Start by marking “The Third Form at St. Clare's” as Want to Read:
The Third Form at St. Clare's

The Third Form at St. Clare's

(St. Clare's #7)

Based upon, and continuing Enid Blyton's St. Clare's series. The holidays are over and twins Pat and Isabel O'Sullivan are dying to get back to school. The big question on everybody's lips is, who will be head girl? But a terrible accident and an hilarious school play show the true leaders in the third form, but they also show up the cheats and cowards.
Paperback
Published August 1st 2005 by Egmont Books (UK) (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Third Form at St. Clare's, please sign up.
Maryam 9+ Because it says that on the box set. But i recommend it for any age.
Maryam Really nice! Not "nice" love it!

Rosanna Threakall
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
My fav of the series so far!
Kavita
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
It's official now - I am binging on this series! The Third Form at St. Clare's was not in the original St. Clare's series by Enid Blyton. It was later included along with two other books in the series in 2000 and is written by Pamela Cox. I rather liked Cox's Malory Towers continuation, but I don't think she is at her best with the St. Clare's books.

Carlotta is given the chance to be the head girl of the form in this book, and I really liked the idea. Unfortunately, Cox is unable to do this
Kelly
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actual rating- 4.5 stars.

I'm not sure if this was the first book Pamela Cox wrote for the additions of Enid Blyton's school series', because there are some things at the start that make it obviously different but it's still enjoyable. I do prefer the sixth form book she wrote for St Clare's (though the next one is pretty enjoyable from what I remember), along with the additional Malory Towers books.
Having said that, I'm not sure why the third form book(s) wasn't part of the original series, so
Nira Ramachandran
This is the first time I've read an Enid Blyton authored by someone else. I must admit to a certain reluctance-reading the first few pages alone, any avid Blyton fan would know that this was not a genuine product. Later, however, the pace picked up and I quite enjoyed the book. You can, of course, spot the differences, as for example, there is very little reference to lessons or the schoolroom-most of the action is centred on the pranks devised by the second and third formers. But all in all, no ...more
Sonam  Puri
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Awesome children's book...
One of my best friend Sanil Khanna gave me to read it...I was quite surprised that he was reading a children's book at the age of 23 but when I started to read it...I finished it in just a day!!!
Girls have always been the way they are at any age!

Jealously and companionship are two elements of any friendship a girl has. Interesting story.
Julia Rainbird
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is simply amazing. I really envy the girls at St.Clare as they are extremely lucky for having good friends and headmistresses. The book beautifully captures the varying moods of girls in situations. A must read book for only and pampered children.
Clare
Listened to in audio format.

The Third Form at St Clare`s was written by Pamela Cox based on Enid Blyton`s original series. I don't know if Enid Blyton ever wrote about Pat and Isobel`s third year at St Clare`s, but when I saw this book I thought I would give it a try.

The author mostly kept true to Enid Blyton`s strong moral values. However I think the scene when Fern humiliated Rachel in the dress rehearsal was pure malice and Enid Blyton`s books were never like that. ...more
Bruce Gargoyle
Ten Second Synopsis:
A new year means a new head girl, while some new students rock the boat vying for Alison's friendship. Can the girls overcome their differences long enough to put on a spectacular play for the end of term?

Sounds like a typical Enid Blyton adventure, right? Well, my friend, I thought so too. But herein lies the confusion. This title is, in fact, NOT part of the original series, but an add-on penned by Pamela Cox as a way to flesh out the original Blyton serie
Avi
Oct 17, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of all of the St. Clare's books, I thought that this one gave the most insight on the boarding school. The change in authors was executed well and I had found myself excited for the rest of the books.
Maryam
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deb Sharp
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun book for young ladies to read
Ellena Laurenzia
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, shelf-23
The stories from the St. Clare's is something fascinating, it is not very different from Malory Towers but it most certainly has twists in it that I personally enjoy.
Sally
Not a bad book, though lacks the charm of the original series. Still, an interesting fill-in of one of the missing years.
Anna
Jan 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Such fun, makes me want to go to boarding school & have midnight feasts, even though I'm 40 & a mum myself.
Bianca Moreira
WARNING, THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!
This book was enjoyable, however the beginning was extremely boring for me. There were more exciting events and I certainly hope that it keeps getting better in the following books.
As you may have seen in my last review I sincerely thought Alice was going to change and be mature. However, as I’ve seen in this book, she continues to be the same old Alice, which deeply disappointed me. It seems like in this series people only change once, some not e
X
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Megan
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed this installment of the series quite a lot.
Tanya Rashid
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Read St. Clare's as a child and now my 8 year old is reading them. This book was really good as are all the books. Recommend the book.
Tammie
I have to say I rather enjoyed this book and I got through it very fast. I'm certain that if I hadn't of taken a little break in the middle I would have finished it within one sitting.

As I mentioned in my review for the previous book, one thing that Enid does tremendously well is characters. The characters she creates in each and ever single book are enjoyable to read about to say the least. In this particular book (like most others) she introduced new characters one of which was Fern. As a per
Manasa Ganesh
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
the story is extremely good and i really feel happy that i have read the book. the contents have extremely good events and i think they are great.its about a boarding school....and friends over there.its a typical friendship kind of story.
Ananya Kuttikkad
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ela-1-2
This book is about a boarding school in England a long time ago, and about the lives of the girls there. I read this when I was younger, and I just wanted to reread it, so I did. The thing I really like about this book is that it makes me want to go to a boarding school in England. Things are much different than they are here, and school seems a lot more interesting and exciting there than it is here. The other thing I liked about the book is that it makes you really feel like you go to the same ...more
Lady Entropy
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
I promised myself I wouldn't be that fan. Someone writing again for St. Clare's is awesome, no matter the quality. I would give Pamela Cox a chance.

But she blew it: she dropped everything that made St. Clares St. Clares, including throwing in Day students, Carlotta being allowed out of the school to go horse riding, changing people's characters, the wrong girls chosen as Head Girls, the typical language, and even a boy.

I was still trying to give them a chance, but it beca
Beth Stewart
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book has got to be my favourite so far. Simply because it is a gripping book. I couldn't put it down! The 2 new girls Libby and Fern - cousins are complete opposites. Libby is kind, friendly and warm - hearted, whereas Fern is a spiteful person. I severly dislike Fern because she turns against Carlotta and Rachel. Rachel is a new girl too! Fern wrecks the costumes for the third formers play, blames Carlotta on it and Carlotta gets knocked unconcious because of Fern. Fern and Libby both leav ...more
T.F.
Nov 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Well - it is reasonably like the usual St. Clares story though of course no one can really recreate the feel. This book really tries hard to remain consistent with the rest of the series. But somehow one can clearly feel that Pamela Cox is from a different age. She can not get into Enid Blyton's shoes and think from the age when Enid Blyton used to live. So sometimes one finds a dis synchrony - an ideas from one age introduced in a different age.
Carina
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book because it is funny, with excitement and drama. This book is about all the third-form girls at St. Clare's, and how they get through plays, tricks, flu, injuries, and horrible girls, and all the fun that comes with it. I highly recommend this book to those who have read the beginning of the series.
Meike
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2015
This is a great book.
The missing two stars are due to it not fitting in with the rest of the series so well.The biggest issue I had were the two day girls in the original series there is never a mention of day girls also I always had the feeling it wouldn't fit into the concept of the school.
Rita Apolinário
I guess the autor is running out of ideas
Arunima
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: st-clares
Just superb
Fay
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nostalgic tale that takes me back to my childhood.
Libby
Aug 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Read May 2009; reread August 2010.

• Claudine at St Clare's