Start by marking “Happy Halloween, Mittens” as Want to Read:
Happy Halloween, Mittens

Happy Halloween, Mittens

(Mittens)

Mittens the kitten wants to help Nick get ready for Halloween. But when Mittens tries to paint spooky faces, put up spooky cobwebs, and make orange cookies, he makes a mess instead! Halloween activities take center stage in this sweet beginning reader about Mittens.

This My First I Can Read Book is perfect for shared reading with toddlers and very young children. Basic lan
Published July 27th 2010 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Happy Halloween, Mittens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Halloween, Mittens

Jesse
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Mittens tries to help decorate for Halloween, with several missteps, until her specific skills are required.
Audrey
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
great book to learn reading. she likes the kitty cat and their adventures
Melissia Bruehl - Books and Sassy Lilacs
Happy Halloween Mittens by Lola M Schaefer:  Mittens wants to help decorate for Halloween but can't figure out how to help, until he helps make the ghost just perfect.  Very cute I Can Read book.
Leigh
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An adorable reader perfect for the holiday!
Heather Jo
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lily-list
Cordelia
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
this book is for babies, obviously
Jennifer Peterson
Happy Halloween, Mittens is one of many books in the Mittens series by Lola M. Schaefer. In this story, Mitten's owner, Nick, is getting ready for Halloween. Mittens wants to be a part of the excitement, but seems to only make a mess of things. After feeling like nothing more than a burden, Mittens finally finds a way to help Nick and have a Happy Halloween after all.

The basic language and word repetition in this book make it a great choice for emergent readers, grades Pre-Kindergarten to 1st.
Linda Branich
This is a Harper I Can Read! My First Shared Reading Book in the Mittens, the kitten series of books. Mittens and his human, Nick, are preparing for Halloween. Mittens tries to "help" Nick make and put up decorations and make cookies, but as you can imagine, a kitten is not much help. Finally Mittens DOES help with something and Nick is pleased and praises Mittens.

This is a cute little Halloween book for a beginning reader to read with an older sibling or adult. There are many words
jacky
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, early-reader
I happen to like Mittens better than Biscuit, but they are harder to find at the library. Read this one about Halloween to both kids. Mitten wants to help, but keeps getting in the way. Neither child had a strong reaction to it.
Sherry Thornberry
This book is about a mischievous kitten. I liked it. It reminded me of my two dogs and the things they do. One is forever eating my lunch. In the story, the kitten is just trying to help. I wonder if my dogs are just trying to help?
Sarah Adamson
A fun early reader Halloween book. Mittens causes problems as nick is trying to get ready for Halloween but his kitten isn't helping until he provides the most help of all. Fun and nice early reader book.
Rosa Cline
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween, kids, 2016, 2018
This was a cute 'my first shared Reading' book. A little kitten tries to help her little boy decorate for Halloween but she helps make a mess more than helps,... until.... she puts the best decorations on the porch.
Jaime
Cute halloween book for children!
Haydin Kurtzman
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Halloween my favorite holiday
Lareesa
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My son is learning to read. He loved this book because once I helped him through it the first time, he was able to read most of it himself. I also thought it was a cute Halloween story.
Amalia
Feb 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice next step after Biscuit. Large print and repetitive pattern to text with a interesting enough story provides nice support for early readers.
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: beginning readers
Super easy beginners book. Mittens wants to help Nick with Halloween decorations. A cute story follows about all the things Nick does to decorate and all the way Mittens tries to help.
Cassie McCown
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for early readers. Mittens is a favorite in our home! :-)
Andrew
Oct 22, 2018
Nico Larocco
Sep 26, 2015
Lizbeth
rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2017