Start by marking “Dead Boogie (A Loon Lake Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Dead Boogie (A Loon Lake Mystery, #7)

Dead Boogie

(A Loon Lake Mystery #7)

Just as the summer in Loon Lake is heating up, the town gets turned upside down by the bizarre triple homicide discovered on a backcountry road.
Published March 7th 2006 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Dead Boogie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Boogie

Start your review of Dead Boogie (A Loon Lake Mystery, #7)
Renee
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoy this series!
Kindle Unlimited
Bryan
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great cast of characters. The "Loon Lake Mystery series" is always a good read!
Eileen Lynx
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A yummy book
Jan 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
I love these Loon Lake mysteries because they all take place in Northern Wisconsin where my family has spent lots of time vacationing. They are a little bit silly but a fun way to spend an afternoon.
Terri
Sep 01, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
A ranger is going home on unused roads as a shortcut and finds a car that has flipped over and three dead women inside. Only it turns out the women were murdered.

I really liked the characters fo the Sherrif and Doc Osborne and this was a very quick and pleasant read
Tammy
Jul 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Good Read. Love the Wisconsin setting and the small town feel.
Doug
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love the Loon Lake books.
Kenneth Funk
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge2019
...and yet another continuity issue. In a previous book, we learn that Doc's son-in-law quit his job at the county attorney's office and went to work for a private firm. Yet in this book, the son-in-law was working at the county attorney's office. No explanation as to how he got back there. It was presented as if we already knew this.

Again, the story is interesting but continuity problems will drive you bonkers. There are at least a few in every book and you have to stop and say to your self, "
Cameron
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I think the book is boring, and they say too much that doesn't matter. They talk about details that really have nothing to do with the three dead girls. There are too many characters it's hard to know who is who. I wouldn't recommend this book to a friend. I wouldn't recommend this to a friend because there was never a point in this book where I thought, oh I want to keep reading. In a book I like when I can't put it down because I'm so into it, but this book wasn't like that.
Norma
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
The idyllic Loon Lake community is for enjoying the northwoods, fishing, and relaxing. That is until a triple homicide in a powder blue convertible is discovered on an old logging road. The town regulars, Chief Ferris, Ray Pradt, and Doc Osborne all get involved as this tragedy unfolds during a country music festival. Victoria Houston's vivid descriptions of the northwoods, lakes, fishing, and sunsets are always a pleasure to read.
S
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE this series

This author doesn't seem to need profanity or foul language to get her point across and tell the story. I'm familiar with northwest Wisconsin and northeast Minnesota, so it's like reading about the adventures of good friends. There aren't so many characters i can't keep track of them and the names are real instead of weird and confusing. The guilty parties are not predictable. I thoroughly enjoy each book.
wally
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
finished yesterday the 9th of february 2020 good read three stars i liked it kindle library loaner first from houston thought the initial murders and some of the clues found did not receive as much attention as seemed possible. boot prints...likely suspect...reader is shown these clues, suspect, but then nothing much comes of that we're on to other things. relatively big cast of characters all portrayed in their own light overall enjoyed the story.
Kokie
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick, fun read. As a resident of Wisconsin, it's always fun to read about characters that could live in my backyard, and some I'm pretty sure I've met. Another intriguing mystery with all the best Loon Lake has to offer!
Teri Pre
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Several continuity errors in this one, but still an enjoyable read.

Jody Hamilton
I generally like this series, but this book was nothing special.
Joan
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A hooker with a heart of gold dies with 2 girlfriends and all are amazed to discover that she is actually an heiress. Why did her life take the route it did?

Baglady
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: wplc-holdings
3 women die in car accident - but no, they were shot first. A prominent Chicago family involved in sexual assault of one of the women (as a child) - and other scandals. Not much fishing
Kathie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good mystery and fun to read about places I have been to as I live in Wisconsin.
Jan
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will look for more in this series
Bruce
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great one from Victoria Houston!
IslandRiverScribe
The first sentence of the first chapter just sucked me right in: “The eagle ate well that day.” Now, despite all the patriotic hoopla surrounding our national bird, an eagle is nothing but a buzzard with a Wall Street hairstyle and an Armani suit. So that one sentence told me that Victoria Houston was getting right down to the business of murder in this 7th entry in her Loon Lake series.

