Start by marking “Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community” as Want to Read:
Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community

Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community

Bestselling author Bill McKibben turns activist in the first hands-on guidebook to stopping climate change, the world's greatest threat

Hurricane Katrina. A rapidly disappearing Arctic. The warmest winter on the East Coast in recorded history. The leading scientist at NASA warns that we have only ten years to reverse climate change; the British government's report on global
Published October 16th 2007 by St. Martins Press-3PL

To ask other readers questions about Fight Global Warming Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight Global Warming Now

Start your review of Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community
Amy Layton
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fight Global Warming Now offers an undeniably fresh and easy-to-read look at how to organize a grassroots community committed to fighting (but not limited to fighting) climate change. He offers countless different ideas and proofs that such ideas have worked: McKibben and his team provide photographs, emails, citations, and anecdotes on how grassroots organizing need not be as daunting as it's made out to be. Not only that, but he provides proof on how he and his team have gotten congressfolk to ...more
Lauren
Apr 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book will provide activists fighting for any cause with a good frame of reference for how to be creative in their actions.
Ime'... Imelda
Feb 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
The day when I opened the book, I was quite excited, thought that I could really learn about climate change. What I meant by learning climate change, I really meant learning. But it turned out that this book is actually more dedicated to the campaign actions about climate change.

This book presents the way we could encourage people to do something to postpone the effect of global warming. They present methods, medium and how to really work on it.

I wasn’t really interested in it anymore about
Fadillah
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you are newbie in activism, then this book is suitable for you. The reason i picked this book is i believe i have not done much for earth especially participating in any efforts that aim to slow down the global warming rate. As most corporations continue to resist the tasks of reducing the impact of Global Warming, people started to notice that climate change is real and it no longer could be ignored. This book as real as it can be and straight to the point- there is no beating around the ...more
Leigh
Sep 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
A practical guide to community organizing to fight global warming. Gives practical examples of how to get the word out and get people to participate. Written by the grassroots organizers of Step It Up, a nationwide day of rallies that was organized in less than a year. This book will make you want to get up and get everyone you know to do something.
Green4u
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
lynna
Apr 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
a great guide to organizing around global warming issues. it's nice not to have to reinvent the wheel, but rather borrow other peoples' wheel. i wish i could have finished it, but i couldn't because one of my irresponsible interns stole it from me :[
Caroline
Nov 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book; very well put together; super easy to read; super powerful! Thanks to Will for leaving it behind with us as we start to take action and mobilize our community -- India! ;)
Andy
Jan 11, 2010 is currently reading it
just on the first few chapters of the book. very interesting... found some ideas already... the big question is how to put them into actions...
Jason
Nov 27, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: activists
It's a good book to get people started with organizing against global warming. It provides great resources some which I've used for a while now.
Jodi Minion
Jul 22, 2014
Madison
Feb 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

• Becoming a Student-Ready College: A New Culture of Leadership for Student Success
  • Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief
  • Natural Saints: How People of Faith Are Working to Save God's Earth
  • The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate – Discoveries from a Secret World
Bill McKibben is the author of Eaarth, The End of Nature, Deep Economy, Enough, Fight Global Warming Now, The Bill McKibben Reader, and numerous other books. He is the founder of the environmental organizations Step It Up and 350.org, and was among the first to warn of the dangers of global warming. In 2010 The Boston Globe called him "probably the nation's leading environmentalist," and Time ...more