Start by marking “The Last To Die - Dendam Cinta Masa Lalu (Cherokee Pointe Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Last To Die - Dendam Cinta Masa Lalu (Cherokee Pointe Trilogy, #2)

The Last To Die - Dendam Cinta Masa Lalu (Cherokee Pointe Trilogy #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,443 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Cherokee Pointe, Tennessee, digemparkan oleh tiga pembunuhan sadis dan kali ini korbannya laki-laki. Ketiganya ditemukan dalam keadaan telanjang dengan seluruh badan penuh luka bakar dan tusukan. Salah satu korbannya adalah Jamie Upton, seorang laki-laki hidung belang pewaris tunggal kekayaan keluarga Upton.

Jazzy Talbot, mantan kekasih Jamie, menjadi tersangka utama karena
Published 2010 by Dastan Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Last To Die - Dendam Cinta Masa Lalu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last To Die - Dendam Cinta Masa Lalu

Christa
Aug 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksfree-com
Although I enjoyed this 2nd book in the Cherokee Pointe Trilogy, I did not like it as much as the first one. I liked the characters of Jazzy and Caleb, but I didn't feel confident at the end of the book that all of the issues between them had been settled. That may come in the third book of the trilogy, but this book just didn't have enough resolution between the hero and heroine to satisfy me.

Jasmine "Jazzy" Talbot spent many years loving wastrel Jamie Upton, and he has broken her heart many t
Siobhan
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m going to be honest and say that the writing style of the book took me some time to get used to. That being said, it was not badly written, I think it was just because of the massive difference in style between the book I came from and this one. Even with that, it didn’t take me long at all to become truly gripped in the story.

Following the brutal death of the soon-to-be-married town player, fingers are pointed in the direction of one of his exes who has been known to threaten him on more tha
Wenny Widjaja
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Sebenernya ceritanya bagus sih, tp entah kenapa, para penjahat di buku BB yang sudah beberapa saya baca, mereka adalah orang2 yang peranannya dikit bangetttt, kalo dibilang pembunuhnya ga tebak, ya memang ga ketebak..., wong si pembunuh hampir ga muncul dicerita dan ga berinteraksi dengan tokoh2 utamanya. Twist2nya memang dapet banget tapi agak ga masuk akal juga sih, agak terlalu maksa kalo saya bilang walaupun cara pembunuhannya kejem disini, kesian juga sih sama Jamie. Senakal2nya manusia hid ...more
Sarah-Louise Kelly
I enjoyed this book and found it to be quite gripping. It's the first crime/mystery book I've ever read really so it was a good one to start with. Wasn't overly impressed with the writing style but that's just personal taste.
I'd recommend it to anybody.
Mayda AF
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was neatly written. I enjoyed reading this book.
For me though, this is erotica first, mystery the next. Usually I'm not very fond of the genre, but hey I only borrowed someone else's so that's it.
Turned out the book was good. Not a masterpiece of course, but enough to keep you entertained for hours.
Read it. It's worth it.
DLS
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A weird mix of thriller, mystery and a slight paranormal lilt. Jazzy is constantly being suckered by her "relationship" with Jamie Upton, a socialite and all round rotten person. When he turns up brutally murdered, it's up to the town psychic, sheriff and police chief to prove her innocence.
Melissa Potter
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was an easy read. I couldn't put it down because I couldn't wait to see what happened next.
Judy Morris
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Beverly Barton books. She writes a very mystery story .
Andrew Carter
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story with a surprise ending. Easy read.
Netha
Sep 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense-romance
cherokee point digegerka oleh kematian jamie upton, the heir of upton empire.
jamie, tampan kaya & memiliki segalanya. kekasih high school jazzy namun tidak berlanjut karena neneknya, reba upton tidak menyukai jazzy yg terkenal liar & miskin.
mungkin hanya menikah dengan jazzy lah satu2nya hal yg tidak pernah bisa dimiliki oleh jamie.

jamie ditemukan tewas telanjang dengan bekas sundutan & ups alat kelaminnya tidak ada :p
kematian jamie membuat jazzy menjadi tersangka utama.
sudah menjad
Bizzy Day
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-crime
It was ok... The narrative lacked any real depth, the characters were not fully formed... There were lots of opportunities to develop the story line and lots of questions were posed but none were really explored or answered.

