Start by marking “Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #2)

Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini

(A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery #2)

Imagine spending eternity with your backside hanging out--that's what Emma Whitecastle and Granny Apples can't help but think when they meet the ghost of Tessa North frolicking in the surf off Catalina Island. Tessa, a young starlet who died on the island in the 1960s wearing nothing but a polka dot bikini, won't cross over until "Curtis" comes for her. To help the winsome ...more
Paperback, First edition, 285 pages
Published February 8th 2011 by Midnight Ink (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini

Start your review of Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #2)
Yodamom
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ghosts, mystery

A fun light cozy mystery with adult who think before acting. I enjoyed this read very much and the setting of Catalina Island was very nice. The main characters where educated grown ups with life history behind them. I found their mature view so nice after all the lust infused books I've come across recently.
Smart, mysterious, well written and I will buy more from this author
Christina
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a delightful book!!! I probably never would have discovered this in a million years except one of my reading challenges was to read a book with a character wearing a bikini on the cover. I think this is definitely a book for people with who are fans of cozy mysteries and I am now definitely hooked into the series myself.
April
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another good Granny Apples mystery. I definitely enjoyed the 1st book better but, it was still exciting.
I missed the involvement of some of the characters in book 1. They were still in the book but they were sidelined for most of this book. On to the next! :)
Moondance
The woman frolicking in the waves was underdressed for November, even for a ghost

Emma and Phil are enjoying Thanksgiving weekend on Catalina when she notices a bikini clad ghost. A little conversation reveals that Tessa, the ghost, was an aspiring actress and she is waiting for someone to return to take her home. A little digging proves that Tessa worked with Emma's former father-in-law and the sleuthing begins.

This is such a fun series. I love Granny Apples! All of the characters are growing an
Debbie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good installment to the Granny Apples series. The relationships between the characters are growing, and there was a good mystery here. The ending came as a bit of a surprise to me. It was definitely better than the first. I'm looking forward to book 3.
Jaclyn
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot line. There were some consistency issues that bothered me a bit, but overall it was enjoyable.
Ellen
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini by sue Ann Jaffarian

This is the 2ND book in the Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery series I've read. Don't let this silly title fool you into passing by this marvelous cozy. Jaffarian has done it again!

Emma Whitecastle is now in the process of getting over her failed marriage to Grant. Their divorce hasn't done anything to put a damper on her relationship with her in-laws, George and Celeste Whitecastle.
Emma's parents have gone on vacation, which leaves Emma & Phi
Sheila Beaumont
This second entry in the "Ghost of Granny Apples" paranormal mystery series was great fun to read. I enjoyed the characters (especially Granny Apples, amateur sleuth Emma's ghostly great-great-great-grandmother, who is picking up some modern slang from watching TV and has become a fan of the San Diego Chargers), the puzzling, well-plotted mystery, and the local Catalina Island setting. Like the first book in the series, this was a light, entertaining read, and I'm looking forward to going on to ...more
Becky
Nov 26, 2011 rated it liked it
After reading the gloomy "Right as Rain," I needed something lighter. This was super fluffy - a book my friend Kathy would like! :)
Julie Howard
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
This is another really good book that I enjoyed immensely. I love the whole idea of ghosts helping to solve murders and this author does it in such a way that it is fun and often times funny. I like all the characters but especially Granny Apple's, who is hooked on tv and is broadening her knowledge with old reruns of programs. This is book two but I started with book three and enjoyed that one so much I had to get the rest of the series, you don't have to because each book is a stand alone book ...more
Scott Jones
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I checked out this book because the backdrop was Catalina Island and I wanted to get a feel for what Catalina is like. Only the first part of the book and the end take place in Catalina. The rest of the book takes place in LA. Emma Whitecastle, is a detective/talk show host who has a television show dealing with the paranormal. Emma herself has the ability to see ghosts. One of these ghosts is her sidekick known as Granny Apples. At the opening of the book Emma is on vacation with her boyfriend ...more
Imjussayin
A refreshing take on the cosy paranormal murder mystery.

Our protagonist Emma Whitecastle is a wealthy woman in her 40’s who sees ghosts. As does her mother. Her father, doesn’t see ghosts but ‘believes’ or at least supports his wife and daughter. Made all the more interesting because he is a doctor.

After that Emma’s scenario is the usual, divorced with child from cheating rodent former spouse who has younger woman.

The book comes into its own because Emma is handling the crossroad of her life.
Shirley
Jan 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Jan
First, suspend disbelief. Emma interacts with ghosts, starting with her own multi great grandmother Granny Apples. Emma also has good friends, good former in laws, a self absorbed ex husband, and a TV show about ghosts (but not that she can interact with them). While on vacation with her love interest on the Isle of Catalina she meets a young female ghost who is happily still waiting for the one who said that he'd be back for her-----forty years ago. Emma wants to help her but runs into many roa ...more
Jan Miller
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sue Ann Jaffarian has outdone herself with The Ghost in the Polka Dot Bikini. I love the Ghost of Granny Apples series! This book immediately pulled me in. The story flows so well, and has some awesome twists, the characters are well developed, and the narrator is spectacular at bringing the characters to life. Sandra Murphy is wonderful to listen to. She adds the right emotions and tones to her voice, one can easily hear who is speaking. I can't wait for the next Grannie Apples book! I requeste ...more
CassandraG
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was another nice cozy mystery with Granny being as feisty as "Mama" from the old Carol Burnett
shows. She was a hoot. Her Great-great granddaughter and her boyfriend weren't so bad either.
It had a lot of humor, enjoyable quirky characters and a somewhat,(might-not-be) so ditzy bikini clad ghost. You enjoyed the narrator telling the story. so when you get a chance pick up a copy of either the eBook or the audio version and enjoy.
April Wilson
I found this story to be more interesting than the first one because of the ghosts. Granny Apples is as sassy and funny as ever but she's got company this time around! Some friendly, some not. Grant is still a horse's patoot but that comes as no surprise and it's a shame it took Emma this long to figure that one out. Not sure how things in this story will play out in the long haul but am curious enough to keep reading this series to find out.
Deedra
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Audible:I enjoyd this book!It was fun,with Granny Apple always tossing in her 2 cents.Sandy murphy was a fine narator.I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.'
Veronica-Anne
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second in the Granny Apples mysteries. Just the right amount of tense thriller, combined with supernatural twists and turns, a quick and entertaining story that proves another great read from author, Sue Ann Jaffarian. I look forward to more books in this great series. Highly Recommended.
Ellen White
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Emma is always finding another ghost that needs help in this with Granny Apple. A girl stuck in the era of the 60’s, cute with an adult take on it, and Granny speaking her mind, good narration added to the story
Given audio for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
Well done on making the paranormal feel normal/realistic. I didn't read the first book, but wasn't lost or confused at all. Solid mystery. I'm not immediately buying the next in the series, but if I see it at the library, I'd pick it up.
Jan
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Started before my trip to England, and had to wait until I got back to finish it.

Great story - and I really liked the characters in this book. I'm looking forward to reading others in the series.
Danella Virtue
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-fiction
Fun!
Carol Austin
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the author's style. It was really fun to watch the mystery unfurl with the help of the ghostly help.
Lorraine
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
As much as I loved the plot of this book, the characters didn't seem as consistent to the first book. The idea was there but the execution just didn't cut it for me, personally.
deborah metcalf
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought Granny and Emma did a great job trying to help Tessa but it took an old friend in the end to do the job. Enjoyed the book.
Mary Lee
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Perfect!
Kelley
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this installment! It was so cool how the author brought in different references to that time period. Such a fun series!
Nora-adrienne