Start by marking “Going to Church - A User's Guide” as Want to Read:
Going to Church - A User's Guide

Going to Church - A User's Guide

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Do you go to church wishing it was (more often) a more uplifting experience? Are you contemplating giving church a try? If so, this book is for you. Looking in turn at the church as it is, the church as it's meant to be, and the church as it might become, John Pritchard offers not only humour and insight, but also encouragement to feel that going to church is really worthw ...more
Published May 21st 2009 by Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge

To ask other readers questions about Going to Church - A User's Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going to Church - A User's Guide

Stephen
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
What an amazing book. I am a recent enough convert to Church of Ireland and while this book is aimed more at Church of England members it is equally applicable to those of us in Church of Ireland.

I'm not great at going to church, but that may change thanks to this book. To me going to church was "duty", I was raised Roman Catholic, so most of my childhood was spent going to satisfy my grandmother. This book showed me though what church can be! It was funny, engaging and thoughtful!

The book is
Lizzy
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lizzy by: Church reading group
A very accessible, entertaining book about church as it is, as it should be and as it might become. The style is light and engaging but still manages to give serious food for thought. Each chapter ends with questions to consider which would be a good starting point for group discussions.
Angharad Atkinson