Start by marking “Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)” as Want to Read:
Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)

Demon Song

(Blood Singer #3)

Bodyguard Celia Graves plies her trade in a world where bloodthirsty vampires roam the night and street-corner psychics have real powers. A vamp attack turned Celia into a unique creature who finds sunlight painful and who must take all her food in liquid form—but who still retains her human heart, mind, and soul.

The attack also awakened a hidden part of her heritage: Celi
Published March 1st 2011 by St. Martins Press-3PL

To ask other readers questions about Demon Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Song

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

So here's the thing about DEMON SONG . . .

Before this rerereread, it was my favorite book in the BLOOD SINGER series (thus far). It was actually one of my favorite installments of an urban fantasy series ever.

BUT.

This time around . . . not so much.

Before I get into the specifics, I need to emphasize a qualifier or three:

1. I still feel that the basic plot line is fantastic.

Demon hell gate, Atlantis, JOHN-effing-CREED . . . Seriously, what's not to like?

2. Escal
Teea
Jun 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This series is a "turn your brain off" series. Don't look for incredible writing, deep engaging characters, or a plot line that leaves you breathless. It's predictable, and cliche at every turn. Just like an episode of Buffy or Dark Angel. Sometimes it was quite painful to read. Overall, I'd give it a "meh" and would not recommend it.However, sometimes it's nice to succumb to mind numbing fluff.
anjuli
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, the series continues and so does Celia's messed up life. I feel bad for her at times. She just cannot catch a break. This book continues pretty much after Siren Song left. Her life is one chaotic incident after another. There's hell gate and then, there's Atlantis. Yes, the Atlantis....

As if her plate is not full enough that the demon that is stalking her is back in this one. He's obsessed with her and wants to, of course, have her (besides taking over the dimension). Not to mention, both, E
Liv
Mar 21, 2011 rated it liked it
This novel was a continuation of Celia's adventures, picking up immediately after book #2 in the series. I was originally disappointed with book #1, but I thought that overall the series had progressively improved and became more interesting as we followed the storyline.

There were lots of actions and adventures, and I was quite happy that I saw some character growth in Celia. It was clear that she was well aware of her developing siren abilities, and meanwhile she worked hard to keep her vampire
Steph
Demon Song , the 3rd book in Cat Adams' Blood Singer series, finds Celia still coping with her fight to not go full vamp, while also dealing with the demon that just won't leave her alone and her recently discovered heritage. Troubles a brewin' and she finds herself smack in the middle of it.

The action in this series is non-stop. Trouble follows Celia around, but the girl carries some major weapons, many hopped on magic and always gets the job done. This addition to the series has a bit more r
Leah Bosward
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I'm reviewing this when I was on page 324. This book centres around Celia dealing with normal life and oh a mental facility filled with supernatural creatures that demons have overrun. If that doesn't draw you in, Celia's love life starts to heat up after the last two books not being so filled with it. I really forgot how much I loved this series. Celia is a kick ass Part Vampire, Part Siren. Human in a world filled with supernatural creatures such as werewolves, demons and so much more ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

*Spoilers for previous books in this series*
DEMON SONG masterfully juggles multiple storylines all revolving around the cool-as-they-come Celia Graves who by this book is a bodyguard who has survived a vampire attack, learned she’s a half siren princess, and discovered that she has an unliftable demon death curse.

As with the previous Blood Singer books, DEMON SONG is masterfully plotted. Every moment, character, and discovery has a significant purpose.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Breia "The Brain" Brickey for TeensReadToo.com

Being around Celia Graves is hard - heck, BEING Celia Graves is even harder.

Celia is getting used to being a half-vampire siren. As if that wasn’t enough, she has faced off against both a Siren Queen and a demon who wants her dead, and she’s done all of this while dealing with a heart that's been broken twice by the same man.

Just as we think Celia may get a little rest, she learns that an ancient rift between a demon dimension and our own
Kathy Martin
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Celia is balancing two (or maybe 3) boyfriends and a greater demon. Of course, she is also battling her siren heritage and a possible end of the world scenario. Along the way she has to manage her vampire needs and help her friends get over major trauma. This was an action packed adventure and the end indicates that more adventures are on tap for Celia too. The story was exciting and entertaining with lots of danger.
Melissa
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf
Another solid entry in the series.

I am not usually a triangle love interest kind of person but I really didn't mind it in this story since she wasn't all angsty about it. It is what it is and both men know about it and Celia knows at some point she will have to pick one. Also since this is UF, it is not the focus of the story.
Dan
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
So many works of fiction develop impossible romantic triangles which stretch on for ages, long after any sane group of people would have either moved on or else declared polyamory. There are hints of the latter here, but I doubt they will come to much.

The romance-novel thing has so far been tidily contained in subplots. I'm hoping that continues.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Dec 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Great cast of characters, lots (and I mean lots) going on! Celia loses people close to her, makes new friends, and the love triangle is a go. Not crazy about those, but in this book it works. FYI- book ends on a mild cliffhanger- but it's not one of those "OMG!!" moments.
Brianna
very good. Picks up right where Siren Song left off. and it has a love triangle with Bruno, Celia and John Creede. I really can't wait if there is another book in this series (which i am hoping), if not , oh well.
Aven McNab
Jun 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Overall a 3.5 or 4. The ending was a little cheesy.
Kathy Davie
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, urban
Third in the Blood Singer urban fantasy series about a full-human bodyguard-turned-vampire/siren/human.

My Take
Oh, I cannot believe that Emma actually said that! Especially after the events in Siren Song ! W. T. F!

