Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 2” as Want to Read:
Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 2

Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 2

(Cardcaptor Sakura #4-6)

The beautiful new teacher in Sakura's class, Kaho Mizuki, soon reveals that she's a shrine maiden with magic powers of her own. But as always, the struggle to capture the Clow cards is woven together with the mysterious - and complicated - threads of love and affection between Sakura and all the people in her life. Will her heart be strong enough as she faces the one who w ...more
Paperback, Omnibus, 593 pages
Published July 2011 by Dark Horse Manga (first published July 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura, Book 2

Iryna *Book and Sword*
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars

This series is so pure it warms my heart. Sakura exudes warmths and it is impossible not to feel it seeping through the pages.

While the plot on this one was a bit choppy, I really loved how character relationships are progressing and evolving. The art was very beautiful and moving, as usual. The Wood and Dark cards are drool worthy.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG

Michelle
"I don't want to be your master. I want to be your friend."

Some parts were hilarious and literally had me laughing and other parts were so heartfelt and emotional that I could feel my heart breaking and tears close by.

I still love these characters and the interactions and I love seeing more in depth stuff as this series continues. I grew to really like Kaho Mizuki. I'm not sure how I feel about (view spoiler)
Wing Kee
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Art is fantastic but it is indeed a but choppy.

World: The art is beautiful and full of characters, classic Clamp. The world building is solid, it's not overly deep and complex and just shows enough for the story to take place. That being said it is still fun.

Story: I watch the show first so ready this again also reminded me how it was a but choppy and rushed in story and character moments. Where the show was draggy and filled with filler this book does not stop. It's still very fun and beautif
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Ahhh my childhood!
Ana Luisa
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
¡Este volumen me encantó!

Es la segunda parte de la captura de cartas y el juicio final. Todo es muy emocionante, se encuentran las partes más graciosas de todo el manga (mi capítulo preferido cuando captura las cartas de Luz y Oscuridad).
description

Vemos como los personajes están mejor construidos y vemos diferentes facetas de ellos. Este tomo definitivamente es de Syaoran y Sakura.

Después de que lo termines de leer, quieres comenzar el siguiente :). ¿Ya les mencioné las preciosas imágenes a color que vien
Lukas Anthony
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: has-some-gay
Just such a fun and addictive read. This ends the first arc, so roll on the third volume!
Nidhi Srivastava
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MY HEART RATE IS UP THERE THIS BOOK IS THE BEST I SPENT MY SUNDAY READING THIS WHILE ALL OF YOU ARE READING CURSED CHILD I CAN ASSURE YOU SAKURA IS A MILLION TIMES COOLER
Rita
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Perfection!! :D
Amber
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this is absolutely adorable.
Jillian
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this "volume" more than the first. Less hand-holdy (as in, not as much 'SIGN POINTING AT CHARACTER INDICATING THAT'S WHO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT'), more background on characters, less of the creepy student-teacher relationship business (or more like barely any mention of it), some good character development.

I understand why this series has become such a beloved classic, apart from the weird stuff and the childishness. It's still a great series for practically any age.

One huge plus for
Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This second book in the CCS Omnibus Edition includes the 4, 5 & 6th issues in the series. The 5 and 6 mangas are my favorite so far, because there are a lot of events and deep moments in there. Basically it all comes full circle in the 6th manga, so I’m not really sure how it’s gonna keep going in some ways. The story is brilliant and wonderful and it’s different from the anime in some parts, so I reading it like it’s the first time. I completely adore Sakura, 5 stars to this amazing follow ...more
Angela Auten
In love. It went really quick. There were some differences from the anime, but I still have more to read! Can't wait! Starting volume 3.
Chris Carvajal
Everything about Sakura is just lovely.
Cass -  Words on Paper
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's getting pretty damn good! I'm excited to continue.. unfortunately it's (volume 3) already loaned out at the library so I'll have to wait until after my Japan trip to read on!
Crystal (VanillaHearts62)
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
So cute! I was in the mood for this. I just love the artwork and all the good feels!
Doc
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the end of the last Omnibus Sakura, Syaoran, and Tomoyo found themselves suddenly stuck inside the immensely confusing and challenging Maze card. Using methods available to them it seems impossible to overcome the challenge when suddenly an ally arrives to find them who is tied to Sakura's fate and shows them the most direct route to the exit so the card can be caught (it is a smashing success.) We also get some flashbacks of Toyo and Kaho's past, a school field trip to the beach, a festival ...more
Beckiezra
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
They are really doubling down on that inappropriate student/teacher relationship stuff. They're not at all necessary to move the plot forward either so it's definitely something they just wanted to include. This is more a book about relationships than magic. That's good and bad, the characters are all entertaining, but the agenda of the relationships could be off-putting. Are they really hoping to encourage 10 year olds to date their teachers though?

