Start by marking “Erfgoed (Wicca, #8)” as Want to Read:
Erfgoed (Wicca, #8)

Erfgoed

(Wicca #8)

Nog altijd geen vaste grond onder mijn voeten.
Ik dacht dat ik de waarheid over mezelf nu wel kende.
Maar alles wat ik tot nog toe heb geleerd, zijn leugens gebleken.
Ik zal alles doen wat nodig is, want ik moet het weten.
Ik wil er bijna alles voor opgeven.
Ik moet weten wie - of wat - ik ben.
Published 2007 by Uitgeverij M (first published December 31st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Erfgoed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erfgoed

Clare
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this book is why I will never leave my kids alone. When her adoptive non-Wiccan parents leave for a cruise, Morgan falls apart. Her grades slip, she volunteers for dangerous things and she behaves like an idiot. Drinking, weather magic, morally dubious spells.
I didn't like it because I didn't like Morgan's behavior, and there seemed to be no consequences.

Yes, I'm a parent, and yes I read YA fiction. Deal with it. :)
JonRaven
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm wavering between 3.8-4.2 stars. This was a great book, despite everything. This book began rougher than ever. The typical, required repetition of info from past books gets very badly written and burdensome with this book. That said, this book is excellent once you get past the glaringly painfully awfully written repeat stuff. Sorry Cate Tiernan, I love these books, and I know this is something necessary but it is executed badly.

Now for the good!!! And loads of spoilers.

SPOILERS:

With this boo
Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know I run the risk of being a squealing fangirl, but this really is a nice series. I might rate these lower if the books were longer, but the shorter length of the books works for the dynamic of the series.

This book finds Morgan trying to deal with the truth about her parentage- that her father is the evil Ciaran, leader of Amyranth. When the Council decides that Morgan has to infiltrate the group by cozying up to her evil father & irresponsible half-brother, Morgan half-heartedly agrees-
Jacquline
Capu
Apr 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE Hunter!!!! Never give up!!!
Whitney
Plot

Changeling is about finding more about Amyranth out, but at the same time nothing really happens. Honestly, the majority of the book is Morgan whining about how she’s inherently evil because Ciaran is her father and he’s oh so evil. That’s actually the majority of the plot. There’s also some convoluted plan for Morgan to “infiltrate” Amyranth and obtain enough of their secrets to stop their upcoming attack on Starlocket, Alyce’s coven; all in the span of two weeks. The plot is very…eh. It’s
Tosha
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was sadder then the rest but loved the ending.
Daniela
Apr 13, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Morgan's battle with good and evil is front and center in this book. She does a really great job with tinkering on both sides. She's a good person by choice, but the evil still nudges at her from time to time. When she steps out of line and uses magic when she's not supposed to, she keeps wondering if she truly is meant to be a Woodbane and just go with it, or keep fighting it with all the good that is inside of her.

Being propositioned with being a spy for the Witch council against her father,
Barbara ★
When the Council asks Morgan to spy on and betray her new found brother and father, she is torn. Yes Ciaran, her father, is an extremely evil witch bent on destroying her friends, but he is her father. She has an instant affinity with her brother, Killian and betraying him may be the most difficult thing she'll have to do. The emotional upheaval is intense but the ending makes it all worthwhile.
Tina
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this series and this book does not disappoint!!!
Katrina Passick Lumsden
So...freaking...lame. Was there a point to this one? Oh, right, so the reader could be subjected to page after page of Morgan's ridiculously pointless moping.

I'm gonna read something else, I need a serious break from this series.
Mel Goethals
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favourites in the series. The drama and inner conflict makes for a great read yet it's still quite a light read.
Abbie
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating - 2.5

I liked this one about the same as the last one. It bored me a few times, and the characters annoyed me.
Emma ☽
Definitely not as slow as the previous book, and about time something new is happening.
I really like Killian even tho he can be a jerk sometimes, hopefully he redeem himself in the next books.
I don't know how to feel about her father tho, sometimes it feels like he's the baddest of them all and sometimes it feels like everything is just a big fat misunderstanding... Or maybe he's the baddest of them all but still want to show some love for Morgan. ?!?!
Tiffany Bolin
May 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the book I can never get passed. I'm hoping this year that maybe I can do it. I just feel that the author loses sight of the endgame in this magical series. It hurts my soul to say - but I've read the series once a year for a few years now and this is the book that throws everything off.
Sarah Goodwin
These might be getting worse as I go on...
Joan
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay tbh this was a pretty solid 3 star read the whole way through until the end...it was just so cheesy that I had to dock a star off. Like, I'm sorry, but...it was just super lame.
Lewstherin14
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The strongest book so far. Mostly because Hunter and Morgan are broken up. He's an interesting character but I find their relationship extremely annoying.
Nairabell
Morgan Rowlands has discovered a terrible secret about her origins that has thrown her entire life into doubt. She pushes her beloved Hunter away, determined to isolate herself so as not to threaten the lives of those she loves. But as soon as she does Morgan is contacted by the International Council of Witches. It turns out she is uniquely qualified to help them deal with a dangerous witch...but doing so could cost her her life.