The Jazzy's sister storyline was a bit pointless. I didn't believe for one second she was the murderess, it was implied she could have been but the author made it obvious from the beginning that she wasn't. Genny and her visions was really an unnecessary cheesey addition. I
Bark
Jan 05, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
This book tells the story of Jasmine "Jazzy" Talbot. She was your typical, rough-around-the-edges girl from the wrong side of the tracks but possessed a startling beauty that attracted the town's biggest heart breaker Jamie Upton. When Jazzy was younger she succumbed to Jamie's charm but as she grew wiser she realized he'd never offer her marriage and security because, well, then he'd lose his inheritance and he's too much of a greedy louse to turn his back on millions for the love of his life. ...more
Donna
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Sexy Jazzy Talbot comes from the wrong side of the tracks but she's made something of herself by owning a restaurant and a bar in Cherokee Point, Tennessee. She's also finally gotten over Jamie Upton, grandson of the town's millionaire Upton family. Playboy Jamie will be getting married in a couple of weeks but that hasn't slowed the irresponsible hound dog down. But he hooked up with the wrong woman, who tortures and kills him, then tries to lay the blame on Jazzy. Jazzy is also tryi ...more
Lorie
Nov 23, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one!
This book was all wrong. The characters were over the top and unbelievable, not real people, but characterizations of such (the dumb blonde naive fiancee, the womanizing man she loves, the white trash slut but nice woman, the uppity snob rich girl, the brawny bouncer, the sexy Native merican cop, etc....), and they were all one dimensional and flat. There was not a likable one in the whole bunch, and there were way too many characters introduced way too quickly. The prejudices expressed in gener ...more
Holly
I really don't know how many times I've read this book, but I love it. I just reread it again and I can't help but love the dynamic characters. Jazzy's got some fire in her, which I like. But no one tops Caleb McCord. He's the kind of guy that could make any woman swoon. Tough, protective, sensitive, good looking. The man has it all.

And I admit, when I reread Barton's books, I read for the romance and not the mystery. The mystery is amazing too, but I already know how it ends, so why read throug
VLynch
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book right after finishing The Fifth Victim by Beverly Barton, I really like the cast of characters in these stories. This was about a sleazy bad boy who is murdered, he seems to be able to wrap woman around his little finger and yet treat them like garbage. Jazzy is suspected of murdering him, with good reason if you ask me! :) Beverly Barton has a wonderful way of introducing characters and with each book you get to learn more and more about the characters in this small town who se ...more
Kathrynn
After reading book #1 in this trilogy, I was looking forward to reading book #2 (this one). What a dissappointment. The characters were horrible--all of them!!! Not one likeable character. Snobby, slutty, lots of affairs, mistresses. The suspense was awful. There were a few shocking scenes that didn't seem appropriate in the book. The transition between scenes was HORRIBLE.

And, my personal pet peeve, a tremendous amount of repetition. UGH!!!! Read a scene, they talk about the scene, then talk a
Mirella Grace
Dec 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sumpah, sama bagusnya sama cerita sebelumnya... Udah nyadar sih, si pembunuhnya adalah pengunjung restoran Jasmine's. Yang bikin penasaran, ya, siapa sebenarnya ni cewek kan... Mulai ketauan siapa si pembunuh ya pas di bab 25...

Jazzy Talbot... lagi lagi mengingatkanku akan tempat terakhir daku bekerja... garment merk Talbots, with their motto "Always Classic".. Btw, emang udah takdirnya Jazzy dah, gak bisa jauh dari the Upton family. Gak ada Jamie, ya jodohnya emang Caleb...

Penasaran abis ama ce
Alice Hudson
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I must say I enjoyed this. It sucked me in from the start because it's got a good back story between the relationships of the characters. Genny was a good twist to this sort of genre, not just all detective work here which was nice. It kept me on my toes, I was constantly thinking I had cracked the case when I hadn't. The last few chapters felt a bit rushed though which is a shame because some more build up would have been nice. Also worth pointing out it is very graphic, not just gory but ...more
Dessy
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
bgus kyakny nih,dari baca prologny aja lgsung suka,,, novel berverly barton rata" bgus critany, gk membosankan, bikin penasaran siapa pembunuhny:)
prolog :pria itu hrus mati! bkn keinginanny u/ mbunuh pria itu, pria itu mbuatny tdk pny pilihan lain.. Pria itu trburuk, pngecut & lemah, perbuatanny akan myakiti org lain. Pria itu menikmati kebejatanny yg slalu menghantui sbgn besar pria & wanita.
Ia tdk akn lgsg mbunuhny. Mati dng cpt trlalu bgus untkny. Pria itu hrus mati perlahan", trsiksa
Jay Jessmer
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best thrillers I've read in a while, and by far the best I've read from Ms. Barton. Fast-pacing, crisp dialogue, a better than average plotline and enough red-herrings to keep your mind trying to race ahead. I couldn't stop reading this because I was so caught up in finding out the ending, a sure sign of a top rate thriller. FYI...I recommend reading "The Last Victim" before this one. Although not necessarily a prequel, it does feature most of the cast of characters and will give you ...more
nur'aini  tri wahyuni
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
haduuu, mbak Beverly ini sukses biking saya jatuh cinta sama tulisannya.

