Start by marking “Cosmic Christmas” as Want to Read:
Cosmic Christmas

Cosmic Christmas

Was the birth of Jesus a quietly profound event? Or could it have included heavenly battles, angel armies, and a scheming Satan? Come along as Lucado takes us on a journey into his imagination-pulling back the curtain as we see what might have taken place on "Cosmic Christmas."
Published October 7th 1997 by Thomas Nelson

N.N. Light
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and it is a MUST READ every Christmas! It is a beautiful re-telling of what happened Christmas Eve!! One of Max Lucado's best!
Auntie
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a great story by Max Lucado! It came out every Christmas and finally, I sat down and read it in one sitting. The message of the book is that in addition to events happening down here on earth during the birth of Christ (and following) there were also events happening in heaven. Max speculated on the actions of angels and demons as God's will unfolded. It was one more way to meditate on the reason for this amazing season of celebration.
Susan
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting take on the birth of Christ. I never thought about it from a Heavenly perspective before. I should have thought of the possibility that Satan wouldn't want Jesus born and would try and stop the birth. It also gives insight into Gabriel's role from the annunciation to guard duty. An interesting read that gives food for thought. Happy reading!
Michael
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
Great simple read with a whole new perspective on what took place on Christmas.
Matthew
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Written from the perspective of Gabriel the angel, Cosmic Christmas, brings the story of Christmas (the greatest story ever told...because it's a true story) alive in a completely different way.
Kim Lockhart
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favorite Christmas book of all time!
Cindy
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: autumn-bingo
I like Max Lucado but this one was not my favorite. Don’t get me wrong - it was interesting, but I just did not find the same take-aways that I usually do. This was definitely a different take on the Christmas story. Here we are told the Christmas story from the viewpoint of Gabriel the Archangel. This gives the angels perspective on the familiar narrative. There is a battle between God and Lucifer, much of it unseen from the earthly view. An interesting way of looking at the Christmas story.
Kim Lusardo
Jan 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Sorry Max Lucado fans! I'm not one for religious writing, although this is alright. I wouldn't recommend it to many people though.. Although I don't like this book, I do like his children's books.
Stephanie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Christmas book. The reality of what Satan would do to prevent Christ from being born. A really great and probably as close to realistic as a human can imagine about the cosmic, phenomenal powers of our God. Short read and a perfect read for the holidays.
Judy Lovely
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We started reading this in our Sunday School Class during Advent but I decided I didn’t want to wait and ordered my own copy. I enjoyed this version and it will be an Advent staple for me every year.
Courtney Scott
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Christmas read ☺ ...more
Sarah E Mudge
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands down one of my favorite books by Max Lucado. A very interesting take on the story of Christmas, from the perspective of the angels, and a keen reminder of the reality of Spiritual warfare.
Maureen Lo
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
How great is God's love for us.
Elaine Reinhard
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
Absolutely fabulous.truly inspiring Awonderful must read for those who love the Christmas story.
Geri
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas-theme, 2017
Don't think I like the idea of Lucifer attacking the Blessed Virgin while Jesus is in her womb.
Kind of creepy.
Kati
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a very strange book ...
Anna
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it
It must be my own upbringing that makes it impossible to view this book purely as a mythological story. If I could succeed in viewing it that way, I think I could like this story more. Knowing the original myth and seeing this view of it would make it easy to see the innovation, but I can't help being plagued knowing that so many people read this and see so much of it as truth.

I remember loving this book so much as a kid. I've always loved reading old stories with new points of view and I still
Bonita
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This glimpse of the first Christmas through the perspective of the angel Gabriel is a perfect book to read as a family leading up to Christmas day. I started reading it with my children (ages 11, 9, and 6) about a week before Christmas, assuming we would read a chapter each morning ... but they didn't want to stop! We ended up starting it over again, and might add reading this book to our yearly Christmas traditions.
Experiencing what might have occurred on the cosmic level that Christmas of mill
Mar 25, 2008 rated it liked it
I'm not really sure how I feel about this book, I thought the creative way that Max Lucado chose to tell this story was original and innovative, but I'm not sure if I agree with all of its compartments. I don't know if I would envision it the same way. Still, it was a worthy effort on Max's part and I might recommend if they were already a fan of his.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Philip Dampier
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Very interesting approach to the birth of the Christ Child, even believable. Have read it more than one Christmas season. It launched my own thinking and I am in the first chapter of a book with a similar story line. Max is a great author and I can't think of anything he's written that isn't done with excellency. Great read around the Christmas tree. Just buy all his books because they are all worthwhile for the Christian reader.
Elizabeth
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
I tried this book because it was a slim little volume for the holidays. Max Lucado, the author, shows a lot of imagination about what he perceives as an ongoing battle between God and Satan. Max is a person of unshakable faith which I admire. It's just not MY belief system that we are in a daily war with evil. I guess my dispute is with the content of this book. However, it was still a striking presentation of an imaginative story.
Captmashpea
Dec 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
I cant remember if I have read any other Lucado books but I thought this one was completely over done. I just couldnt believe angels would think and talk like that. It wad a very quick read I will give it that.