It's just too cute — and thank god for friends — how Dawna and friends keep an eye on Celia's food intake. The romantic action also heats up in Demon Song. With Creede, Bruno, and Gaetano. With some very interesting graphic displays! Certainly none I've ever come across…*chuckling as
K.G. Wilkie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed that the first book was fast paced and had some hints of a well rounded heroine. I love that this book adds even more depth to all the characters, develops that background story of our siren without feeling like a bunch of clunky flashbacks, once again has some romance but doesn't spend all our time obsessing over just the romantic relationship because our girl also has a life, and I loved that this book created less loose threads (though some minor unaddressed questions from the first ...more
Ale
Estos libros no son particularmente obras maestras literarias pero hacen el trabajo y te entretienen. Cuando llegas al libro 3 o 4 de una saga ya pretendes terminarla ya que has invertido más tiempo y ya conoces mejor a los personajes.

La trama de este libro no fue mala, simplemente fue apurada. Con un poco más de tiempo hubiesen podido desarrollar cada evento y también separarlos (es un blur las cosas que pasan)

Creo que aprovecharé y terminaré con esta saga y veremos que pasa :)

Nico
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
This series was incredibly choppy and did not really develop it's main character. I found that the reader found out about most of the things by learning about them after they happened and not during. We were very much told instead of shown. I detested Bruno's character and read to the reviews of the next couple of books to see if this ridiculous love triangle goes on and who, if anyone, she choose. I was sorely disappointed and will be tapping out from this series.
Matilde Damkier
It's still a good book, but I have the same issues with this one as I had with the second.
But it seems the cast of characters is stabilizing, at least a little bit. We got some more face-time with people we know - and some romance development.
But really, her first actual date in the series and we have to hear about it second-hand, after the fact? Bah.
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Debra
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let's see. The spa with Celia's friends was nice, the wine tasting was really hot, the world is coming to an end and she has three really hot guys to choose from. Whew!!! Love this series!! Highly recommend!
Crystal Balboni
Best book of the series so far.
Amy Webster-Bo
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
they get better as they go along,
Cecy Ixtacuy
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4/5 just because of John Creed, I loved him.
Shelley
Aug 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

**Review** Demon Song is the third book in the Blood Singer series by the writing tandem known as Cat Adams. It features Celia Graves as a bodyguard by trade, who was attacked by a bat (vampire) in Blood Song, and turned into a creature that is not quite human, but not fully vampire either. She was dead yes, but she retains her humanity, even though it’s predicted that she will eventually slip up and drink human blood by accident, intent, or simple biology of being a vampire.

Sh
Jenn
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I discovered the Blood Singer series a couple months ago, thanks to Tynga’s post about a blow-out sale at bookcloseouts.ca a while back. It’s such a fantastic site that, incidentally, has free shipping right now -- for a limited time only -- so go check it out, my fellow Canucks!

With each book, I love the Blood Singer series even more. I wasn’t sure I could love Celia and her world more but I was thrilled by Demon Song. The two ladies (C. T. Adams and Cathy Clamp) who write as Cat Adams have don
Kathy
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Demon Song

I strongly recommend you read the previous books in the series (Blood and Siren Song) prior to reading this installment.

This is one of those dark urban fantasy series that is just serious enough to keep my attention and just dark enough to not be considered urban fantasy lite or young adult.

The story started off with a bang, however, I still had a little bit of a hard time getting into this installment. It felt like the author was playing it too safe; Celia is only half everything but
Kale
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Dynamic Duo Cat Adams returns with the third installment of their Blood Singer Series, Demon Song. While I think this series is a real quiet dark horse of the paranormal set, things seem to be getting a bit overly complicated in Celia Graves' world. The story opens with a seemingly normal day of shopping. But quickly Celia is recruited to help save Kevin from an unlawful imprisonment at the Zoo, the paranormal prison. Kevin is captured after staging a breakout for his girlfriend, whose own inves ...more
Jessica(Spinecracker)
Feb 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Originally Posted at http://thespinecracker.blogspot.com/

Just when I thought I couldn't be more impressed with the writing duo known as Cat Adams, I'm surprised by them yet again. Demon Song comes on the scene to inject the story-arc with fresh plot twists, new character revelations, and a little more fun.

If you've read my reviews of the two previous books in the series, you'll know that Adams' stacked plots and rich character development is some of the best out there, and there's cert
Habrewer
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Demon Song by Cat Adams
* I received a copy of this book from Tor Publishing in exchange for an honest review*

Demon Song picks up right where Siren Song left off. We are transported back into Celia’s world where we’ve come to expect the unexpected. Celia is still struggling with the task of figuring out why Vicki left all that money to Mick, while keeping her friends safe and running her business.

The demons have taken over the California State Paranormal Treatment Facility, aka “the zoo.” The hea
Cecila and the werewolf 2 12 Oct 28, 2013 07:20AM
  • Better Off Undead (The Bloodhound Files, #4)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2)
  • The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan, #3)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Unchained: The Dark Forgotten
  • Crossroads (Anna Strong Chronicles, #7)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Vicious Grace (The Black Sun's Daughter, #3)
  • Hellforged (Deadtown, #2)
  • Everdark (Dark Ink Chronicles, #2)
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
This is the pen name of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams (co-authors of the Thrall trilogy and the Sazi series published by Tor). They created this name to write under to make it easier for new fans (or old) to find them on the book shelves.

Blood Singer (7 books)
  • Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1)
  • Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
  • To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)
  • All Your Wishes (Blood Singer, #7)