Start by marking “Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)

Dangerous Tides

(Drake Sisters #4)

With her sensual blend of paranormal romance and breathless suspense, New York Times bestselling author Christine Feehan boldly goes where no writer has ever gone(Publishers Weekly). Now she introduces Libby Drake, of the magical Drake sisters-each mysterious, gifted, and enchanted by prophecies of love... Dr. Libby Drake is sensible and practical. To her more adventurous ...more
Published June 27th 2006 by Jove Books

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Tides, please sign up.
Martha Oceans of Fire.

Oceans of Fire.

Alexandr Volstov is an Interpol Agent following a trail of missing Russian artifacts. He crossed paths with Abilgal (Abbey) Drake after she witnessed the murder of his partner working undercover. It took place while she was studying dolphins in the ocean near her home of Sea Haven. They met four years earlier but have been estranged,(less)

Becky
This is one of those times when I wonder to myself whether the publisher read the same book I read. Maybe there was some devious plot afoot with two stories being switched at printing, and I just got unlucky enough to get the hideous, annoying, barely literate story instead of the beautiful, interesting and readable one. I actually have doubts as to whether editors have even heard of this book. If so, the ones responsible for giving it their stamp of approval should be fired, and probably slappe ...more
Naomi
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good though I thought the ending was slightly anticlimactic
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Despite a slow start, I ended up loving this book. There was much to love in it, after all. If you read this book, hang in the past the helicopter scene, which was filled with a bit too much technical information. You might like it, but I found it was a little dry for me. Shortly thereafter, things really take off.

Ty Derrick isn't your typical hero. He is extremely intelligent. So intelligent that he isn't very good at doing the normal life kinds of things. He has poor social skills, and will sa
Susan
Dangerous Tides is book four in Christine Feehan's Drake Sisters series. The story revolves around Libby Drake and Tyson Derrick.

Libby is the confirmed "good girl" of the Drake family. Her power lies in healing others, and she has spent her professional life as Dr. Libby Drake, traveling the world with Doctors Beyond Borders, trying to help those in need.

Tyson Derrick is a brilliant biochemist working for pharmaceutical company BioLab. Spending most of his life in a lab, Ty spends his vacation
Dee
A good solid 4 Stars

Re-Read - November 2015
Originally Read - 2011
Sameen Hasan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It couldn't hold my interest for long.
Gina
Apr 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Exactly what I would have expected, just what I wanted, and exactly what I got. But then again, I've been with the Drake Sisters since the beginning, so I'm biased.

Feehan knows how to write descriptions so that a vivid picture pops into your head. I adore the banter between the sisters ~ it makes you feel close to them, as if part of the family. Libby and Ty are made for each other and balance each other very well. All the characters in the book are strong with personalities of their
Mojca
Libby Drake, fourth of the seven Drake sisters, is the compassionate one, a doctor with a heart of gold, unable to say no to anyone. She can’t seem to be able to say no even to people who are vegetating in their hospital beds, more dead than alive, with their brain resembling scrambled eggs.

Well, that’s Tyson “Ty” Derrick for you. The daredevil genius researcher slash firefighter’s harness had failed while he was trying to save a teenager, and he ended up in the hospital without hope of making i
Filipa
This is my favorite book of the series yet. I loved Tyson... he was such a great character. I loved to get to know him. The romance was perfect for these two, very well written. If only I wouldn't have guessed who the perpetrator was right in the beginning of the book... Anyway, it was a great reading for my spring break and I couldn't ask for more.
Ally
Jul 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008, ebook
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous two partly as I didn't feel you were given such a background on Libby Drake and found her character a bit lacking but still enjoyed the book.
Olivia
“Libby wants to be a bad girl,” Sarah announced.
Jonas’s eyebrow shot up. A slow smile spread across his face. “Libby, hon, there is no way you can be corrupted by the rest of your sisters. You’re just too sweet.”
Libby glared at him, totally exasperated. “I am not. Come on! You could help out a little, Jonas. I have the ability to be just as wicked as the rest of my family.”
“Hear, hear,” Elle said.
“Well said, sister.” Joley nodded her head in agreement. “Not true, but well said,” she agreed.
Kathy
Skye
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Libby is so cute and sweet. A little bit annoyingly so, but that’s mostly because I can’t imagine anyone being that naïve and sweet. At all. Ever. So it was good fun and refreshing to read a tale about someone like that. But I also occasionally wanted to reach through the pages of the book and smack her for not seeing the world clearly. Probably because I am a naturally cynical and sarcastic child who doesn’t really trust anyone…

I was honestly lucky to get some sleep last night, because I starte
Stephanie Pieck
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Hey, authors, listen up: the back cover blurb telling prospective readers what your book is about really matters. Want proof? How's this: I usually run screaming if the word "paranormal" or "romance" appears anywhere in a book description or categorization. So why exactly did I find myself reading "Dangerous Tides"? And why exactly did I keep reading until I was done? And biggest question of all: Why am I now currently devouring--yes, I really did use that word, "devouring"--another book from th ...more
audrey
Libby Drake is a renowned doctor that struggles to avoid overusing her magical healing abilities. Ty Derrick's logical mind refuses to believe in her miraculous abilities even after she saves his life. He's stubbornly determined to win her heart and drag her into reality. The closer they become the more fatal accidents and danger surrounds them. Dangerous Tides is the fourth book in the Drake Sisters series.

