Start by marking “Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1)

Jacob (Nightwalkers #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  19,040 Ratings  ·  905 Reviews
Since time began, there have been Nightwalkers -- the races of the night who live in the shadows of the moonlight. Love with humans is absolutely forbidden, and one man makes certain to uphold this ancient law: Jacob, the Enforcer ...

For 700 Years, He Has Resisted Temptation. But Not Tonight...
Jacob knows the excuses his people give when the madness overtakes them and the
Published December 1st 2006 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2006)

Emily May
Mar 04, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, paranormal-uf, 2011

I just cannot take it any longer! Maybe it was unfair that I gave the ending 1 star but I wouldn't know because I never made it there. This book just bugged me so much in every way. I love the paranormal romance genre, that and dystopias are what get me going book-wise; so I was thinking this would be another to add to the list: Fever Series, Black Dagger Brotherhood, Lords Of The Underworld, etc, etc. I even ignored the terrible Mills & Boon style cover and pretended it didn't offend my ey
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Stars

*Spoilers*

So this is my first Jacquelyn Frank book. I have put off starting this series for a while now because, a lot of my friends have had mixed reviews about it. I really Enjoyed it! Now I am ready for more...

photo I-Like-It-Another-Thor-Reaction-Gif_zpsaldkvvjm.gif

This book is about Jacob a 700 year old demon. The Enforcer for his people, it is his job to uphold the ancient law that forbids demons to mate humans. A job that leaves him isolated and very lonely. He has never felt the forbidden desires for humans or the curse of the moon
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
I really liked this book, but I can't give it more than 3 stars.

Pros
I love the new take on demons, on nightwalkers in general, turning them into an ancient race of honourable, magical beings who are only turned into hideous, slobbering, demonic fiends when summoned by human necromancers.

I'm a big fan of elemental magic - the five elements are usually earth, air, fire, water and spirit. Here, instead of spirit, it's mind and body. Each demon is master of one particular element. Jacob's is earth.

I
Gamze
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"Jacob," dedi usulca Isabella, "nasıl bundan emin olmayayım? Sen benim kaderimsin. Bana bunu bir kehanetin filan söylemesine gerek yok." Uzanıp parmaklarını hafifçe yüzünün çevresinde ve üstünde gezdirdi. "Ruhumun yeri senin yanın. Kalbinin yeri benim yanım. Varlığımın her parçasında hissediyorum bunu. Gecenin en ürkütücü saatinde Bronx'taki karanlık sokaktan geçen aptalı ilk gördüğüm anda hissetmiştim."
"Hımm. Ben de seni seviyorum," diye mırıldandı. Du

Stacey is Sassy
...and it all started from falling out of a window.

Another new author to me and another crossed off my Want To Read list. I am really getting my monies worth with the Romance Package. Seriously, I'm not getting anything from Audible for saying that. I'm REALLY getting my monies worth. Obviously, they're not all brand spanking new releases, but it's almost better. I'm getting a chance to revisit old favourites and tackle my Want To Read list, finally.

I really enjoyed this paranormal romance and I
Sammy Loves Books
4 "I have a new favorite series" stars

This series has action and sexiness. I really look forward to more of this series.
Duchess Nicole
I listened to the audiobook of this one, so my review reflects that. I think an audio experience colors my opinions in a big way. The narrator is a pretty popular one. She did a great job, although her voice is a bit sweet on the female lead's parts. Her Croatian accent (I think they're Croatian) was amazing. Not one you hear regularly, so kudos to her for that. It really delineated the male characters.

I enjoyed this story, but honestly, it left me more interested in what is coming up for the re
Kristen
I had a blast reading this book! Jacob (Nightwalkers series) is a fun, sexy, charming, fascinating, and highly captivating read. I fell in love with the hero and heroine, Jacob and Bella, right from the start.

Jacob stole my heart. He was funny, sweet, fierce, domineering, and extremely loyal. It was impossible not to love him. Bella was an extremely strong and determined heroine, while still remaining feminine with a touch of vulnerability. At times she did get on my nerves (putting her hands o
Terra
Sep 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jacob (Book 1 of The Nightwalkers Series) by Jacquelyn Frank is a better than delightful romantic treat in the world of paranormal. Deliciously sensual ground shaking love and Demons like you have never seen before encompass this book with an elemental frenzy.

