Start by marking “Kiss Me Again (If We Kiss, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me Again (If We Kiss, #2)

Kiss Me Again

(If We Kiss #2)

Kiss Me Again, the sequel to Rachel Vail's beloved contemporary teen romance If We Kiss, follows Charlie (Charlotte) Collins as she struggles with her feelings for her longtime crush Kevin Lazarus after their parents marry and he becomes her stepbrother.

It was complicated enough when their parents were only dating and Kevin was going out with Charlie's best friend, Tess. N
Published December 5th 2012 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me Again, please sign up.

Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
As I began reading Kiss Me Again, I was initially highly concerned. I really liked the direction that Charlie was heading in at the end of If We Kiss. She had finally managed to make a step away from her unhealthy crush on boy-slut Kevin Lazarus, which was really good timing, too, since her mom and his dad just got married. Then, I open the next book and there she is obsessing over kissing Kevin again. Vail does, though, quickly convince me that the story is actually going where it needs to go, ...more
Antonia
Aug 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Morgan
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Full Review can be found on http://thegraduatedbookworm.blogspot.ca/

I quickly found that Joe seemed very uptight and in control, only being part of the family for a short period of time.

I think that Charlie still has issues with her father, and the fact that he basically left her and her mother for a new family, just hits you in the heart.

I really like that as soon as they are all living together, Samantha and Charlie now have this bond that is unique and a little odd at times. I still think it'
Ellen
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Forbidden crush Kevin Lazarus is now Charlotte (Charlie's) step brother, and life is very interesting, especially at breakfast when Kevin texts Charlie about the overly healthy breakfast his father prefers "ain't breakfast swell", and later after they fall asleep in Kevin's room, and wonder if they're going to be "busted". The set-up is awkward, the writing fun, and even if I have a quibble that Kevin remains a mystery, it all works, particularly when told in Charlie's hilarious voice. A winner, ...more
Dana Youst
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ashley
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't feel like there was any resolve in this story. Still just weird that they're going to keep each other a secret and I don't like how and when the story ended. Just an okay book "series."
Dark Faerie Tales
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: The aftermath of a first kiss has led to the tension leading to the next kiss.

Opening Sentence: I tried not to look at Kevin Lazarus’ lips, or remember how they tasted.

The Review:

Kiss Me Again is the sequel to Rachel Vail’s If We Kiss. There is a lot of charm in this book, mostly from the main character, but also from the scenarios that Vail writes about. Family, love, and relationships theme the pages of the book, and it was fun to read.

Aw
Michelle
Posted on Dark Faerie Tales.

Awkwardness abound as Charlie and Kevin are now stepsiblings. After the marriage of her and Kevin’s parents, after the broken friendship between Tess and herself, and after the confusion of her relationship wi
Once Upon a Twilight
I thought this book was really good and really cute all in one. It was written really well and the way the author wrote the book was amazing because you felt like you were part of the book and that you were experiencing everything the characters went through. It was a very addicting book that I couldn't put down. I was able to finish it in a couple of days because it was a very fast moving book that kept you on your toes and kept you wondering what will happen next. It was like reading somebodie ...more
Sophie
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I want to read more books with deeper issues and thought provoking concepts. I like the idea of writing reviews on complex texts that better my understanding of the world.

Kiss Me Again is not a novel that fits that description at all. However, I enjoy allowing myself to indulge in a lighter books sometimes. This novel boils down to a young adult romance story about forbidden love. It's a plot that isn't original, let's face it. It's not new or inspiring, but I just really liked it.

Numerous sim
Lo
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 2013
3.75

This is the kind of book I am embarrassed to enjoy--especially since I'm the kind of person who enjoys "meaningful" books--so I really shouldn't be liking a book all about one girl's annoying interest in somebody she shouldn't be loving, along with other kinks in the writing such as annoying friend issues, uncanny similarities in several characters, and problems that seem way worse than they really are or should be. But the amount of awkwardness from the sexual tension in this novel made me
Sharon Mariampillai
This book is about a girl who crushes on a boy for a long time but at the end she has no chance to like him anymore but that doesn't stop Kevin or Charlie from liking each other or doing anything any further. Even though the author didn't really tell or give a background story about either Charlie or Kevin, she still give a lot of information about one another. I would recommend this book to those who like to read about romance.
Marley
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wasn't sure if this book was entirely necessary--there's been such a time difference between this book and the last one..and it shows, even in the technology used. Charlie is pretty much in the same place she was at the end of the last novel. Realistically, it doesn't seem like that kind of situation would be so easily resolved, considering they're teenagers who just recently got forced into being siblings suddenly. Especially since they like each other.
Shahnaz
Oct 07, 2013 rated it liked it
weird. again. it's not happy ending nor sad ending. if the story was about how awkward it is to have a crush with your step brother before he was even your step brother and the crushing still continued, even in the second book. weird for me. like somehow there's no story better to be told. but I admire Samantha a lot, for a nine-year-old she's very mature.
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-lit
**I would give this book a rating closer to 2.5 stars**

I enjoyed the book while I was reading it. The story was cute and there wasn't a need to focus on the story to understand what was going on. But when I finished the book and reelected on what had happened in the book, I realized that there wasn't much a plot.

