Start by marking “Conversations with God Book 2: An Uncommon Dialogue” as Want to Read:
Conversations with God Book 2: An Uncommon Dialogue

Conversations with God Book 2: An Uncommon Dialogue

(Conversations with God #2)

Part of Conversations with God series, this work covers global topics of geopolitical and metaphysical life on the planet, and the challenges facing the world.
Paperback
Published July 1st 1999 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Conversations with God Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conversations with God Book 2

Start your review of Conversations with God Book 2: An Uncommon Dialogue
Ahmad Sharabiani
Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 2) (1997), Neale Donald Walsch
Conversations with God (CwG) is a sequence of books written by Neale Donald Walsch. It was written as a dialogue in which Walsch asks questions and God answers. The first book of the Conversations with God series, Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue, was published in 1995 and became a publishing phenomenon, staying on the New York Times Best-Sellers List for 137 weeks. The succeeding volumes in the
Gil
Sep 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the truly open-minded
It doesn't matter whether you truly think the author conversed with God or whether he made the whole thing up (who's to say?), the spiritual insights into the everyday and commentary of what we have turned religion into are worth the read.
Suzy Atkin
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has read book 1 and liked/appreciated that
I can see how devoted Christians could find this book offensive as there are a few times quoted that 'following religion makes you good at obeying, not any closer to God', people might find this hard to swallow considering you have 'rules/commandments' to follow as Christians and also that there are no bad apples, just people who have different views of the world. After studying sociology the messages in this match a lot of what I learned at university. I love how the series gets more in depth ...more
Steve
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whether you believe what happened to Neale Donald Walsche or not, it is a fascinating read and puts a new, refreshing view on spirituality.
Mεδ Rεδħα
Humanity has finally reached the point where it will have to make choices. It can either move forward by building a future focused on peace and harmony, or remain in a world of conflict. This book gives us the tools we need to move forward, pull us out of despair and, most importantly, give us the opportunity to rise to the grandest expression of who we are.

Your soul does not care what you do to make a living - and when your life is over, you will not care either. What counts for your soul is
Ella Roberts
These books (Conversations With God 1, 2, 3) are the books that got me into spirituality, and that was the doorway to becoming me! I was fascinated by this series and felt a connection I had never felt to anything or anyone before. As a teenager who was at the time, looking for something to connect to this series of books really helped me!
Heidi The Reader
Book 1 was more enjoyable than Book 2. The first one dealt with individual consciousness while this one jumped into world issues. It's much easier to shift your own world view than it is to encourage other people to do the same. At least, I think so.

What I took from Conversations with God, either book really, is to find your truth and live it. Understand that there are ways to talk to yourself and others that serve you and ways that do not. But, nobody is going to stand in judgment on you if you
Iona  Stewart
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the other volumes, this is a great book.

I’ll just cite or comment on a few interesting or controversial things God says.

God tells us that we “have always been, are now, and always will be”. He created everything and all of us “ALL AT ONCE, and All of It exists right now”. The concept of old souls has nothing to do with these actually being “older” than others. It has to do with the level of awareness of a particular soul.

We are all parts of What Is. “Each part has the consciousness of the
Toby
Sharon
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2018
The conversation continues in book two only this time God has moved on to matters on a more global scale. He details his observations on how we as a planet could unify and make the world a much better place to live with the haves and the have-nots being brought closer together.

Whilst there are many themes explored that will make a lot of people scream NO in the loudest voice possible when you sit back and think on the ideas and observations made it does make a lot of sense. I have been thinking
R.B. Aiken
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy of books was pivotal for understanding that the universe really is non-judgemental. Meaning that you truly can "Ask And You Shall Receive".

i dont know weather Neale Donald Walsch was actually conversing with God, or just talking to himself. To me it doesn't matter because the insights he reveals are truly amazing!

One of the best books ive read!
Bogdan Corduneanu
Mar 27, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Crappy, communist, overly simplistic and a shi!!y experience to read kind of book.
Casey
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After all these thousands years of human history, the fact is, we have barely evolved at all. We still operate in a primitive "every man for himself" mentality-/ we plunder the earth, rape her resources, exploit her people, disenfranchise those who disagree with us for doing all of this. We have developed a lifestyle that is so selfish we cannot maintain it any other way--we must cut down millions of acres of trees, we must destroy miles of our protective ozone layer, we must pollute our rivers ...more
Sonia189
Interesting ideas, concepts.
It's been around 16 years since I've read the first volume, which did mean something to me at the time.
However, I feel this one was repetitive and had several contradictions, for instance (view spoiler)...

It was also too focused on the US reality. Convenient the author is from
Betty
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 picks up from book 1. This series of book (1,2,&3)will definitely shift your perspective on God...unless it don't :-)
Igor Stojanov
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an enjoyable read but less so than Book 1. The main reason for this is because Book 2 fails to accept reality as it is, and attempts to change it. If fails to accept others as they are, and says they are imperfect in their current ways. But a change in collective consciousness cannot be achieved without a change in individual consciousness, for the individual creates the collective. For this reason, I recommend Book 1 over Book 2.

This book collects some very insightful nuggets of wisdom.
Natalia
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I loved it as much as I loved the first one, I even teared up a little bit at the end. I think what I love about these books is that they make me feel not alone and this God that speaks in these books is the type of God or Higher Power I always pictured as a little kid. It makes you think, gives you free-will, it makes observations and allows you to make up your mind if you agree with it or not, I love that!
I can't wait to read the next book.
Jonathan Ferrara
***Spolier Alert***

This book was excellent. It teaches you to embrace everything good in the world.

