Start by marking “Conversations with God Book 2: An Uncommon Dialogue” as Want to Read:
Conversations with God Book 2: An Uncommon Dialogue

Conversations with God Book 2: An Uncommon Dialogue (Conversations with God #2)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  19,978 Ratings  ·  226 Reviews
Part of Conversations with God series, this work covers global topics of geopolitical and metaphysical life on the planet, and the challenges facing the world.
Paperback
Published July 1st 1999 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Conversations with God Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conversations with God Book 2

Gil
Sep 17, 2007 Gil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the truly open-minded
It doesn't matter whether you truly think the author conversed with God or whether he made the whole thing up (who's to say?), the spiritual insights into the everyday and commentary of what we have turned religion into are worth the read.
Suzy Atkin
Jun 17, 2010 Suzy Atkin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read book 1 and liked/appreciated that
I can see how devoted Christians could find this book offensive as there are a few times quoted that 'following religion makes you good at obeying, not any closer to God', people might find this hard to swallow considering you have 'rules/commandments' to follow as Christians and also that there are no bad apples, just people who have different views of the world. After studying sociology the messages in this match a lot of what I learned at university. I love how the series gets more in depth w ...more
Tonkica
Jun 02, 2017 Tonkica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kad bi svi ljudi na svijetu... odlučili da.. E, kako bi to bilo divno mjesto, ta Zemlja naša..
Tko god da ćakula u knjizi, sviđaju mi se ideje! Neke ću prihvatiti kao svoje! ;-)
Steve
Jan 21, 2008 Steve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whether you believe what happened to Neale Donald Walsche or not, it is a fascinating read and puts a new, refreshing view on spirituality.
Ella Roberts
These books (Conversations With God 1, 2, 3) are the books that got me into spirituality, and that was the doorway to becoming me! I was fascinated by this series and felt a connection I had never felt to anything or anyone before. As a teenager who was at the time, looking for something to connect to this series of books really helped me!
R.B. Aiken
Apr 05, 2015 R.B. Aiken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy of books was pivotal for understanding that the universe really is non-judgemental. Meaning that you truly can "Ask And You Shall Receive".

i dont know weather Neale Donald Walsch was actually conversing with God, or just talking to himself. To me it doesn't matter because the insights he reveals are truly amazing!

One of the best books ive read!
Laleh
كتاب گفتگو باخدا نوشته نيل دونالد والش وترجمه توراندخت تمدن(مالكي)است. كتابي زيبا ،ساده،رسا درزمينه خدا وخداشناسي وچگونگي ارتباط با خدا.من كه درحال خواندن اين كتابم خيلي خيلي ازون لذت مي برم و رابطم با خدا خيلي زيبا شده.اميدوارم به درد بقيه دوستانم بخوره
با تشكر
شقايق
Toby
Betty
Mar 07, 2012 Betty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 picks up from book 1. This series of book (1,2,&3)will definitely shift your perspective on God...unless it don't :-)
Jonathan Ferrara
***Spolier Alert***

This book was excellent. It teaches you to embrace everything good in the world.