- Tess and Charlie were supposedly BEST friends until Charlie kissed Kevin. Fine, okay. My issue with this friendship was Charlie seemed very dependent on Tess's opinion of her to funct
Rachael
I liked this book more than the first book. I feel like Charlie was more grown up in this book and she didn't spend the whole book complaining and pining for Kevin. I wish there was more romance, but I was satisfied by the what romance was in this book. I'm glad I decided to just finish the series right away instead of letting the 2nd book sit on my shelf due to my lack of excitement over the first book.
Eunice
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Bought this book back in 2013 or 2014 -ish without realising that this was the 2nd book in a series; so I was quite lost for a moment, but then noticed that I didn't miss much and could rather know what was going on. Maybe it is because I have out grown and somehow lost interest about the plot that I didn't really enjoyed this book. And the ending... REALLY?!
Melissa McGuire
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked the first book, and this one didn't disappoint at all. We seen Charlie evolve into her new family and learn that Tess isn't the center of everything. I hate Tess I always did. I just wish that Charlie wouldn't of cared about her and move on
Michelle
This was more frustrating than the first book. The two main characters were all over the place in terms of motivations. Maybe intentionally meant to reflect the confusion of being a 15-year-old, but it was too much whiplash for me.
Marisa
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kobo library. This was so cute I would have to categorize this a younger version than your typical YA, I mean 9th graders and all. But I must say the writing was flawless witty funny, I loved the storyline. It was a real cute and entertaining read.
Mikey Jacquez
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
My dumb self did not realize this was a sequel.... But I still read it anyways. Pretty good stuff
Rating from 0-100% 58%
Evie Kluck
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but I wish I had known it was the sequel to a different book before I started reading it.
Shawna Hufendick
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance part was well done but plot was lacking. One of those books that I enjoyed reading but there was really no plot or point when i think about it.
Alaina R
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who love romance books
Recommended to Alaina by: the librarian
My book review is on the book "Kiss Me Again". It was published on December 26, 2012. I read this book because it looked appealing to what I read normally. This book was about 14 year old Charlie. After kissing her best friends boyfriend, she is ditched by her friend Tess. She soon is refriended by Tess later in the story. Her mom and Kevin (The guy she kissed) 's dad got married. This teaches you all about family and how to respect people.
Sherry
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I thoroughly enjoyed Kiss Me Again, by Rachel Vail. Until I began reading, I didn’t realize it was book two in a series, but I don’t think my understanding of the characters or situation suffered at all from not having read book one. I truly liked the main character Charlie. She was a very well-written, believable fifteen year old with fears and urges and doubts. What I liked best about her is her ability to think things through and figure things out. It wasn’t that she never did the wrong thing ...more
Alexis
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
I really didn't care for this book. I had listened to an audiobook version of "Unfriended" also by Rachel Vail last week and enjoyed it so I decided to give reading one of hers a shot since they're pretty quick.

To be fair, this was a very quick read. Huge text on the page and small chapters. I'm definitely to old for these but I just wanted something quick and fluffy.

So, the thing I had the largest problem with was the main plot : boy and girl (Kevin and Charlie) were crushing on each other but
Bailey Burt
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I never actually read the first book. However, as someone who enjoys reading romances I really enjoyed this story. It was like a twist and turns of events that unfolded between the couple in a new situation. There was suspense where you never knew what was going to happen next with them, if they were on talking terms, or maybe if they were in love at the moment. It was a quicker read but definitely worth your time if you're looking for a semi-short, cute, and interesting romance story between hi ...more
Juliana Monroy
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it

I have been reading the book Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail. Rachel Vail was born on July 25, 1966, and she is an author who writes books primarily for children and young adults. She was born in Manhattan, New York, but grew up in New Rochelle, New York. She attended Georgetown University and also graduated from there as well.

Kiss Me Again is told from Charlie's perspective and begins on the day of the big wedding. She has spent most of her life alone with her mother, but from this day forward he
Katie Fitzgerald
Kiss Me Again is the sequel to Rachel Vail’s 2005 young adult novel, If We Kiss. Though I have read If We Kiss, it’s been a number of years, and I didn’t have the chance to re-read it before reading this second part of the story. Therefore, this review will consider Kiss Me Again on its own merits, with little reference to the first book about these characters.

Charlie (Charlotte) Collins’s mom has just gotten remarried, and now Charlie’s crush, Kevin Lazarus, is also her stepbrother. Kevin is al
Jade
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Although I was a bit disappointed about the direction this book took, it was okay.

To sum it up, this is the sequel to "If We Kiss", a novel that depicts the crazy life of 15 year old Charlie, who has started a secret romantic relationship with her step brother Kevin.

"Kiss Me Again" starts up right where we left off, with Charlie in Kevin's arms, which is pretty much the whole story. Aside from a few details such as: George is now Charlie's unofficial ex boyfriend, so he is cut from the story c
Young Adult Conte...: #15 Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail 1 11 Apr 13, 2014 09:16PM
  • Butterfly Kisses (The Butterfly Chronicles, #2)
  • The Almost Truth
  • White is for Virgins
  • Louder Than Words
  • The Things They Didn't Bury
  • Amelia O'Donohue is So Not a Virgin
  • Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
  • Who I Kissed
  • Invisible (Smith High, #2)
  • Finding You, Finding Me (You & Me Trilogy, #2)
  • Winter White (Belles, #2)
  • Just Flirt
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • Subterranean Magazine, Summer 2011
  • The Anti-Prom
  • Devoured (Cold Grove, #1)
  • Any Other Night
  • Behind the Tears (Behind the Lives, #2)
Birth
I was born on July 25, 1966, in NEW YORK CITY, and grew up in New Rochelle, NY, with my mother, my father, and my younger brother Jon. (And down the street from my future husband, though of course I didn't know that until much later.)

Interests
Some details, I do know-I was very into reading and theater, so I read every book I could get my hands on (especially realistic fiction, either contempo

If We Kiss (2 books)
  • If We Kiss (If We Kiss, #1)