Start by marking “Damien (Nightwalkers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Damien (Nightwalkers, #4)

Damien (Nightwalkers #4)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  12,818 Ratings  ·  294 Reviews
They are the Nightwalkers, mysterious beings who dwell in the shadows of our world, and Damien, the Vampire Prince, is among the most powerful of them all. But one woman will tempt him with a desire unlike anything he has known, and together they will face a terrifying and relentless foe. . .

He'd Never Loved.
But She Was Irresistible.

As reigning Vampire Prince, Damien h
Published June 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Damien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damien

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Sugary Sweet Stars

photo tumblr_inline_mgp3egf2ol1ro2d43_zpsrdctpmrz.gif

*Spoilers*

This book is so sweet. I so liked this one better than the last. Thank God Syreena was nothing like her sister!

So in this book we get to know Damien, and the vampire world of the nightwalkers series better. Damien is the Prince of the vampires. He is at the newly found Library of nightwalkers when he sees Syreena again, He doesn't know why but He feels drawn to her. When Syreena gets kidnapped by the traitor Ruth, Damien is determined to save her, but in order to
Laura the Highland Hussy

This book totally redeemed the whole series as far as I'm concerned. I liked Jacob, Gideon fell short, and Elijah annoyed me. Damien was the best so far, and it was fantastic!

Ruth is one of the best female villains I've seen in a long time, in fact I wish we saw more of her. She gets some action right at the beginning, and some later on in the book. She is one insane woman who has a brilliant mind...the makings of an excellent bad guy.

Syreena was a lot lik
DarienMoya
Mar 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads, demon
A NEW WORLD VAMPIRE!!!

Somehow this series manages to get more awesome and in-depth. Lets recap shall we. This is the 4th book in the Nightwalkers series, and they include Vampires, Demons, Lycanthropes etc. basically all these species can’t go out in the sun they are more powerful at night hence the name. So some prophecies have come to light and is changing the way the nightwalker view each other once when they were at war with each other now they have to come together to fight an evil that is
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I am not a romantic person, which is strange given that my main genre is romance, I don't like romantic films and I am not very big on PDA. Which, is probably why romances I love the most are series like Shelly Laurenston's Pride series and Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole they all have the love stuff in, but they also have crazy females who are a little bit emotionally retarded and men whose main wooing technique is the basic shag-them-till-they-love-me, there aren't too many heart to heart ...more
Lissy Liz
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OOOOHHHHH DAMIEN!!1

Oh my!!
Damien the Vampire Prince has lived for over 1000 years. Has traveled the world and consorted with Kings and Queens. He has never fallen and love, but when he meets Syreena she's a Lycanthrope Princess everything changes for both of them.

The Nightwalkers are being hunted by human necromancers and the leaders of all the Nightwalkers species are tired of it and want to put an end to it.

Damien wants to protect his people but he's also helping the Demons, Lycanthropes, Sha
Julie (jjmachshev)
May 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
OMG! I'm two for two today!! I just now finished "Damien" by Jacquelyn Frank, the fourth book of the Nightwalkers series. What a fantastic series! Love it, love it, love it.

Damien is the Vampire Prince. He's seen and done it all in his almost thousand years of 'living' and has become jaded. Then he meets Syreena. Well, she actually tries to kill him at the end of book 3. Now circumstances have brought them together again and he finds himself drawn to her. When she is kidnapped and almost killed,
valee
Sep 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. It was everything I had expected. I really wanted to read Damien's story. What I like about this series is that I never know what will happen next. In most of the other paranormal series you just know how everything will end at the end but not in these books. I mean you know that they'll get together but not all the other events that will happen.

I really enjoy reading books written by Jacquelyn Frank.

A better review to come if I ever re'read this book,lol. Not in the mood right now.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Liz F
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another great book in the Nightwalker series by Jacquelyn Frank. I think this one might be my favorite so far. Might be!

This one centers on the title character (as all of this series do), Damien, Prince of Vampires. He finds himself attracted to the Princess of Lycanthropes, Syreena.

As always, she doesn't want to get involved with Damien because of the prejudice that her people still hold towards Vampires (other Nightwalkers in general, actually). And with her sister, the Queen, having rece
Michelle Tempted By Books
I don't get it. Honestly, I just don't get it. This book was Blah, blah, boring,long winded blah. The story has SO much detail and no substance. I honestly don't care about EVERY freaking touch, smell, sight and sound that EVERY character experiences. Oh and then switch to the next characters reactions to the SAME DAMN THING. This saddened me, I wanted so badly to like this book. I was looking forward to learning about Damien and the vampires, not to mention I assumed there would be some advance ...more
Gina
Another excellent book in the series!

Oh, how I am loving this series! The action, in or out of the bedroom, is incredible! You see the scenes as Frank wrote them, and they stick with you, long after the book is finished, LOL!

Damien is the perfect hero. Strong, he refuses to believe he’s sulking when he actually is and turns it into anger and a temper tantrum instead.

Syreena is stronger, physically and mentally, than most believed her to be. I loved how she grew even more, and how she came around
Sandra
From the blurb:

HE'D NEVER LOVED. BUT SHE WAS IRRESISTIBLE.

