Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9 (Fullmetal Alchemist #9)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  8,065 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
Ed, Al and Winry return to Central Command, but only bad news greets the Fullmetal Alchemist and his friends. Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes has been murdered - and Second Lieutenant Maria Ross is the prime suspect! While Maria awaits an uncertain fate in jail, the living suit of armor bearing the soul of serial killer "Berry the Chopper" breaks free of the military and go ...more
Published September 19th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 22nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Somebody You cant read this story on Goodreads. You have to buy it from a store or borrow it from your local library.

You might find it online if you look hard…more

You might find it online if you look hard enough but there is always the danger of getting a virus and or pop up ad.(less)

Aliix
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ay no, mi corazón T.T
Caroline
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WELL that was great! There were some more really sad moments in this volume but I loved it so so much! I love the way the plot is coming together, there's a lot of scheming happening between all the characters which is awesome. I also love that there are new characters who bring something new to the table! It's all super interesting and fun. One of the highlights of this volume was finally seeing Mustang and his crew in action (they are so professional and badass and awesome!)
Esma Tezgi
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Seri güzel ilerliyor, olaylar büyüme başladı. Yeni katılan karakterler seriye geldi. Eğlenceli bir şeyler okumak isteyenlere ve manga severler Çelik Simyacı'yı tavsiye ederim.
Sarah Sammis
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Volume 9 of Fullmetal Alchemist of Fullmental Alchemist by Hiromu starts an interesting arc that explains how soul transference works. Some of that was hinted at in Volume 8 but it's here that it comes to disturbing fruition.

Barry the Chopper is the key to this unsettling revelation. When he goes missing, his keepers send his body to find him. A body needs a soul to function and as Ed and the ex-death-row prisoners haves demonstrated, a soul can even animate a suit of armor. But a soul can't sta
King Haddock
Every installment of Fullmetal Alchemist I could claim is a "good" one, and this is no exception. Verily, Volume 9 is (like most other volumes) a "great" one. I particularly love the increasing complexity of the situation as the Elric brothers - and readers! - must untangle information concerning the government, the philosopher's stone, and peoples' loyalties. And every character is memorable, a factor so incredibly important for any well-written work. Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa, for the enticing ...more
Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the cover for this volume - it's very dramatic.

One thing I like in Fullmetal Alchemist is that nobody is holding the idiot ball. Most characters are clever one way or another (even if it's just "clever about their own domain", like Barry the Chopper who knows everything there is to know about chopping people up and what murderers look like), and some are even wilier than most.

And this particular volume contains a ton of scheming and trickery.
Selena
You know, this is probably my favorite volume so far. You know why? We finally get to see Mustang's crew in action! I've been waiting for them to do something awesome for a while now rather than just be comedic additions.
Kellie
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love seeing the boys grow with each chapter and with each volume. I also love all of the characters.
Becky
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
If Maria is actually dead imma bust a cap.
I keep wanting to rate these books lower, but then there's one moment that saves it for me. This time was Hawkeye.
It's usually Hawkeye, tbh.
Camilla (ReaderintheAttic)
Ci siamo. Le cose cominciano davvero a divinire serie. Anche se probabilmente solo nella parte finale del manga. Questo volume avrebbe potuto essere una piccola perla e in un certo senso lo è stato ma solo a metà. Le vicende di Jean Havoc, di Huges e di altri personaggi come Berry lo Squartatore e Maria Ross avrebbero dovuto essere sviluppate maggiormanete e sopratutto anche nei precedenti volumi, anziché presentare tutto all'interno di un volume e poi, magari farlo terminare in quello seguente. ...more
নাজমুল হাসান
Now reading through the volumes in blazing speed. Can't put down for one second. The plot thickens, conspiracies run deep, and it gets impossible to keep faith in the comrades. But all is not lost, since there is the slightest bit of hint left by Colonel Mustang to Major Armstrong. Ran Fan is turning out to be quite an interesting character. The volume ends with a big cliffhanger. You better brace yourselves before starting this volume, cause you are going to be rattled emotionally, that I can g ...more
Julie
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This volume was heart wrenching and filled with actions. I am constantly surprised by this series and I love how much the content made me think. It it has a lot of depth. The characters continue to develop and they are fleshed out even more.