Jacob is young for his six hundred years and every bit the professional when it comes to his job. Being an immortal Demon does have it's drawbacks and it's up to Jacob as The Enforcer to make sure that things go as they should and if a law
Buggy
Opening Line:"How ridiculously simple it would be to cause them harm."

Jacob is the Demon enforcer for his people. His responsibility for the past 700 years has been to protect the human population from fellow Nightwalkers who fall victim to the maddening Moonlust. He takes his duties as enforcer seriously and over the years has even had to punish close friends and family members when they stray too close to humans. Because of this Jacob has become feared within Demon society, now an involuntary
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
The book that made me create a shelf for "gal I hated/annoyed me to no end" or something along the lines. The heroes, the nightwalkers were ok likeable characters, but the heroine, oh my god, the heroine..I have never read such an annoying character before. It's safe to say that she's ruined the whole book for me and even though I wonder about the other guys I'm kinda afraid of their females turning out to be just like this one. She was a cocky, extremely childish little brat that kept on snappi ...more
CC
Really enjoyed this one! It was written quite awhile ago and I did not know what to expect. But I really liked the world and the characters. Jacob was broody, lonely and a bad ass. I loved Bella. She was a perfect match for him. I loved that she did not spend the entire book in denial or shock about demons or their mating.

I am not so sure about the next book since the hero pushed the heroine away almost 10 years ago. I am not sure I can get passed that. But I am going to try it since the entire
Ezinwanyi
3.5 Stars.
Unfortunately, I wanted to put Isabella Russ in a headlock for most of the book. She goes down as top 5 most annoying heroines. Miss "Hand on the Hip" smart mouth. Does she really think she is the female Jackie Chan? Okay, a couple of males let you punch them, now you think you are Mike Tyson.
girl, go sit down on a ledge--and really fall down this time.
She wasn't even suave like Cat to be so mouthy. Jacob, I really liked, but I look forward to reading the books of Gideon, Elijah &
Büşra Öztürk
Jacop " minnoş " çıktı Rıza Baba !

Minik Çiçeğim bana çok ağır geldi çok. :'(
Kelli
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the audiobook version of Jacob, narrated by Xe Sands.

Warning: this review contains blatant preconceptions about the PNR genre, lots of exclamation points, phrases entirely in capital letters, some commentary on the sexy bits of the book, and a little bit of tongue-in-cheek. No offense intended if I insult your favorite book ever.

I am tempted to give this one a 4 star rating but my rational brain might make me stick to 3. I may even come back and change it after some thought.

In
Christel
Mar 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal readers
Recommended to Christel by: Amazon.com
Shelves: jacquelyn-frank
A little different take on the paranormal world.

Jacob is a Demon who is the Enforcer of the Nightwalkers. he is centuries old and it is his job to make sure his species of Demons do not bother or chase after humans. This mainlky happens during 2 phases of the year, Samhaim (Autumn) and Beltran (Spring). Jacob is immune to forbidden desires and the curse of the full moon.
Isabella works as a Librairian in New York City. She lives in an apartment with her sister Corrine. One night while she is lean
Anita
I'm surprised I liked this book, but I did - quite a lot. It's a soulmate-type paranormal romance, and I'm not a huge fan of "soulmate" romances, but this one really worked for me. The affection between the lead characters felt real, the humorous reparte had me laughing out loud a few times, and the 'verse was interesting - lots of fun special effect powers to learn about.

Basic plot: Demons are a hidden subculture of night creatures inhabiting our world. (There are also vampires and weres out th
Carolyn F.
Re-read by audiobook. I also have the paperback. At first I didn't care for Xe Sands' narration much but she definitely got better. The problem is though that scenes from the book that I found unforgettable - him hiding around a corner just to be near her and him falling asleep with his nose at her neck so he could smell her all night - were just read through quickly and I almost missed them. I'll keep the rating the same because I did enjoy the book.