The first book in the series focused on individual consciousness, the second global consciousness. The book brings up very good points. Neale and God go back and forth discussing all of our global crisis. which really makes for an interesting read. I promise you, you won't be bored. A New World order is mentioned, as well as the poor, the hungry, and the homeless. They dive into deep issues concer
Casey
Jan 08, 2016 Casey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After all these thousands years of human history, the fact is, we have barely evolved at all. We still operate in a primitive "every man for himself" mentality-/ we plunder the earth, rape her resources, exploit her people, disenfranchise those who disagree with us for doing all of this. We have developed a lifestyle that is so selfish we cannot maintain it any other way--we must cut down millions of acres of trees, we must destroy miles of our protective ozone layer, we must pollute our rivers ...more
Shikha rawal
May 29, 2016 Shikha rawal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hope this book chooses everyone. I hope everyone can atleast resonate with the words in this book- for they contain innate wisdom in themselves - wisdom of love and life, of God and time, of space and everything beyond, of man and woman and the relationship with all the multitude of beings on earth, of past and future, of everything being in the now- of consciousness and paradigm shift, of there nothing in the universe existing which has not existed already and of free will and unconditional l ...more
Edith Gonzalez
Dec 16, 2014 Edith Gonzalez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's something about this book that really resonates with me. It's quantum physics, new age spirituality, philosophical jabber all in one. You have ti have a certain level of understanding, a feeling I would say to appreciate the genius that is this book. Walsch himself is a skeptic, he questions himself and God throughout the book. This book talks about religion, sexuality, spirituality, politics, world hunger, war, heaven. hell, theology, Hitler, corruption. There is no subjects that is off ...more
Ann444
Jul 07, 2012 Ann444 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If the author really believed he was talking to God why would he haggle over every little thing? This author has been caught in lies, do a search. I was really turned off when, in his second book, he told us that George H Bush was a great humanitarian. How can one converse with all that is and not be in awe?
Devon Pelto
Apr 25, 2014 Devon Pelto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book offers amazing perspectives and questions on life and humanity. It's just as good as book 1, but on global matter instead of personal. The examples of enlightened societies makes me want to start building community now! Who's in?!
Fusun Dulger charles
We all talk with God, but Mr. Walsh, talks and gets a response. Deep but at the same time entertaining, it is a page turner.
It also makes you aware of the mistakes we make about God.
Different form of prayer, more direct, more humane and more realistic.
Great book, that I strongly recommend.
Kylie Cantwell
Apr 14, 2016 Kylie Cantwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who are not convinced about God, but who are open to religion
This book provides a different view of Christianity and God's relationship with us. It suggests the Bible and key religious texts of other faiths as guides which have been human interpretations of how to live, but takes concepts further by showing how close we can be to God.
Jaclynz
May 08, 2015 Jaclynz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book opened my life to new possibilities and the fact that we are love. Highly recommend. In fact, i try to use a lot of this in my daily life and really feel that this book could change the world.
Elahe
Feb 12, 2012 Elahe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
این کتابو خیلی دوست دارم و واقعا متن کتاب روان و گویاست و خیلی با این نوشته ها خاطرات و لحظه های به یاد ماندنی دارم
Tatum
Jun 29, 2008 Tatum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank GOD for these books. They change me in ways no other book, or series of books, ever could. For them, I am grateful.
Maggie
Apr 11, 2009 Maggie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didnt enjoy this one. The first book had some merit but this one lost me.
Rana
Mar 18, 2008 Rana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but I have put it on the shelf for now as I wasn't ready to continue with reading about politics. Will get back to that part when it's time for me. Still a great book.
Tony Jarman
Oct 13, 2014 Tony Jarman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is life changing..its speaks to your soul, and from the dephts of your soul you know that you are now having a conversation with God.
Jana
When you start reading spiritual books, they gradually become sweepingly overwhelming. In the beginning it is vastness of information you could use in everyday living which I never used to live in everyday living and you get all these words mashed together: collective consciousness, dimensions, vibrations, time doesn’t exist, you are a soul creating a physical experience, be kind and grateful, one soul, free will and choice, you came from love to love you will return, different fractions and dis ...more
Dimitris Hall
I don't have much more to say about the 2nd book of Conversations with God than what I did in my review of the 1st one, at least not as far as the whole concept goes. It was on the same wavelength as the first one, with an emphasis on world politics, social topics and economics, suggesting for example that a good way to end income inequality would be to have all money-related data public and visible---"nothing breeds fairness faster than visibility".

An analysis I particularly enjoyed was on the
Dave
Jun 28, 2017 Dave rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is amazing. I feel so much truth in the words. I can imagine many people who consider themselves "devout" will have issues with the words in this book. But for me it makes so much sense. I have always had issues with the references to "fear God" or the suggestions God is wrathful and quick to anger.