This is the eighth book in the Wicca series (after Book of Shadows,
Erica Zahn
Rose  Heartfilia
I think Changeling is a book that I like and dislike at once. I love the more scenes with Killian and Ciaran. To get to know Morgan her real family (half-family) at least a bit better. I mean it's funny to see that Killian who looks so charming and funny is actually putting of very bad magic. Weather magic or the thing with the true names. It's actually not done. Morgan described Killian as not really looking much like Ciaran but I think he got the charisma too.
Though how evil Ciaran is I like
Charlotte Phillips
It's still hard to believe that Morgan's dad is on the bad side and that he may want to kill her for her powers or use her for bad. But thats what I like about this book, the fact that it makes you think and feel things without letting you know what is really happening or occuring. There is just a lot of hinting and suggesting in its pages, mysteries that have yet to be solved. This of course is what causes the attraction to the book. I loved the whole brother sister thing though wished it could ...more
Sarah Crawford
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is the 8th in the Sweep series. It starts with with some review of previous happenings, including the fact that Morgan's father is an incredibly evil man who killed her mother. The deals of Cal and Selene are remembered, and the situation gets worse as a Council representative explains to Morgan that another “dark wave” is on its way.

The “dark wave” is a means that an evil group of witches is able to kill others and steal their power and possessions, and that Ciaran, Morgan's father, is beh
Kat Mandu
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Kat Mandu says...

The descriptions were awesome, love the points of view I always read from an animal’s perspective. And Morgan’s mission… the deeper insight into the world of the Council gets better and better. You get the feeling that maybe the Council, with its tough rules that supposedly protect everyone, may be under a bit of stress with the knowledge that Ciaran and the rest of Amyranth are at large.

I still love Killian, despite what some of the characters within the book think about him.
T.J. Day
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Shape-shifting! One of the reasons I loved this book. The descriptions were awesome, love the points of view I always read from an animal's perspective. And Morgan's mission; the deeper insight into the world of the Council gets better and better. You get the feeling that maybe the Council, with its tough rules that supposedly protect everyone, may be under a bit of stress with the knowledge that Ciaran and the rest of Amyranth are at large.

I still love Killian, despite what some of the charact
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Cate Tiernan's Changeling, book #8 in her Sweep series.

After the excitement of The Calling, Morgan is asked by the Witches Council to get close to her half brother Killian and her birth father Ciaran. This would be no easy task and the sakes are high. The coven run by her friend Alyce is about to be attacked by Amyranth. Morgan has just 14 days to stop it.

Morgan finds a certain kinship with both Killian and her father, and often struggles with her decision to take on this "m
BookNerdette
Feb 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chelsea Barva-kertesz
Nothing huge happened in this book, but it's another branch in the series, and I really enjoyed reading it. By the eighth book, you feel like you know the characters. When I read these books I feel like I am living out my life with these characters, especially since the passing of time in the books is so slow.

Morgan has broken up with Hunter because she believes she is bad for him, but her feelings for him are stronger than ever. Her parents are going out of town for two weeks, and right when th
Alex
Yay! The first book done for the #booktubeathon! This was for the "read after sunset" challenge. It was a struggle to only read this at night. This series is very engaging and hard to put down once you get into it. This installment was no exception! I really enjoyed Morgan's struggle with her heritage in this book. It was interesting to see her learn about the good and evil side of herself. I'm not sure I like Hunter as a love interest, though. I do like how he treats Morgan like an equal and is ...more
Amanda Pedersen
I have seriously mixed feelings about this series. It seems every book gets more and more unlikable. This one was ok. While the main Plot was strong, the characters seem to become weaker and weaker and Morgan's character has slipped so much. While I understand she's trying to find herself and what not, she's becoming irresponsible, something she had never been before. Other than that, I feel Cate Tiernan rushed this book. The dialouge was dull, unrealistic, and unrelatable. And her writing style ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Book Discussions ...: * Changeling 1 2 Mar 12, 2013 04:24AM

• Ring of Light (Circle of Three, #6)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Revelations (Fingerprints, #6)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Witches' Night of Fear
"was born in New Orleans, LA, in 1961. New Orleans is one of the most interesting American cities, and it has an incredibly rich and exotic culture that had a profound influence on me. Kids in other cities have lemonade stands; we sold voodoo gris-gris and made wax dolls in the likenesses of our enemies. It's a very beautiful city, and the constant heat and humidity make gardens grow out of contro ...more

Wicca (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Book of Shadows (Sweep, #1)
  • The Coven (Sweep, #2)
  • Blood Witch (Sweep, #3)
  • Dark Magick (Sweep, #4)
  • Awakening (Sweep, #5)
  • Spellbound (Sweep, #6)
  • The Calling (Sweep, #7)
  • Strife (Sweep, #9)
  • Seeker (Sweep, #10)
  • Origins (Sweep, #11)
“Don't say I never gave you anything," he said. " I gave you the stars. Good night, little sister.” 5 likes