Barry the Chopper. - I like the addition.
Nərmin
Roy Mustang, you baka! You killed the wrong guy! How dare you did something that horrible without confirming everything? Now all my trust in you had gone! I am shocked and upset all about this!
TheGracefulReader
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Matt
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Leonel García
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El volumen 9 que contiene los mangas 34-37 de la obra de Arakawa, vemos en acción al coronel Mustang. Por una parte impulsado por la venganza y por otra impulsado por descubrir que está pasando dentro de la milicia.
Mientras, los hermanos Elric se enteran del asesinato de uno de sus amigos, lo cual pondrá en duda su motivación en la búsqueda de la verdad. Sin embargo, desde alguien inesperado, oirán las palabras de aliento para que el esfuerzo de los caídos no sean vano.
Buen tomo que ya empieza
Elizabeth Brenner
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lies and intrigue abound in this volume! One of my favorite episodes in the anime comes from Chapter 37: The Body of a Criminal, where we begin to see the depths of Mustang's team, and the style of his deceptions. Some wonderful beats between Ed, Winry, and Al, and the first ripples of consequences become apparent as the story and characters pivot around Maes Hughes's death and Maria Ross's incarceration. We're a third of the way through now, and everyone has only glimpses and scraps of the larg ...more
Amber (theshadowbusiness)
2.5

Maybe I'm in a foul mood, but I felt indifferent towards this volume. Moments I knew would've usually had me shed a tear or two, had no effect on me whatsoever. A lot happens in this manga but I didn't care about most of it. This manga has such a huge focus on alchemy, but you barely see it anymore.

Barry is a pain in the ass and I've had enough of that creep. I probably would've put it down if it weren't for Al and Armstrong.
Diana Lynn
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
More of a 4.5 for this one. A lot of intense stuff happened here. I love Ling. Like seriously, he is hilarious, however he and Barry the Chopper put small bits of humor in an otherwise action packed and sad volume. I watched the show so I am aware of what happens next, but reading through this without knowing would make it even more brutal. AND let's be real, Mustang's flame power is just too epic. Ugh, favorite anime ever and I can't wait to read the next manga volume!
Tiana
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think the book was very interesting to read. There was alot of characters involved despite if I don't know all of their names. I would definitely read more parts of the series and maybe eventually know all of the character names as I read on. (Since part 1 of the series was unavailable, I couldn't fully understand what happened before.) The manga was filled with humor and lure at the same time. (Mostly at the end for what i've read had the most lure.)
Sudeshna Bora
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was a bit taken aback by the behaviour of the flame alchemist. The obsession of envy and all over Barry , the chopper seems a bit over . As I am reading it at a higher pace than my ordinary manga. It is becoming increasingly difficult to write a separate review for each volume. The manga as a whole has become very enjoyable. Still no clue what actually is the plot.
Laurena
Oh god. OH GOD! I don't think I can carry on! Nope. *Swoons* This. Series. Is. AMAZING! EVERYONE MUST READ IT! Don't read it just because I forced it onto you. The same friend that recommended this series to me also tried to get me to read a different series last year... That didn't go so well!
Mr. Tally
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is good...
Henrietta
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2018
i think i'm just barely starting to grasp how many things have happened in such a short amount of time.
Jay
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
it was cool more action at one point and will continue.
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Nadhirah Nazarudin
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Flame Alchemist vs Lust!

Duh, obvious Royai in this volume!
Charlotte
Really enjoyed seeing the fallout from past volumes; it's great how the story comes together again and again. Just loving this.
Pinkerton
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I subordinati di Mustang sono eccezionali, giostrano la situazione a meraviglia e portano avanti la trama mantenendo sempre vivo l’interesse del lettore.
  • Bleach, Volume 28
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 06
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 20
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. #4 (D.Gray-man, #4)
  • Death Note, Vol. 11: Kindred Spirits (Death Note, #11)

Associated names :
荒川弘美 (real name)
ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and du
More about Hiromu Arakawa...

Fullmetal Alchemist (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 5 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 8 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)