By the end of the first chapter, we have our body. Actually, we have three bodies, all trapped in a baby blue
Jenn C
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-2015
I am very much a read-in-order sort of person. Goes along with the OCD. ;)

I decided to read a book in Victoria Houston's "Loon Lake Fishing Mystery" series to fulfill a challenge spot. Unfortunately, the earliest in the series my library had in stock was #7. Despite my OCD-ish tendencies, I went ahead and started Dead Boogie.

What I found inside was not what I had expected from the back blurb (in a good way). One of the characters who is found dead was described as "not [being] Loon Lake's most
Julie
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Down home, backwoods mystery with lots about fishing... A car crash with three victims who are shot to death is the mystery Chief Lew & Dr. Osborne have to figure out. One of the victims is Peg Garmin--exotic dancer & hooker--who apparently has another life they discover once they start digging. Nice little mystery with likable hometown characters, but I must admit, I'm not a fisherman, so I usually skim the parts about fishing... ...more
Lorlee
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting series. Triple murder of the kindly prostitute -- It was her sister who was mad that the mother left the 48M to her sister in repayment for the husband molesting her. Lew shoots her. The husband had an affair with the dead sister which produced a given up for adoption son who inherits the whole thing.
Oct 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series by Victoria Houston. Light reads that are just perfect for a lazy summer day. You have to kind of forget that the volume of murder in these books really exceeds what you get in a small Wisconsin town - but that would be true for almost any murder mystery.
Chris Conley
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love these books. I am not an actual fisherwoman but these books make me want to put on waders and begin to learn. I love the fact that the mysteries get solved without the main characters getting beaten, shot or physically hurt. Lovely.
Roxann
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book had far more background to go through for one of the victims, but it was still a good read.
Grey853
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I like the characters, but I have to say this particular mystery was a bit too dry and dull without enough local color or development to keep my interest. It was far too predictable.
Elizabeth
Each book in series remains original and strong.
Kitty Tomlinson
May 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Three women are found dead in a crashed car. Problem is, they were dead before the crash. Good read.

• Waking Up in Charleston (The Charleston Trilogy, #3)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Chocolate Shark Shenanigans
  • Tailspinner (Frank Bennett Adirondack Mountain Mystery #6)
  • Long Range (Joe Pickett #20)
  • Bitch Creek (Stoney Calhoun #1)
  • The Cracked Spine (Scottish Bookshop Mystery, #1)
  • False Cast (Frank Bennett Adirondack Mountain Mystery #5)
  • Coffee & Corpse (Connie Cafe Mystery Series #1)
  • Beating About the Bush (Agatha Raisin, #30)
  • Invitation Only Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #26)
  • 40 Frenchie Feelgood Flirts. Ooh la la. Le Monsieur makes me blush.
  • Hid from Our Eyes (Rev. Clare Fergusson & Russ Van Alstyne Mysteries, #9)
  • The Inn at Coral Bay (Winter sisters Book 1)
  • Take the Bait (Frank Bennett Adirondack Mystery #1)
  • Dead Drift (Frank Bennett Adirondack Mystery #4)
  • A Word Behind You (Isaiah Cadre #2)
She is the author of the Loon Lake Mystery Series -- DEAD ANGLER, DEAD CREEK, DEAD WATER, DEAD FRENZY, DEAD HOT MAMA, DEAD JITTERBUG, DEAD BOOGIE, DEAD MADONNA, DEAD HOT SHOT, DEAD RENEGADE. DEAD DECEIVER, DEAD TEASE, DEAD INSIDER, DEAD HUSTLER, DEAD RAPUNZEL, DEAD LOUDMOUTH, DEAD SPIDER, DEAD FIREFLY and DEAD BIG DAWG, nineteenth in the series, which was published in June 2017 in hardcover, trade ...more

A Loon Lake Mystery (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Dead Angler (A Loon Lake Mystery, #1)
  • Dead Creek (A Loon Lake Mystery #2)
  • Dead Water (A Loon Lake Mystery, #3)
  • Dead Frenzy (A Loon Lake Mystery, #4)
  • Dead Hot Mama (A Loon Lake Mystery,#5)
  • Dead Jitterbug (A Loon Lake Mystery, #6)
  • Dead Madonna (A Loon Lake Mystery, #8)
  • Dead Hot Shot (A Loon Lake Mystery, #9)
  • Dead Renegade (A Loon Lake Mystery, #10)
  • Dead Deceiver (A Loon Lake Mystery, #11)