The first book in the series focused on individual consciousness, the second global consciousness. The book brings up very good points. Neale and God go back and forth discussing all of our global crisis. which really makes for an interesting read. I promise you, you won't be bored. A New World order is mentioned, as well as the poor, the hungry, and the homeless. They dive into deep issues
Shikha rawal
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hope this book chooses everyone. I hope everyone can atleast resonate with the words in this book- for they contain innate wisdom in themselves - wisdom of love and life, of God and time, of space and everything beyond, of man and woman and the relationship with all the multitude of beings on earth, of past and future, of everything being in the now- of consciousness and paradigm shift, of there nothing in the universe existing which has not existed already and of free will and unconditional ...more
Edith Gonzalez
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's something about this book that really resonates with me. It's quantum physics, new age spirituality, philosophical jabber all in one. You have ti have a certain level of understanding, a feeling I would say to appreciate the genius that is this book. Walsch himself is a skeptic, he questions himself and God throughout the book. This book talks about religion, sexuality, spirituality, politics, world hunger, war, heaven. hell, theology, Hitler, corruption. There is no subjects that is off ...more
Ann444
Jul 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If the author really believed he was talking to God why would he haggle over every little thing? This author has been caught in lies, do a search. I was really turned off when, in his second book, he told us that George H Bush was a great humanitarian. How can one converse with all that is and not be in awe?
Devon Pelto
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book offers amazing perspectives and questions on life and humanity. It's just as good as book 1, but on global matter instead of personal. The examples of enlightened societies makes me want to start building community now! Who's in?!
Fusun Dulger charles
We all talk with God, but Mr. Walsh, talks and gets a response. Deep but at the same time entertaining, it is a page turner.
It also makes you aware of the mistakes we make about God.
Different form of prayer, more direct, more humane and more realistic.
Great book, that I strongly recommend.
Kylie Cantwell
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who are not convinced about God, but who are open to religion
This book provides a different view of Christianity and God's relationship with us. It suggests the Bible and key religious texts of other faiths as guides which have been human interpretations of how to live, but takes concepts further by showing how close we can be to God.
Jaclynz
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book opened my life to new possibilities and the fact that we are love. Highly recommend. In fact, i try to use a lot of this in my daily life and really feel that this book could change the world.
Jerry Travis
Nov 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: outside-the-box
A good discussion of politics, the world as it ought to be and how we may be able to get there. As in the first book, there are a few things that are a little difficult to swallow, but not many.
Rana
Mar 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but I have put it on the shelf for now as I wasn't ready to continue with reading about politics. Will get back to that part when it's time for me. Still a great book.
Tony Jarman
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is life changing..its speaks to your soul, and from the dephts of your soul you know that you are now having a conversation with God.
Maggie
Apr 11, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didnt enjoy this one. The first book had some merit but this one lost me.
Tatum
Jun 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank GOD for these books. They change me in ways no other book, or series of books, ever could. For them, I am grateful.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
  • Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship --Toltec Wisdom Book
  • A Course in Miracles
  • Soul Stories
  • A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
Neale Donald Walsch is a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before beginning his now famous conversation with God. His With God series of books has been translated ...more

Conversations with God (4 books)
  • Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 3
  • Conversations with God, Book 4: Awaken the Species
“Be a light unto the world, and hurt it not. Seek to build not destroy. Bring My people home.

How?

By your shining example. Seek only Godliness. Speak only in truthfulness. Act only in love.
Live the Law of Love now and forever more. Give everything require nothing.
Avoid the mundane.
Do not accept the unacceptable.
Teach all who seek to learn of Me.
Make every moment of your life an outpouring of love.
Use every moment to think the highest thought, say the highest word, do the highest deed. In this, glorify your Holy Self, and thus too, glorify Me.
Bring peace to the Earth by bringing peace to all those whose lives you touch. Be peace. Feel and express in every moment your Divine Connection with the All, and with every person, place, and thing.
Embrace every circumstance, own every fault, share every joy, contemplate every mystery, walk in every man’s shoes, forgive every offense (including your own), heal every heart, honor every person’s truth, adore every person’s God, protect every person’s rights, preserve every person’s dignity, promote every person’s interests, provide every person’s needs, presume every person’s holiness, present every person’s greatest gifts, produce every person’s blessing, pronounce every person’s future secure in the assured love of God.
Be a living, breathing example of the Highest Truth that resides within you. Speak humbly of yourself, lest someone mistake your Highest Truth for boast. Speak softly, lest someone think you are merely calling for attention. Speak gently, that all might know of Love. Speak openly, lest someone think you have something to hide. Speak candidly, so you cannot be mistaken. Speak often, so that your word may truly go forth. Speak respectfully, that no one be dishonored. Speak lovingly, that every syllable may heal. Speak of Me with every utterance. Make of your life a gift. Remember always, you are the gift!
Be a gift to everyone who enters your life, and to everyone whose life you enter. Be careful not to enter another’s life if you cannot be a gift. (You can always be a gift, because you always are the gift—yet sometimes you don’t let yourself know that.) When someone enters your life unexpectedly, look for the gift that person has come to receive from you…I HAVE SENT YOU NOTHING BUT ANGELS.”
232 likes
“Start telling the truth now and never stop. Begin by telling the truth to yourself about yourself. Then tell the truth to yourself about someone else. Then tell the truth about yourself to another. Then tell the truth about another to that other. Finally, tell the truth to everyone about everything. These are the 5 levels of truth telling. This is the five-fold path to freedom.” 79 likes