Start by marking “The Business of the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
The Business of the 21st Century

The Business of the 21st Century

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  3,678 Ratings  ·  208 Reviews
For the past several years, multimillionaire businessman, entrepreneur, and investor Robert Kiyosaki has been a staunch supporter of network marketing. Like many people, he was skeptical about the industry at first ... until he learned firsthand what network marketing is all about: helping people.

In his latest book, the author of the phenomenally successful Rich Dad Poor D
Published 2010 by DreamBuilders

Raeleen Lemay
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
I DID IT. I READ A LEGIT NONFICTION BOOK. AND NOT A BIOGRAPHY. HEYOOOO

This was a decent book, though it got repetitive at times, which I understand was probably a tool used by Kiyosaki to really drive home his points. I'd recommend this for anybody interested in seeing a different point of view when it comes to jobs, education, time management, and business in general.
Christopher Obert
Nov 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2010
I call these types of business books “Feel Good” books. The authors spends most of their time making you feel good about yourself, and I have no problem with that, we should all feel good about ourselves! However, this is supposed to be a business book and when a business book sounds more like a pep rally it is time to head for the door! This book is full of contradictions! These contradictions prove to me that slight of hand is taking place. The book is no different from the Rich Dad, Poor Dad ...more
Hisham
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-parts
summary :

-become a salesman for a company
-find your friends
-convince them in purchasing from you
-inspire some of them to be a salesman just like you for the same company

I don't like the concept . What an awkward situation to be a salesman and the target of your salesman tricks are your friends, and even if you take off your salesman hat things still feel weird.

I would hate to be in a friends gathering and suddenly hear " hey the thing you sold me last week is a piece of junk , give me my money
Feb 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
We all know the government is shit, and is getting worse. Employees get taxed out of the ass while investors get huge tax breaks. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Mr. Kiyosaki knows this and I agree when he says that instead of complaining about it we need to learn about it and then take advantage of it. This book also explains why network marketing is the new top business of the 21st century.

Notes & Quotes:

"Take responsibility for your finances - or get used to taking orders for
Jeff Scofield
Mar 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
“This book is either going to excite you, or it is going to floor you”. The prediction uttered from the guy across from me at the Starbucks table as he pushed this piece of writing in my direction. Days earlier, I had met the gentleman in my place of work. He was nice enough. Very personable. Good communication and people’s skills. Easy to connect with. Traits that he felt he also found reciprocated in meeting me. Something that was evident when after I assisted him to the best of my ability, he ...more
Angela Marra
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Found it very informative. Robert expands on the way business is heading and to look out for yourself, you need to work for yourself. I'm on my way. I've found the right Net Work Marketing Company to succeed with. I believe in it and I'm going all the way...My goal is to be Financially free. Thank you Robert Kiyosaki for the inspiration!
Lori
May 16, 2011 added it
NWM network marketing, multilevel
author of Rich Dad Poor Dad
p.16 quadrants how do you make money Employee/Self/employed-small-business/Business owner/Investorer
p.74 4 elements of leadership mental/emotional/spiritual/physical must control all 4 and help these 4 elements in your employees (to make them effective leaders) or you will fail

4 steps to financial freedom
1) build a business - generate a lot of $, tax brakes vs employee quadrant
2)Reinvest in your business -don't use your income as a sour
Eric Stein
Jan 18, 2016 rated it did not like it
What a load of rubbish. More of a self-help book as it is devoid of any sort of "business of the 21st century". The author was probably looking to line his own pockets by talking up the scam of network marketing and attempting to push it on his readers.

Do not waste your time with this garbage, you'll regret it. I sure do.
Martel Campbell
Jul 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book presents an interesting perspective on wealth creation and one that in general I agree with and sure that Mr. Kiyosaki does as well. There are merits in his cash flow quadrant idea and don't think many would disagree that investing money to have it work for you (I quadrant) and owning a large business with the resources to support itself with minimal effort on owners part (B Quadrant) are preferable to being an employee (E Quadrant) and starting a company from scratch (S Quadrant). But ...more
Wells Hamilton
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
The good: It introduces readers to the power of a network in business. I thought I knew what this book was going to be about, but was surprised. Some lightbulbs went off, and it colored in certain ideas that had once only been in black and white. Also, this book reminds readers of the "cash flow quadrant" from his previous book of the same name, which is a very valuable notion to understand.

The bad: This book reads like a sales-pitch website. The kind where there's a thin row of text in the mid
Daniel Fazzina
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book that talks about the merits of Network Marketing, and the need for people today to change their thinking from one of an "employee" to one of an "entrepreneur/business" owner if they ever want to be financially independent. While this is certainly not a new idea nor new information, this book really illustrates how this makes sense in simple, layman's terms. I think this is Robert's best book so far. I highly recommend it.
Oleksandr Golovatyi
Excellent book from Robetre Kiyosaki, in which he describes the basic principles of financial independence and wealth of the 21st century. At the beginning of the book the author tells that every person should take his financial future under control and his success depends only on him. Next is a description of the main eight assets to create real wealth. Here are the 8 assets:
- knowledge of business in the real world;
- perfection of personal qualities;
- The circle of friends who share your value
Em Anthony
Sep 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just read 115 pages of basically no valuable information. A lot of words with no substance. "This is going to be great!", "This will change everything!" "Freedom freedom freedom", "this works!" All without offering any concrete information on how this network marketing fully works.
Vaishali
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Geared toward the network-marketing cult, but still has pearls for any entrepreneur. Some gems:

There are 4 types of people :
------------------------
1. People who always have to be right
** rarely change
** lawyers, accountants

2. Comfort-seekers
"... House could be burning down, but they're on the sofa watching football... "

3. Approval-seekers
** people who must be liked
** will probably never be successful, because their survival is linked to making others happy

4. People who like to win
** sett
James Wirshing
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"WOW! I used my highlighter on this book more than ANY other book that I've ever read. If you're interested in leadership; if you're interested in wealth-building; if you're interested in entrepreneurship, then you've got to read this book!"
Karen Ceja
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
We all are heading to the choice of do something or remain the same. Networkmarketing is the perfect choice to learn and make money on the way
Tihomir
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-best, favorites
As usual pretty impressive thinking of Mr. Kiyosaki. I was amazed by a lot of facts in terms of finance freedom and I will try to do my best to achieve my goals.
Tyler Nigon
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
98% of the content in this book probably could have been said in 15-20 pages. The content is decent, but it just drags on and on.
Barry Ryan
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A call to action that worked.
Nola Redd
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it
A quick and easy read, this Kiyosaki book focuses on his favorite biz, network marketing. It extolls the high points of it and focuses on the benefits of the passive income gleaned.

Kiyosaki points out that it's not all easy money and that it takes a good five years to put into play, but he glosses over a number of points that stood out to me as a previous home party person. The dominant one, to me, was the building of a team. You have to be constantly working with and training that team, even as
Nahum ben binyamin
Jul 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who want to start part time biz from home and need guiding and mentoring
In General, It is a good book. Not too deep but yet do touch on the main points, and straight to the point (without too much repetition on every chapter).
Taking into consideration this is Kiyosaki second book on the subject of Network Marketing (former was “the business school”) I’ve expected for more strong appealing conversation in this book so I can give it a warm recommendation (yet, I do recommend this book).

It might be because of the reader(me :) ). The former book I read when I was just s
Eleftheria
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eleftheria by: CEP
Εξαιρετικό! Σαφώς καλύτερη έκδοση από τη Η σχολή επιχειρηματιών του πλούσιου μπαμπά (τουλάχιστον για τα ελληνικά). Συνοψίζει τις αρχές του Robert T. Kiyosaki και επιπλέον δίνει μία πρακτική λύση για όποιον θέλει μία ελεύθερη (και ασφαλή ζωή) κάνοντας απόλυτα κατανοητό το πώς και το γιατί.
Eugene Kok
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
The majority of people are trapped in time for money trade. where they enslave themselves to a job. Then there are those who decided to set up a small medium enterprise (SME)of their own, being their own boss, where they value freedom, however they found that, they are trapped even further as they are the magic of the biz, and then there is two more quadrants where there is the Big B ; Big Biz where people are millionaires and billionaires, where Kiyosaki proposes an ideal vehicle for everyone t ...more
David
Oct 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
An easy to read book which is a bit repetitive if you've read some of Kiyosaki's earlier works, however this is a direct message to families. Build a network marketing business to give you the option to take up real-estate (primarily) or other types of investments.

Importantly Kiyosaki outlines the benefits of leadership, learning and the like which are obtained by building a network marketing business. It helps me better understand my own work in this area.
Eric
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I always believe that what Robert Kiyosaki is saying in his books are "propheti"c in nature...He was of the few people who said that before 2010 the economy of the great USA will tumble down and the market will crash again...so it did happen! So, now in his new book about the business of the 21st century, he was telling his reader that Network Marketing is the trend of this century. That's why I want to be part of this business as early as now!
Chris
Aug 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read -- if for nothing else, this will motivate you to take action and become passionate about taking control of your own financial future -- and provide practical steps on how to do that. It's the power of individuals working together in a NETWORK to harness the energy and enthusiasm of the human spirit.
Kevin
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mostly a feel good/ this could be you book; however, the business knowledge that was in it was good. I liked how he broke up the forms of income into the 4 quadrants, and this book broadened my understanding of franchises and even though I wouldn't Network Market, it showed the necessity of Networking in general (for business). 2/5 Stars.
Pauline Rattery
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very good read, that explains in detail what's happening across the world with our economy. I strongly recommend that everyone reads it, especially if like me you are clueless on how to succeed in these difficult times, which on the other hand can also be seen as the best times, once you understand and have a shift with your mindset!!
David Garza
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to David by: TEAM
Robert Kiyosaki has done it again. Challenging traditional financial intelligence, and outlining why a new business structure is taking over the world, and how this structure is leading more and more people to financial freedom.
James Copeland
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Robert Kiyosaki explains clearly how important to understand what is an asset versus a liability. The 4 quadrants is another section that every one should know about. So far, this book is excellent!!!
  • Leadership: Tidbits and Treasures
  • Household Gold (How to Convert Household Expenses into Household Income)
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Voyage of a Viking: How a Man of Action Can Become a Man of Grace
  • The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the Self: A Parable and 5-Step Action Plan to Transform Workplace Performance
  • Resolved Primer: A Look Into The 13 Resolutions
  • Go-Givers Sell More
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
  • Pro-Sumer Power II ! How to Create Wealth by Being Smarter, Not Cheaper, and Referring Others to Do the Same
  • The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
  • The Difference Maker: Making Your Attitude Your Greatest Asset
  • Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don't
  • Toughen Up!
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...
“Your mind is infinite, it's your doubts that are limiting.” 5 likes