To me God is love. This book reflects that. This book will change how you view God, yourself and humanity as a whole. It's well worth reading.
Jen Fader
Dec 11, 2016 Jen Fader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: metaphysics
I found this book on a hike in the middle of nowhere, many years after reading volume 1. I opened it to the page I needed to read, reinforcing my decision to "unschool" my daughter. Call it woo, but it works. Inspiring playbook for those who understand their lives are a gift to be used thoughtfully.
Jinqi
May 07, 2017 Jinqi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all the books by Naele. I have also listened the Chinese version. I really enjoyed it. But I am not v fan about political issues. Expect that I love the best of this book as well similar to the first book.
Thu Nguyen
May 08, 2017 Thu Nguyen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second volumes is even better than the first with answers to universal questions in great depth and details. I feel completely blessed for having the chance to come across this God-sent gift, a true reward for those tireless seekers of spiritual truths which I would count myself as one. :)
Lia
Jun 09, 2017 Lia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, but not as much as the first one
navid_asd2000@yahoo.com 1 4 Feb 04, 2008 03:22PM
navid_asd2000@yahoo.com 1 0 Feb 04, 2008 03:17PM
navid_asd2000@yahoo.com 1 0 Feb 04, 2008 03:15PM
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • The Hidden Messages in Water
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Soul Stories
  • The Disappearance of the Universe: Straight Talk about Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • The Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spirtual Power to Know and Heal
  • How To Know God: The Soul's Journey Into The Mystery Of Mysteries
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated int ...more
More about Neale Donald Walsch...

Conversations with God (4 books)
  • Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 3
  • Conversations With God Book 4: Awaken the Species, A New and Unexpected Dialogue (Conversations with God #4)

“Be a light unto the world, and hurt it not. Seek to build not destroy. Bring My people home.

How?

By your shining example. Seek only Godliness. Speak only in truthfulness. Act only in love.
Live the Law of Love now and forever more. Give everything require nothing.
Avoid the mundane.
Do not accept the unacceptable.
Teach all who seek to learn of Me.
Make every moment of your life an outpouring of love.
Use every moment to think the highest thought, say the highest word, do the highest deed. In this, glorify your Holy Self, and thus too, glorify Me.
Bring peace to the Earth by bringing peace to all those whose lives you touch. Be peace. Feel and express in every moment your Divine Connection with the All, and with every person, place, and thing.
Embrace every circumstance, own every fault, share every joy, contemplate every mystery, walk in every man’s shoes, forgive every offense (including your own), heal every heart, honor every person’s truth, adore every person’s God, protect every person’s rights, preserve every person’s dignity, promote every person’s interests, provide every person’s needs, presume every person’s holiness, present every person’s greatest gifts, produce every person’s blessing, pronounce every person’s future secure in the assured love of God.
Be a living, breathing example of the Highest Truth that resides within you. Speak humbly of yourself, lest someone mistake your Highest Truth for boast. Speak softly, lest someone think you are merely calling for attention. Speak gently, that all might know of Love. Speak openly, lest someone think you have something to hide. Speak candidly, so you cannot be mistaken. Speak often, so that your word may truly go forth. Speak respectfully, that no one be dishonored. Speak lovingly, that every syllable may heal. Speak of Me with every utterance. Make of your life a gift. Remember always, you are the gift!
Be a gift to everyone who enters your life, and to everyone whose life you enter. Be careful not to enter another’s life if you cannot be a gift. (You can always be a gift, because you always are the gift—yet sometimes you don’t let yourself know that.) When someone enters your life unexpectedly, look for the gift that person has come to receive from you…I HAVE SENT YOU NOTHING BUT ANGELS.”
205 likes
“Start telling the truth now and never stop. Begin by telling the truth to yourself about yourself. Then tell the truth to yourself about someone else. Then tell the truth about yourself to another. Then tell the truth about another to that other. Finally, tell the truth to everyone about everything. These are the 5 levels of truth telling. This is the five-fold path to freedom.” 67 likes