Start by marking “The Stanley Park Companion” as Want to Read:
The Stanley Park Companion

The Stanley Park Companion

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
In The Stanley Park Companion Paul Grant and Laurie Dickson have combined social and natural history--memorabilia, photographs, illustrations, maps, drawings, anecdotes and remembrances--to reveal the many surprises tourists and hometown visitors can find in this thousand-acre sanctuary. From Easter Be-ins and Theatre Under the Stars to poet Pauline Johnson and lifeguard J ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Nightwood Editions

To ask other readers questions about The Stanley Park Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stanley Park Companion

Kathryn Lindsay
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I've visited Stanley Park about 6 times since I've been in Vancouver and wanted to learn more about it, so I borrowed this book from the Vancouver Public Library. This book has given me lots of ideas for activities for future visits and pointed out lots of things in the park that I had previously missed or wondered about. It also covers the history of the park and has lots of interesting photos. It is a nice book to read by the fire on a rainy afternoon.
Rob
Mar 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: photography
Great history of the park, includes two of my photos.
Sandra
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Interesting guidebook telling lore, floral and fauna of Stanley Park in Vancouver, British Columbia. Made me realize I want to see the rest of the park. Great overview of all there is to see.
Stanley Lee