Start by marking “The Perfect Princess (Men of Special Branch, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Princess (Men of Special Branch, #3)

The Perfect Princess

(Men from Special Branch #3)

Lady Rosamunde Devere has no interest in marrying dull Prince Michael, no matter how perfect the newspapers think she is for the role of his wife. But when she becomes the willing hostage of criminal Richard Maitland, ex-chief of Her Majesty's Secret Service condemned to be executed as a murderer, Rosamunde finds herself in a conspiracy--and a passion that is rash, reckles ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published October 30th 2001 by Bantam Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Princess

Desi
Leído en Junio 2014

RESUMEN: Rosamund Devere sería la princesa perfecta, según la prensa. Era hija de un duque y había tenido una educación exquisita, pero por muchas atenciones que el príncipe Michael le dispensara, ella no quería el papel de su esposa.

Rosamund no era nada convencional, y fue este simpar rasgo de su carácter lo que la llevo a acompañar a su hermana a una de sus obras de caridad; visitar a un condenado a muerte en sus últimas horas de vida.

Richard Maitland, ex-jefe de Seguridad
Heather
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very entertaining read with a feisty and beautiful heroine, a brave, sexy, dashing hero, and with a surprise ending that I didn't expect! It's well written and I will be looking for more from this author.
Gail
Very good historical romantic suspense. The hero takes the heroine hostage while he's escaping Newgate prison and can't ever find the opportunity to let her go. She's the daughter of a duke and he's the former head of the Secret Service or whatever it was called in England. Special Branch? Anyway, he was framed for a murder and is determined to find the killer. That's the plot, with the romance happening around and through it. It's good stuff. I liked it a lot.
merilie Gonzales
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Perfect Princess

A great story, plenty of intrigue, romance, and danger to keep me reading late into the night. Lots of twists and turns and loveable characters to entertain you. Loved it.
Elizabeth
Improving

The best book in the series so far. The romance is better developed and the mystery more complex. I really enjoyed this one. 3.5 stars
Faa
Jan 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I have ben avoiding this one particular book since forever. It was then buried together with my old papers back in my family ancestral home, until last two days ago when I found it back amongst dusty books and yellow papers. I bought these one in one of my beloved second-hand bookshop in Kuala Lumpur. I could always get dirt cheap books in this shop. However, with prices as low as RM2, you can't complaint on the condition of the books. Same with this one, it was torn on the very cover page and d ...more
LJ
Perfect Princess - G
Elizabeth Thornton - 3rd in series
Third in a series about fast friends who fought for England during the Napoleonic war (Whisper His Name; Princess Charming), finds Richard Maitland, the fiercely independent head of the Special Branch of British intelligence, facing a death sentence for a murder he didn't commit. Richard's carefully laid plans to escape from Newgate prison are hampered by the arrival of Lady Rosamund Devere, the genteel daughter of the Duke of Romsey, and her
LaFleurBleue
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
There were very good things: the heroine is not too bland, neither too vindictive or stupid, rather a good one. However I could not completely relate to her problem of poor little rich girl. I also had trouble to relate with the hero and his totally lonesome lifestyle. It bothered me that they both seem to hate each other so much at the beginning and then fall in love a bit effortlessly. And the story seemed a bit too long and too centered on the investigation rather than on the romance.
That wou
July
Jun 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This book started out good. It is about Lady Rosamund Devere and Richard Maitland of His Majesty's Secret service.
Richard has been sentenced to die by hanging. Rosamund's best friend Callie has talked her into going to Newgate prison to visit him. Richard escapes and takes Lady Rosamund as a hostage.
While the beginning of the book was good. Somewhere around the middle it lost ompt. I couldn't wait for it to just be over. I would have to say it was fair.
Cathy
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This was not a great book. I am not into romance very much, but picked this up somewhere. I didn't buy it, that's for sure, and I am glad I didn't spend the money. The story was long and dragged out. The plot was okay, but it was predictable. I would not recommend this.
Bibliothekerin
I liked this the best so far of this series, because both hero and heroine seemed believable. The action is non-stop, and the plot has some surprising twists--esp. at the end. The end is an absolute shocker. Definitely the best of the series so far. And at least the title makes sense this time!
Apr 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, rereads
This was a nostalgia read for me. My husband sent it to me when I was in China with a note that I was his perfect princess.
Vanessa Bergen
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
fantastic novel. everything I love in one book. very well written. too bad its the third in a series and I didnt realize til the day before. oops!
Lily R
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
really good book, not the best of its kind, though ....but still good :)
Michelle
Feb 24, 2016
Iszy
Sep 14, 2015
  • Capture the Night
  • The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)
  • Guarded Heart (Masters at Arms, #4)
  • The Music of the Night (Night, #2)
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)
  • The Devil Earl (Regency Quartet, #2)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • Never Surrender to a Scoundrel (One Scandalous Season, #3)
  • A Lady's Secret (Malloren, #8)
  • In the Thrill of the Night (Merry Widows, #1)
  • No Other Love (Lost Heirs, #3)
  • Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2)
  • The Duke in Disguise (Willow Pond, #2)
  • The Angel in My Arms (Regency Rogues, #2)
  • The Return of the Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
Mary Forrest George, née Baxter was born and educated in Aberdeen, Scotland, where she taught school for a number of years before establishing her own nursery school, St. Swithin Street Nursery School, an institution that is still going strong today.

She and her husband then emigrated to Canada with their three young sons. She taught kindergarten and Grade One for a number of years in Winnipeg, Man

Men from Special Branch (5 books)
  • Whisper His Name (Men from Special Branch, #1)
  • Princess Charming (Men from Special Branch, #2)
  • Almost a Princess (Men from Special Branch, #4)
  • Shady Lady (Men from Special Branch, #5)