suka gimana dia menjabarkan pembunuhan dengan detail ((yaa ampun)). trus gimana karakter Jazzy sebagai seorang perempuan cantik yg sebenerya ga ganjen tapi emang rada centil, plus gue ga ngerti kenapa sik tokoh utama cowok di novelnovel romsus itu selalu kepengen dikarungin buat jadi milik sendiri? huhuhuhu.

suka juga gimana Beverly membuat akhir yang indah tapi ujungnya, "sampis. apaan, nih. setelah begadang di malam pergan
Irene J.
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Agak salah sih ya, gue baca buku ini setelah baca trilogi ketiganya. Jadinya ada beberapa bagian yang harusnya seru jadi kurang seru karena gue udah tau duluan siapa karakter itu dan bahwa dia bukan pembunuhnya hehe...

Sebenernya gue bukan penggemar romance suspense sih, tapi untungnya bagian romance di novel in ngga lebay-lebay amat, jadi masih bisa fokus ke bagian murdernya. Agak nggak disangka-sangka juga nih jalan ceritanya, jadi menarik lah buat ngisi waktu baca...
nila
Aug 29, 2012 rated it liked it

Buku pertama Baverly Barton yang saya baca, walaupun ini buku kedua dari Trilogi Cherokee Pointe.

Jamie Upton yang banyak menyakiti orang karena sifat egoisnya, ditemukan terbunuh. Ada banyak kemungkinan tersangka - terlalu banyak menuruku - dengan motif yang hampir sama, sakit hati karena dipermainkan dan dikecewakan oleh Jamie, sang playboy.

Oh ya, ada seorang Paranormal yang sepertinya merupakan kunci di seri ini.
Novee
Kasusnya seru dan lebih menegangkan dari buku #1 Cherokee Point, The Fifth Victim. pelakunya jg ga ketebak.
Tadinya mo ngasih 5 bintang, tp ga jadi karena love storyna kurang menyentuh. ga begitu merasakan chemistry antara Caleb & Jazzy..
Malah persahabatan Genny_Jazzy_Jacob yang lebih menyentuh (:

♥ Nell ♥
This is the second in the Cherokee Pointe Trilogy, but third in the Griffin Powell series. This book has the first mention of Griffin Powell, which struck me as a bit strange.
Overall, I liked this book but, the romance bit ended badly for me. Hopefully Ms. Barton completes Caleb & Jazzy's love life to satisfaction in the next book.
Darlene
This was suspenseful. So much so I could have gotten fired for reading when I should have been working. I am impressed with the cadence of the story. It goes on and on building to a wondrous crescendo. I have moved on to the 3rd book in the series GOOD AS DEAD. I think LAST TO DIE will be a tough act to follow.
Connie
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2nd in Cherokee Pointe series. This one was about Jazzy and Caleb and someone killed Jamie Upton because he had hurt his finance. It turns out it was her real CRAZY mother that escaped from a mental hospital. Also, Caleb is Big Jim's and Miss Reba's grandson. Not sure if Jazzy and Caleb will be able to get in good with Miss Reba or not. Big Jim seems to like both of them though.
Sandra Knapp
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a bit nasty, but told well enough that it kept me involved and reading. I was very disappointed to be left hanging at the end, concerning the main characters. That's when I realized it was part of a trilogy. I don't mind trilogies, but they can finish one story before they go on to another, IMO.
  • Merciless (Senseless, #2)
  • Waking Evil (Mindhunters, #2)
  • The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
  • Dead Even (Dead #3; John Mancini #5)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes
  • Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4; Chicago, #3)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • Cold Pursuit (Black Falls, #1)
Beverly Marie Inman was born on 23 December 1946 in Tuscumbia, Alabama, USA. Daughter of Doris Marie and Walter D. Inman Jr. A born romantic, she fell in love with The Beauty and the Beast epic at an early age, when her grandfather bought her an illustrated copy of the famous fairy tale. Even before she learned to read and write, her vivid imagination created magical words and fabulous characters ...more
More about Beverly Barton

Cherokee Pointe Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Fifth Victim (Griffin Powell, #2)
  • As Good As Dead (Griffin Powell, #4)

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99