children’s songs in this bright and playful book. The illustrations are vibrant and colorful, fun and engaging. Done in bright acrylic paints, Cabera’s animals are easy to see against mostly solid colored backgro ...more
jacky
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: board-books
Our newest book from the doctor's office received at Natalie 15 month appointment. It was helpful to have it that day in the office, too, because it helped Natalie calm down after the exam while waiting for her shots. The illustrations are bright and colorful with pictures of different animals preforming different actions. You can read or sing it. You can read one page or all of it. Natalie liked being able to clap and stomp her feet, but its yet ready for most of the other actions.
Vivian
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Everyone stand up! Are you feeling happy? Join monkey and his-her friends in some singing wiggly fun!

Animals featured include a MONKEY (clap hands), an ELEPHANT (stamp feet), a GIRAFFE (nod head), a LION (roar), a LEMUR (spin around), a HIPPOPOTAMUS (go "kiss kiss"), a PARROT (flap arms), a MOUSE (squeak, squeak), a TREE FROG (jump around).

Beth
Apr 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Bright and playful paintings are ideal for pre-school children and their parents.
This story is extra fun to read when you have the children act out the parts and have wrist ribbons to wear.
All of the animals are happy and show it!
The hippos even know that "If you're happy and you know it, go KISS KISS." The children did not choose to kiss kiss their parents then.
Scott Stoner
The artwork in this book is fantastic. The artists use of colors was so well done. I liked how in every picture the animals were smiling and so happy. I think that young children will love this book. It is very upbeat and easy to follow. I would definitely recommend this book for children under grade 2
Destiny Dawn Long
It's a fun song and action book for toddlers. I like the jungle theme of it--makes for some fun movements and sounds. The illustrations are vibrant and colorful, which should appeal to energetic toddlers. My own daughter seems to really like it, though she still prefers to watch mommy do the actions rather than attempting them herself.
Jessica
A winner for movement storytime! Seriously fun - it worked for baby storytime too. Who can resist the colorful pictures to go along with the classic movement song? One day I shall personally own each of Jane Cabrera's sing-along action books.
Elizabeth
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Stacy, Jen, Shauna, Nicole
Shelves: baby-toddler
I sing this book to Catherine and she loves it. We have checked it out from the library three times already. The illustrations of the animals are fun, and the song is fun. If we have it in the house, it's the first book she'll pull off the shelf to read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hello, Day!
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Clip-Clop
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Splash!
  • The Croaky Pokey!
  • Baby Danced the Polka
Jane Cabrera is best known as an Author and Illustrator of Children's Books.
She has written and illustrated 56 books which have been translated into over 25 languages and won awards in the US and Europe. She lives on the edge of beautiful Dartmoor National Park in the UK.
Her books range from picture story books to concept board books for babies.

FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/janec