I think they missed the chance to stretch thi
Bryce
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, re-reads
this volume forms the second half of the card captor arc of cardcaptor sakura. this volume had a lot of card catching fun as well as some fun reveals about major characters. even though i have read this volume befor a few years back i didn't remember a majority of the twists which made them even more fun to read. the art style is interesting, even though this series has been around for a while the art style is pretty good and has aged well. this can be best seen with the clow cards and the actio ...more
Donna
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable continuation of the series, but again ruined by reference to a creepy and deeply troubling relationship between a 10 year old girl and her school teacher. I HATE that this is part of the story (even the very minor part that it is) because it really ruins something, that is otherwise a fun and happy manga. It's probably worse that it treats it like no big deal and makes one random reference to it across the whole 500 pages- WHY INCLUDE IT? IT'S SO UNNECESSARY!!!

I also found the end p
Ess
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Soooo good getting back into this series! I need books 2 and 3 NOW! Haha. Very easy and fun to fly through and it is pretty addictive so get ready to want to binge these books. The art is absolutely gorgeous and the story is exciting and, I have to say, there are so so many cute little side stories. One thing I love about Cardcaptors as well is that in these books the characters are constant and each have their own purpose- I enjoy seeing them all grow and pop up all the time instead of random c ...more
Hannah Belyea
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new teacher at Sakura's school is hiding magical powers from everyone but her, and soon reveals herself to be a shrine maiden - and if Sakura wants to continue gathering the Clow cards, she will have to figure out what she is willing to sacrifice for those she loves! CLAMP continues this classic series with more action, mystery and heart than ever before. What other secrets lay within the hunt for the escaped beasts?
Unicorn
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
I'm really enjoying the series to the point that I actually started watching the anime despite school and everything. It is just so much, I personally really enjoy childish things like Sailor Moon and Fancy Lala it's just so pure to watch/read and this is just so colorful and vibrant and the characters become so much more interesting here. It is way too good for a childrens' story, I mean the amount of plot twists were so wow.
Courtney (courtney & books)
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-in-2018
One thing I was not expecting from the Cardcaptor Sakura manga was that it would be so different from the anime, especially because they are made by the same company. I still really enjoyed this volume. I love the message and the characters, the plot and the art. It’s just all so good and nostalgic. A great manga series!
Bryan
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The continuation of Sakura’s adventures of collecting cards and daily life is thrilling and yet so very much heartwarming. I just love these characters! Definitely very excited to read book 3 and very curious what path CLAMP takes this story in.

Also, as an elementary school teacher I love that this is a series I can share with my students. Great introduction to “magna”.
Maggie Gordon
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay, so the anime for this was way better than the manga. It's hard to get a sense of time, and nothing really happens in this second volume. The characters are pretty one dimensional, and there's even more creepy adult/minor relationships :l But Sakura has all the cards now and she defeated Yue, so yeah? Meeeeeh...
Carl Power
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
♥♥♥
I absolutely adore this series, i love how easy it is to read and how invested I am in all the characters. Each omnibus gets better and better and after the end of this one, I cannot wait to see in which direction the story goes.
Kathleen
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great art and cute character designs, as always from CLAMP! This collected volume wraps up the first series with the capture of the final card. But wait, there's more - a vision of Clow Reed himself promising trouble still to come?
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
I LOVED this!!! The anime had to make up a lot of episodes that were never in the manga, though!
Arthur
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 so cute and simple
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 8 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Edition, #8)
  • Princess Knight, Vol. 1
  • Tokyo Mew Mew Omnibus 1
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 02 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #2)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 5
  • Chrno Crusade, Vol. 2 (Chrno Crusade, #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 7

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2  (Cardcaptor Sakura, #2)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)