Start by marking “Aliens: Fast Track to Heaven ” as Want to Read:
Aliens: Fast Track to Heaven

Aliens: Fast Track to Heaven (Aliens Comics)

2.95  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Deep beneath the ice of Jupiter's moon Europa, life teems in the depths of dark oceans fed by belching, chemical-rich volcanic vents. But more spectacular discoveries of life elsewhere in the cosmos have left Europa little more than another commercial stopover with an orbital station and a decaying space elevator ferrying cargo and personnel to and from the moon. But when ...more
Published December 11th 2011 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Aliens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens

Gianfranco Mancini
Vote: 3,5

Story: 2
Art: 5

Liam Sharp's artworks are great, atmosphere and pace claustrophobic and thrilling, but the story is just the same one that Alien fans know well and love: crew goes exploring, meets the creature, get slaughtered with few twists.

And characters and storyline really needed much more than just 40 pages to be better developed.

Not bad read for space-horror fans, just a too short one.
Shawn Birss
The art is beautiful. Unfortunately, it still doesn't bring us anything we haven't seen before. The story is equally forgettable, a rehash of every Aliens story told in the last thirty years. This book reads a little like a fan fiction by Liam Sharp, just an opportunity to illustrate his own version of the same Aliens formula. It is nice to look at, but not really worth turning your head to do so.
Michael Rudzki
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast Track to Heaven is an interesting Aliens story, beautifully painted. It suffers a bit from its length, however. If it was a bit longer it would be almost perfect, as that would have allowed more characterization and a bit more of an impactful ending.
Ben Nash
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
A crew goes down to investigate trouble on Europa's space elevator (?). You can probably guess what happens next.

Not enough time to develop the story or characters. Felt no real attachment to either.
Lucas Swanger
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Great art, very short story.
Sydney Squidney
May 08, 2012 rated it did not like it

I'm sorry, is this a joke?

Out of fear that my review may run longer than the content of this entire book, i aim to keep it succinct.

Lots of problems with this cursory story beginning with it's impoverished and incomplete plot.

That any Aliens fan would give this story a stellar review is a travesty, and frankly I am disappointed in Dark Horse and the writer and in anyone who willingly attached themselves to this project only to deliver one of the most inadequate, perfunctory, immature stories in
Diayll
Feb 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Series, Horror, Aliens
Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: NetGalley
Reviewer: Me

Aliens: Fast Track to Heaven is a short – 40 page – graphic novel novella set in the epic Alien Universe. It may not be the engrossing 140 page graphic novel we comic lovers are use to; however, wrapped up in these 40 pages is a fast paced tantalizing story of one rescue teams frightening journey of survival. What is lurking behind every wall, in the shafts, and deep within the shadows?
Sara Thompson
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
What a privilege to read a graphic novel before it’s published. In this case, the work is a novella – shorter than the average graphic novel. I didn’t think they could get shorter, to be honest. It was far too brief for my taste but a nice treat anyway.
Aliens was drawn wonderfully. The monster remained true to the movies. I wasn’t so keen on the multicolor panes for the characters. I prefer clean drawings but this one was filled with green, red and blue squares making it difficult for me to conn
Richelle
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not really sure how this one got the 'graphic novel' headline. The version I read wasn't a physical one, so perhaps it's different in person? This one didn't seem like much more than a regular comic.

Also, I was fairly disappointed in the lack of... anything... really at all. I hardly recall anything of this one and I only read it a day ago. Looking back over it, very little actually happens. There's more talk of doing than actually doing and then it's mostly just some interestingly coloured pane
Paul
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
m'eh
cliché characters that even admit they're cliché.
cliché story... a group of people stuck in an enclosed space with an Alien threat outside (where have we seen that before?)
story full of gaps and plotholes... at one point I was wondering if I'd skipped any pages (I hadn't). Story is WAY too short for the material contained.
OK art, but not once did it feel as if the Alien creature was all that much of a menace, even when it does end up killing everybody.

I probably never even would have bought
Mike Jozic
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
There were some very good elements to this story but overall it just sort of fell flat. I like Sharp as a storyteller and he's often involved in 'different' projects so I was disappointed that he did not bring anything new to the table as far as the expanded ALIENS universe is concerned. Short enough to try again sometime but I'm in no hurry.
Vim
Nov 29, 2011 rated it liked it
From: Dark Horse Comics
Via: NetGalley.com

Reading this graphic novella felt like I'm watching a short movie of Aliens. There's a mixture of horror and suspense here that I expect because of the title. Liam Sharp's illustrations are very good and helps the flow of the story. I just wished that more action scenes were added.

Tazio Bettin
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Extremely quick and fast-paced read. The story is nothing unexpected: crew of scientists/explorers go investigate a place, find everyone dead, alien creature, the slaughter begins. However, the atmospheres are splendid, the art and narration of Liam Sharp really make this story shine, and all in all is a quite enjoyable book!
Suzanne Russell
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
it was okay the short was too short and only one Alien it was okay for a novella but it needed more Aliens
Tom
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alien fans
Not sure why people didn't like this one. It's a pure Alien (Not Aliens) type of setting & story and the locations are perfect! It was a short story for a hardcover..but common the thing was great.
Jonathan
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
ehh. ok. art was good. story fairly predictable. felt rushed.
Sean
Nov 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
Just as I was really getting into this story... It was over. A little too short for my praise and worth.
David Wardrop
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Damn, that was an abrupt ending. Love the artwork and found the story to be good yet brief. Fans of Alien should like it comic book fans might too.
Tom-Kenneth Fossheim
Aug 07, 2012
Rory
Feb 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Liam Sharp is a British artist, writer and publisher. His debut work started in the late 1980s drawing Judge Dredd for 2000AD. Since then he has worked for numerous comic publishers including Marvel UK, Marvel Comics, DC comics, Image, Dynamite Comics, Verotick as well as many others. He has published his first novel. He has worked with advertising campaigns as well as design work and produced art ...more
More about Liam Sharp...

Aliens Comics (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Alien: The Illustrated Story