06/16/10 previous reviewThis book started ou
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Smoking
Overall: I admit, I lusted over a demon
Characters: Well done
Plot: Can he keep her safe until she comes into her own
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Jacob

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
This series starts off with world building surrounding demons. But don’t think Hell demons. No, this series takes the word and uses it for a race that’s nothing like the interpretation you may have now. This beings
Leah
valee
I started this book thinking that I would like it, but I never expected to found another awesome series. This book was so good that I couldn't stop with it until it was over.

I loved this book. The bond between Bella and Jacob was so strong and sweet that I felt like sentimental the whole time I was reading this book.

And this new world of druids and Demonds! so good.
Also I felt like I wanted to know more about the other characters. I loved this book and I can't wait to read the nexts. If you hav
Nadine
Das beste, was man über dieses Buch sagen kann ist, dass es konsequent auf sämtlichen Ebenen enttäuscht.

Charaktere:
Bella: Sie schwankt zwischen kindlicher Naivität (und hüpft gerne mal vor Aufregung von einem Fuss auf den anderen) und absoluter Genialität (wenn sie gerade erst dabei ist, die "Damönensprache" zu lernen, sich 3 Tage im Archiv vergräbt und dort die alten Schriften ind er gerade erst erlernten Sprache mit den vielen Bänen voller Damönengestze vergleicht und ihr dabei auffällt, dass
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~
I'd heard so many great things about this series so I bought the first 3 books without thinking twice - BIG MISTAKE!!! This book was terrible. The first book I have ever read that was so bad I could not even finish it. I knew it was over when Isabella meets Jacob for the first time by falling out of the window of her apartment into his arms - just plain stupid!!! But I kept on reading, I paid for these books dammit, it just had to get better!!! Wrong!!!
Ms. Frank's writing style is simply boring,
Filiz
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yine yeni bir seri ve yine yeni bir seriye giriş kitabına 3,5 ama bu kez kanaat kullanarak 4 verdim.

Kitap gerçekten de güzel bir seriye giriş kitabıydı. Çok benzer tür kitap okuduğum için tabi ki harikulade bulmadım. Hatta ana karakterlerin tüm Allahuekber dağlarına çıkan libidolarıyla arzı endam etmelerine rağmen dayandım, ki bazen benzer sahnelere denk gelince “kaptan şuradan infazcı için bir tam, jr. infazcı için de bir öğrenci libidosu alabilir misin lütfen” diye uzatıp sahneyi atlayarak ok
Heather C
Jan 04, 2010 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I bought this TWICE!! Paperback years ago and eBook recently

I was really liking this in the beginning but then around 20% I hit a road block. I kept pushing forward because the sexual tension was crazy, hot and I was really liking the concept of the story. Then the author's writing started driving me crazy!!! There was all this "telling" and not "showing" and the adjective overuse and eye-rolling metaphors were gagging me. At 32% I finally had enough when I got to this:
"Her mout
DarienMoya
Jan 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: demon
So the first book in the Nightwalker series is just plain good. I am seriously in love with these tortured demon men. The first book is titled Jacob easily named after the hero in this book.

Jacob is the Enforcer the one whose job it is to see that Demons who have broken their law be brought to justice. He is the embodiment of earth, able to cause hurricanes and earthquakes, because the earth is everything so Jacob is everywhere. Because under the bright light of the full moon Demons become fille
Liz F
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge fan of paranormal romance. The love stories are just as good but sometimes I find it difficult to fully immerse myself in a story if there are details in the story that are difficult to wrap my mind around. Don't get me wrong: I love paranormal stuff: Anne Rice, Charlaine Harris, Laurell K Hamilton, etc. But when we're talking ROMANCE, its hard for me to get INTO it when you're talking about an (undead) vampire getting his groove on, ya know? I mean, do ...more
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
3.5 Stars

I liked this book, it reminds me of the Demonica series in the sense that I like it bit I don't LOVE it. It doesn't inspire me to build shrines and write poetry and become genrally obsessed, not that I do that of course! *quickly hides Black Dagger Brotherhood and Immortals After Dark Shrine* But I did like it, it made me laugh, it was romantic and it had a little bit of action in it as well.

Set in a world where there is a whole different group of species collectively called Nightwalke
Kathleen
Decent plot. Likeable characters. Sexy, too. Weak and sometimes frustrating writing style, even though I appreciated the absence of excessive profanity and vulgar terms for female anatomy. So, to be fair, I will elaborate on why this writing is weak, IMO.