I had a lot fun reading Dangerous Tides. Ty was an interesting hero. I liked how his logi
Jessica
Aug 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found myself bored with Libby and Ty's story. I enjoyed the first two books more than this and ironically, the book lengths of those were considerably much shorter. Several times, I actually put the book on hold to do other things because I just needed a break from them. I didn't like Libby or Ty at all. Their characters, I just couldn't connect with them, I didn't even want to try after a while. If Libby was a nice girl, that's cool. I actually prefer those types but she was beyond nice. She ...more
Deb B
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
after a re-read of Judgement Road, and then reading the new book Vengeance Road .. I realised that two earlier series preceeded and gave great background to this one. these books have been on my tbr pile for some time and I am now kicking myself for not getting to them sooner.
again, there is a lot of violence and some major abuse triggers in many of the books particularly the Sea Haven stories but I loved every word. brilliant writing, brilliant stories and amazing characters that grab on and d
Jennifer Custer
Libby Drake, healer and doctor has watched Tyson Derrick from afar for years. Ty is a genius scientist trying to figure out what went wrong with a drug the company he works for is doing trials for. He has loved Libby since college and now plans to court and wed her. His only family, Sam, a cousin wants things to be the way they used to. Where Sam did everything for the absent minded Ty. Sam has a gambling problem and uses Ty's money to keep himself afloat from the lenders. He will do anything to ...more
Charlie Newman
Upfront, I'm not rating this three stars because romance novels are trashy and 'less good' than Salman Rushdie-- this just isn't Feehan's best work. I read Oceans of Fire from the same series a while ago and thought it was a much better book. The main characters got together way too quickly in this one, and I honestly couldn't stand the male love interest.

That said, it was still a fun read-- I wouldn't necessarily choose to read it again, but I wouldn't count it as a bad use of time.
Miche
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gail
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, library-book
The story about the Drake sister who's a doctor. I have no idea where the title came from, because the heroine's magic power is healing, not water stuff, but the ocean does play a part in the climax, and also in the opening of the story. The hero is a scientist with a superior brain who has zero social skills and manages to infuriate the heroine often. I'm amazed she doesn't actually clobber him in the course of the story. It's a good read. I liked it.
Coccibelle
It was a very annoying story. The main characters were irritating! The male lead was so full of himself because of his Nobel prize and his genius status. He was very overbearing. The female lead was supposed to be a very smart doctor but it did not lived up to my expectations. It was very long with such a slow pacing. It was not that enjoyable. It was a little bit a waist of time. I read the 4 first chapters and then skip right through the last chapter.
Alicia
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Christine Feehan and I not only enjoyed her style/storytelling I Fell in love with the Drake sisters (even though it’s a series it can be enjoyed as a stand-alone). It was full of drama & suspense, love and laughter. I look forward to checking out more of her books and definitely more of the Drake Sisters
Jamie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feehan
I loved Ty and Libby!!
I enjoyed how we see Ty become more involved with life...
My favorite so far..
My only criticism is why don't we see more from the sisters leading men. It's like they disappear after their story is told... I miss seeing them continuing to interact with the sisters and becoming family!!!
Ana
Jul 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There were so much 'As you know, Bob' conversations that my eyes started glazing over everytime a character started speaking. The exposition was tedious, clunky, and too long. It felt like the story would never actually begin. DNF.
Bethany
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches
Excellent read!
Christine Chesters
What a cliffhanger! I cannot wait for the weddings!
D²
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wendy Mills
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong female characters. Alpha males. Well written plot. Spicy scenes between them.
Roxx
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I could not get into this. I didn’t really care for anyone. I liked seeing Hannah and Jonas’ relationship develop. Things were not wrapped up neatly.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Can you add the pg no? 3 11 Feb 28, 2019 10:25PM

• Dark Hunger
  • After Twilight (Dark, #6.5)
  • Master of the Moon (Mageverse #2)
  • Into the Flame (Darkness Chosen, #4)
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • Walk on the Wild Side (The Others, #13)
  • Soul Song (Dirk and Steele,  #6)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)
  • The Wolf (Sons of Destiny, #2)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 70 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, the Sisters of the Heart Series and Torpedo Ink. All of her series have hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received ...more

Drake Sisters (7 books)
  • Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1)
  • The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2)
  • Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3)
  • Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5)
  • Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6)
  • Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7)
“You mean his kisses." Hannah corrected her.

Jonas narrowed his gaze. "You seem obsessed with his kisses, Hannah."

She shrugged. "It's been a while. I'm looking for a little action."

His eyebrow shot up. "Oh, really?" Jonas leaned down, his hand twisting in her hair, holding her head perfectly still as his mouth took possession of hers.

Libby gasped in shock. The kiss seemed to go on and on forever. And there was definitely tongue. Hannah not only wasn't struggling, she seemed to be kissing him back.

Jonas pulled away just as abruptly, shoving his hat on his head and turning toward the living room. "That should hold you for a while. Next time you're feeling a little hard up, give me a call." He strode out of the room.”
1 likes