Start by marking “Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)” as Want to Read:
Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)

Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries #5)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  327 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Looking for the new cover? Go here!

It’s party time in Washington, D.C.! The president is planning a celebration at the Lincoln Memorial in honor of the man who sculpted the famous statue of Lincoln. But KC and Marshall notice one small problem—the left thumb has broken off the statue! Has someone stolen Lincoln’s thumb? Can KC and Marshall find it before the celebration be
Published September 2nd 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb?

Amara Tanith
Dolly
Jul 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children who are starting to read chapter books
This is a fun book in the Capital Mysteries series. We have read each one in the series to this point and have one more with us to read before we move to the area. We also plan to read the book, White House White-out, starring our old friends, Dick, Josh and Ruth Rose. Our girls are very excited about that one!

Anyway, this book was a fairly simple mystery and a quick read. It wasn't quite as far-fetched as a few of the other books, but the author certainly has a flair for drama. Our girls have e
Amy
Feb 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-sfic
Another fun read in the Capital Mysteries series -- this time the kids are after the person who broke Lincoln's thumb. Was it an accident or did somebody do it intentionally? Can they solve the case before the presentation at the Lincoln Memorial later in the day? Check out this book to see what happens!
Marlee
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was okay. Both of my children (ages 10 and 7) enjoyed it. It was fast and it was easy to read. However, my children and I both found that many of the actions of the children were inappropriate. Some of the things also seemed too far-fetched to me, though that probably wouldn't occur to young readers.
Caleb
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked it. Some national guard service people were testing the Lincoln Memorial and his thumb broke off and they thought it was someone else, but it wasn't. Until finally at the end, they got locked in the room and they had to get out by using a bunch of ladders hanging from the ceiling to get to the window and get the other people arrested.
Luke Ewell
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
There is a party in DC in honor of Chester, who sculpted Lincoln. When they go, they find out Lincoln's thumb is broken and they only have four hours to find it. They have three suspects but don't know who broke it. They get a ransom note for ten thousand dollars. Can they find the thumb before the party or not?
kristen
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Ron Roy's capital mysteries series is the perfect compliment to our 3rd grade study of national landmarks. My students can't get enough of these books which boosts class excitement about D.C.'s Memorials. Highly recommend.
Kaytee
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
KC AND MARSHALL WENT TO SEE LINCLNS STATHU BUT THEY SAW THAT HIS LEFT THUMB WAS GONE THEN THEY GOT LOCKED IN A DOOR BY THE CRIMENALS WHO TOOK THE FINGER THEN THEY GOT OUT AND THE CRIMANALS GOT ARRESTED
Sydney
Jan 13, 2004 rated it it was amazing
when the president says that he is going to throw a party he decides that he wants it at lincoln memorial then kc and mitchell see a little problem licoln's thumb is missing.
Sara
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lots of good describing details.
Elijah Libert
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a good book because it gave you like 25 people who could have done it. So this wasn't easy to solve. It was actually a mystery. I am going to give you one hint: they had a red frisbee.
Morgan
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
it was so good
Anna Mooradian
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
john
Mar 11, 2013 added it
i think is going to be interesting
Gina
Shelves: manu
I want to read the book
Payton
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Its about someone tried to sell Lincoln's thumb for money on the day where the president has to say his speach so KC and Marshall have to find the thumb before the President pays for it.
Sandybear76
a good first mysery for kids.
Johnspenser
i think is going to be cool
Andrea Labonte
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juv
Who did break Lincoln's Thumb? Just read to find out what Marshall and KC are up to in this crime action kind of book.
Arya Sabado
David Ortiz
Jan 28, 2016
Yessenia
Aug 09, 2016
  • Cam Jansen and the School Play Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #21)
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • March Of The Ankylosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #3)
  • Little Giant--Big Trouble (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #19)
  • The Peculiar Pumpkin Thief (Geronimo Stilton)
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Hamster in the Holly (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #4)
  • The Final Battle (Tales from the Odyssey, #6)
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
  • Cody (The Puppy Place, #13)
  • What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • The Secret at Jefferson's Mansion (Capital Mysteries, #11)