It was suggested to me by a co-worker who thought I would love it. Mrs. S and like to read completly different kinds of books. What do you do when someone nice suggests something you have no interest in reading and actually gives you the book to borrow?

(hard copy)
Jamie
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A new and fresh perspective of the Nativity story. An interesting way to view the obstacles that may have presented themselves when God sent the "essence" of Jesus, His one and only son to enter into Mary's womb. So many unforeseen, to the human eyes, events that could have transpired! LOVED IT! Quick and easy read! I have made it part of my Christmas tradition to read annually during the Christmas season.
Esther
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! That was an amazing book! I will forever look at the Christmas story differently. Through the eyes of the angel Gabriel, Max Lucado spins a speculative tale of what could have occurred in the spiritual world at the time of Jesus's birth. The Cosmic Christmas was a quick read and a wonderful story! I'd happily read it again and again and again! :D
Rachel N
Jul 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
A “one-sitting” read, the Cosmic Christmas will open your eyes to the battle over the first Christmas. Most people are familiar with the story of Christmas from the books of Matthew and Luke – but how many have considered the story from the perspective of the book of Revelation? Cosmic Christmas does just that! A worthwhile read for every December.
Nikki
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I read it from start to finish in one day! Once I picked it up and started, I couldn't stop. I loved how it showed what the other characters went through. I never really thought about what they had to endure before this book. I'm so glad I read this and will probably read it again.
Wanda
Dec 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn't like the false doctrine that was woven into the story. I'm sure the author wished to show the war against good and evil but he really got creative with the story of the Nativity in ways that cannot be supported by any scripture I've ever read. I bought this book at library book sale and it will be donated back next opportunity.
Tami
Feb 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The way that Max Lucado retells the traditional story of Mary & Joseph was amazing! I will never think of that story the same way again, it will now hold even more meaning than before. I have had trouble finding this book and gave my copy away a long time ago, it you see it at a garage sale, church bizzare sale, grab it, read it then read it to your kids every Christmas and don't loan it out!
Bonnie
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lucado imagines the battle with the good vs. evil angels in the heavenly realm and how they fought over Christ's birth. Partially biblically-based, part fictionalized account, it is a good story and a very short read. It will leave Christian believers with another perspective to consider.
Sarah Sayre
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, favorites
Great quick read that puts a twist on the Christmas Story without taking away from the true meaning of Christmas. I love that the story was told from Gabriel's POV and I think everyone should read this clever book.

• A Cup of Christmas Tea
  • Politically Correct Holiday Stories: For an Enlightened Yuletide Season
  • Joseph: A Man of Integrity and Forgiveness (Great Lives from God's Word, #3)
  • The Compassion of Animals: True Stories of Animal Courage and Kindness
  • Oh My Baby, Little One
  • Merry's Christmas: a love story (Redeeming Romance Series Book 1)
  • Building Blocks
  • Christmas: A Candid History
  • A Midnight Clear: Family Christmas Stories
  • On Christmas Eve (Cape Light #11)
  • Susanna's Christmas Wish
  • Finding Calcutta: What Mother Teresa Taught Me about Meaningful Work and Service
  • Courage
  • The Challenge of the Disciplined Life: Christian Reflections on Money, Sex, and Power
  • Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls (Pax Arcana #0.02)
  • Kiss of Death (Kiss Trilogy, #2)
  • Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book
  • The Promise
With more than 130 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing August 2018 and is titled Unshakable Hope.

https: