Start by marking “We've All Got Bellybuttons!” as Want to Read:
We've All Got Bellybuttons!

We've All Got Bellybuttons!

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  579 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
In David Martin's rollicking romp, playfully illustrated by Randy Cecil, little ones can follow the actions of animal babies and discover all the wonderful ways their bodies can move.

Are you an inny or an outy? Either way, you'll love this perfect read-aloud!

We've got ears, and you do too.
We can pull them.
Can you?

We've all got hands for clapping, necks for stretching, an
Published February 3rd 2005 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about We've All Got Bellybuttons!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We've All Got Bellybuttons!

Amy Forrester
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In this large and colorful book various animals celebrate the joys of having hands, ears, feet, and other body parts. Each body part is introduced by a different animal and is followed by an action. For instance, the zebras have feet, “We can kick them. Can you?” Finally, all the animals realize that they’ve got bellybuttons, which are oh-so-fun to tickle, tickle, tickle!

Perfect for babies and toddlers, this book has very little text per page and the illustrations are playful and dynamic. The rh
Susan
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: storybook, 2016
I was kind of enjoying this one right up to the very end... then! NO! Tickling of the bellybuttons. Tickling is a form of torture (literally). My (abusive) family used it as a 'can't-you-take-a-joke' form of physical abuse on me. UGH! I would have given this book four or five stars if not for that.
Michelle
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING book for baby storytime! It worked really well! The kids loved the bright illustrations and the actions kept them occupied during the storytime.
Ranea
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent baby/toddler storytime book!
Milton Moon Louie
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-children
Action and body parts in story. B
Maggie Ignasiak
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is cute and interactive. I like all the different vibrant colors. It's a great, quick storytime read.
Suzie
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute book but nothing super special about it.
Hannah
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animal-books
Great toddler friendly book!!
Cosette
Some pages work better than others.
Ashley M.
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, health
This is a cute story that depicts different animals with bright and colorful illustrations as they use parts of their body to do different actions. The different body parts on the animals in the book can all be found by children on themselves as well. The story uses repetitive language throughout the book leading in to the next animal. Each animal teaches a new action and use for a body part and ask children if they can too? This book is a fun read aloud for a group of young children still learn ...more
  • Dancing Feet!
  • Jump!
  • Peek-a-Moo!
  • This Little Chick
  • Good Thing You're Not an Octopus!
  • Spots, Feathers, and Curly Tails
  • Can You Growl Like a Bear?
  • Hello, Day!
  • If You're Hoppy
  • Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes
  • If You're Happy and You Know It!
  • Say Hello Like This!
  • Magic Box
  • Here Are My Hands
  • A Boy and His Bunny
  • Tuck Me In!
  • Monkey And Me
  • Clip-Clop
Readers of David Martin's books won't be surprised when they meet the author and find that he is just as entertaining as his books - he sings, plays the guitar or the kazoo, or even juggles during his school visits. As David Martin says, "I have never minded particularly making a fool of myself," so he is never at a loss to illustrate his points or to make a connection with the kids. In his intera ...more
More about David Martin...