Start by marking “Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire #1)” as Want to Read:
Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire #1)

Read Excerpt

Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire #1)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  874 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
This 1st edition version has been discontinued and retired.
Paperback, First Edition - Discontinued, 421 pages
Published October 14th 2010 by Rutherford Literary Group (first published September 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sunrise at Sunset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunrise at Sunset

jD
Author Jaz Primo is one of those rare male writers taking a stab at paranormal romance. I state this to say, his gender will not be taken into consideration with this review. Mr. Primo’s work will receive my honest thoughts based on the time I spent with his characters Katrina Rawlings and Caleb Taylor.

To put it mildly, the book had some problems. It reminded me of a bad one night stand where you don’t see the hump on his back until the morning light filters in the room or you reach the 27% poi
Laurie Garrison
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
Here is a different twist, the female is the vampire in the dominant lead and the male is the human as submissive partner. I found it lacking in action, the romance is there, but its more like Katrina is a mother hen that wants to protect Caleb from everything. Caleb is very submissive and as most of you know I don’t like a heroine to roll over and do what she is told to do, I like a little tension added. I liked some aspects of the story, but I found Katrina a very bland vampire with not a lot ...more
Penelope Fletcher
May 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who don't think like me
Paranormal Reads
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just love this book. A great vampire book. The lead vampire is a tough, take no crap, killing machine who does have a soft side when it comes to her mate. Thats right this vamp is a girl. She falls in love with a mild young man and does whatever she can to protect him. This is an amazing book packed with love,action and unforgettable characters. I like that it has a twist to it that makes it different from other vampire books. Definitely a must read.
Grammy 1
Dec 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Over the past year in my reviewer capacity with The Paranormal Romance Guild, I have read many vampire romances. Along with my hefty TBR pile, vampire stories run rampant in the market place. Jaz Primo’s newest novel, Sunrise at Sunset came across my desk as my last review book of 2010, and I must tell you it is no ordinary vampire story.

Our author has written a fourteen page prologue which introduces us to our story. What was that old line “you hooked me at hello?” Our prologue tells us of a fe
NisyKitty VA
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
4 and a half stars...

For me this story is the first one I've read where the female is the vampire and the male is the human, it simply was a breath of fresh air. I became entranced with the prologue, it hooks you and reels you in.
I found myself turning each page with anticipation to find out what was going to happen next. So much danger to keep you on the edge of your seat, heart throbing love, passion that'll have you all gooey inside, we also can't forget some kick ass action.

Each character h
Kitty Honeycutt
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"SUNSET AT SUNRISE" BY JAZ PRIMO

From the moment Katrina meets Caleb she felt the need to protect him. At the time he was little more than a child. Over the years she has kept tabs on him making sure his life is comfortable. She has discreetly maneuvered every aspect in order to keep him safe. After losing touch for quite a few years she can't help but seek him out again with the need to see him at least one more time and be sure that the boy that once saved her life, has become the man she alwa
Khalia Hades
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I've been reading supernatural romance for years now, and they all share a common theme - the tough guy or alpha male sweeping the girl off her feet. Sunrise at Sunset finally sets a woman in the powerful role of 'alpha'.
Sunrise also felt very real and believable to me. Where some novels seem to forget real world rules, Jaz Primo makes you believe you could be living next door to a Caleb or even a Katrina and never know it!
Finally, I really enjoyed the mix of adventure and romance in the book. T
Debra
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: To everyone
I don't know how to start. I liked this book a whole lot! It is well written and flowed so nice. The characters are wonderful,especially Kat and Caleb. Kat is a female vampire that is so in love with Caleb and he is so in love with her, but he does fear her at times. When an old enemy of Kat's appears with vengeance on her mind, Caleb is in danger and Kat is more than able to handle the problem. I can't wait for the next book!!!
The R.E.A.D. Book...: August 2018 -- Sunrise at Sunset 1 4 Jan 02, 2018 11:30AM
  • Give Me Forever (Paranormal City, #1)
  • Sorceress Awakening (Gargoyle and Sorceress, #1)
  • Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)
  • Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1)
  • Jane Carver of Waar (Jane Carver, #1)
  • The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1)
  • Carpe Noctem (Immortalis, #1)
  • Legacy of the Witch (The Portal, #0.5)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Venice Vampyr (Venice Vampyr, #1)
  • No Regrets
  • Forever Bound (Bound, #1-4)
  • Resurrection
  • Unafraid (The Forbidden Bond, #0.5)
  • The Princess' Dragon Lord
  • Alone (Serenity, #1)
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)
Jaz Primo: Delving into flights of fancy and realms of imagination; eagerly sharing with you. -- Author of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and young adult novels.

Jaz lives in the Great American Midwest where he writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and young adult literature. He’s a history aficionado, Doctor Who fanatic (Whovian!), “pun-master”, an all-around fan of vampires, and a caregiv
More about Jaz Primo...

Sunset Vampire (5 books)
  • A Bloody London Sunset (Sunset Vampire, #2)
  • Summit at Sunset (Sunset Vampire, #3)
  • Wicked Sunset (Sunset Vampire, #4)
  • Sunset Rising (Sunset Vampire #5)