Some of the dialogue is just silly, especially given the characters are demons and necromancers. Examples:

"That magic using bastard never had a chance against my little enforcer." (p. 209)

Jacob repeatedly calls Bella "my little enforcer" and "
JACOB - I'm reading this for the 2nd time... I can never get tired of this. 1 5 Jan 17, 2018 02:28PM
jacob 1 7 May 30, 2016 05:38PM
Jacquelyn Frank - Night Walker Series 6 57 Dec 28, 2011 12:11PM
A New Nightwalker Story From Jacquelyn Frank 1 25 Oct 24, 2011 10:39AM
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Midnight's Master (Midnight, #3)
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
  • Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)
  • Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2)
  • Nightkeepers (The Nightkeepers, #1)
  • The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #1)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1)
  • Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #4)
I live in Asheville NC and have written a book...or two...or is it ten?
More about Jacquelyn Frank

Nightwalkers (6 books)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Damien (Nightwalkers, #4)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Adam (Nightwalkers, #6)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld #12)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Lady Bridget's Diary (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #1)
  • What to Say Next
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Map of the Heart
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • The Memory Book
  • Holding Up the Universe
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Tear Us Apart (Never, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden (Old West #1)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Locked in Temptation (The Protectors #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • If There's No Tomorrow
  • The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily
  • Words in Deep Blue
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)
  • Secrets of the Tulip Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Any Dream Will Do
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beard Made Me Do It (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC #5)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Whenever I see you, I am overcome with the urge to be rooted within you, to be buried deep so your body can nourish me.” 25 likes
“Do you think, little flower, that there will ever come a day when you regret meeting me?” he asked quietly.
“Yes,” she said simply.
“I see,” he said tightly.
“Would you like a specific date?”
“You are teasing me,” he realized suddenly.
“No, I’m dead serious. I have an exact date in mind.”
Jacob pulled back to see her eyes, looking utterly perplexed as her pupils sparkled with mischief.
“What date is that? And why are you thinking of pink elephants?”
“The date is September 8, because, according to Gideon, that’s possibly the day I will go into labor. I say ‘possibly,’ because combining all this human/Druid and Demon DNA ‘may make for a longer period of gestation than usual for a human,’ as the Ancient medic recently quoted. Now, as I understand it, women always regret ever letting a man touch them on that day.”
Jacob lurched to his feet, dropping her onto her toes, grabbing her by the arms, and holding her still as he raked a wild, inspecting gaze over her body.
“You are pregnant?” he demanded, shaking her a little. “How long have you known? You went into battle with that monster while you are carrying my child?”
Our child,” she corrected indignantly, her fists landing firmly on her hips, “and Gideon only just told me, like, five seconds ago, so I didn’t know I was pregnant when I was fighting that thing!”
“But . . . he healed you just a few days ago! Why not tell you then?”
“Because I wasn’t pregnant then, Jacob. If you recall, we did make love between then and now.”
“Oh . . . oh Bella . . .” he said, his breath rushing from him all of a sudden.
He looked as if he needed to sit down and put a paper bag over his head. She reached to steady him as he sat back awkwardly on the altar. He leaned his forearms on his thighs, bending over them as he tried to catch his breath. Bella had the strangest urge to giggle, but she bit her lower lip to repress to impulse.
So much for the calm, cool, collected Enforcer who struck terror into the hearts of Demons everywhere.
“That is not funny,” he grumbled indignantly.
“Yeah? You should see what you look like from over here,” she teased.
“If you laugh at me I swear I am going to take you over my knee.”
“Promises, promises,” she laughed, hugging him with delight. Finally, Jacob laughed as well, his arm snaking out to circle her waist and draw her back into his lap.
“Did you ask . . . I mean, does he know what it is?”
“It’s a baby. I told him I didn’t want to know what it is. And don’t you dare find out, because you know the minute you do I’ll know, and if you spoil the surprise I’ll murder you.”
“Damn . . . she kills a couple of Demons and suddenly thinks she can order all of us around,” he taunted, pulling her close until he was nuzzling her neck, wondering if it was possible for such an underused heart as his to contain so much happiness.”
16 likes