As reigning Vampire Prince, Damien has tasted every pleasure the world has to offer--consorting with kings and queens and delighting in sensual adven
PepperP0t
Damien, Prince of the Vampires is bored with it all. He's weary of the sameness of living so long and looking after his people and feels the need for something more. Escorting his companion of many centuries, Jasmine, to the newly opened and still contested Nightwalker library, he encounters Princess Syreena of the Lycanthrope and can't resist teasing her with challenging comments. Soon Damien goes to find Syreena to apologize for his behavior but is only able to find blood traces of her which h ...more
Katie(babs)
Oct 21, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have tried repeatedly to enjoy the world of the Nightwalkers and every time, I scratch my head and go “huh?” Perhaps I am missing something but every one of Frank’s books are so long winded and go on and on without any major action. I also think part of my problem is the long paragraphs that don’t really make sense and the sex is pretty ho hum.

Damien is the prince of all vampires and his story involves Syreena, sister and princess to the queen of the Lycanthropes. There is a magical sort of li
Brenda Audiobooks Only
Narrated by Xe Sands - Narration 5+*

Reviewed for AAR's Speaking of Audiobooks

Damien, Prince of the Vampires, enters the inter-species marrying loop in Jacquelyn Frank’s fourth Nightwalker entry. Damien is my favorite in this series for two reasons. First, it keeps moving, whether by dialogue or action and without the verboseness that irked me previously. Second, it could slide onto a bookshelf at Goodreads entitled “avid seduction of a hesitant heroine”. Damien truly is a prince when it comes to
pianogal
Apr 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, vampires
I thought this book was an excellent addition to the wonderful Nightwalkers series. However, I've heard some rumors that "Noah" will be the last book in the series (at least for awhile), and this one opened up so many routes for potential story lines that it will be interesting to see which ones the author fleshes out.

And from the annals of Analyze It or Enjoy It:
ANNALYZE IT - if all the Nightwalkers species continue to intermarry, then all the separate species will die out in their original fo
MsRomanticReads

This review can also be found on my blog.

Another great read in the Nightwalkers series. The Vampire Prince, Damien, has been around for many centuries, delighting in causing mischief and seeking pleasure wherever he can find it. With the threat of the Necromancers and the renegade Demon Ruth out for blood, he has turned his interests to protecting his people and aiding his allies. When Syreena, the Lycanthrope Princess, is kidnapped, he picks up the trail and rescues her. In an attempt to save h
Mojca
Damien (Nightwalkers Series #4) When the Vampire ruler, Damien, saves Syreena, Princess and heir-apparent to the throne of the Lycanthropes, from the clutches of the insane, vengeful Mind Demon, he's completely unprepared for the staggering attraction between them.

The possible relationship between them is a total taboo in his society, not to mention the possible ramifications if they did decide to give in to the sudden passion flaring between them...Unfortunately, neither Syreena or Damien have
Nadjab
Zum Inhalt: Als Syreena, eine ungewöhnliche Lykantrhropin und Schwester und Thronerbin von Siena, verschwindet, zögert Damien keine Sekunde, um sie aus den Fängen ihrer Entführer zu befreien. Doch dabei wird er überrascht, was das Schicksal für sie beide bereit hält. Währenddessen schmiedet Ruth weiterhin ihre Pläne, um alle Schattenwandler ins Verderben zu stürzen und sich für den Tod ihrer Tochter zu rächen.

Meine Meinung: Ich mochte den Charakter von Syreena sehr gerne und auch die Idee hinter
Dec 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Damien' is the best of the Nightwalker books. I enjoyed 'Jacob', was disappointed in 'Gideon', couldn't read 'Elijah,' but LOVED 'Damien'.

Jacquelyn Frank continues to build her unique world of demons, druids, vampires, lycans, mistrals and shadowdwellers. We learn more of their culture and histories as the Nightwalkers gain lost knowledge of their dependence on one another. The story might be difficult to understand without reading at least the first two books.

Damien, the Vampire Prince, resc
Can't sleep
One of the features I love best about Goodreads is the ease of which it is possible to follow a genre through its twists and turns to sub genres you never would have guessed existed. Though I chuckled the when I found alien erotica, I guffawed the day I discovered cyborg erotica- 'Tis a rich tapestry, the human imagination.

Damien could best be described as emo PNR. Darkly romantic, the conjured world is a fantasy-scape of shadows and princes, with danger lurking at every turn. The lovers, Damie
majstoricamagije
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Another story different from the previous sequels - I like that I do not know what to expect from each subsequent proceeding!

This story brings women, strong women, even more of them, but the two in the main roles.
Princess is a true heroine: a strong, courageous, sacrificial, realistic, loyal, adventurous, yet passionate, sensual and jealous (not too much, just moderately jealous). She's aware of what she wants and what she can, and accept things as they are.
On the other side is Jasmine. She is a
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
"Damien" by Jacquelyn Frank was just a little bit different from the previous four books in the Nightwalkers series. It had a lot more intense sexual passion between the two main characters, and more character development with the ongoing war between the traitor demon, Ruth. This book also introduced more of the Nightwalkers including the Shadowdweller counselors and more of the Mistrals as well.

The main focus of the story was about Damien, the Prince of the Vampire species, and Syreena, the Lyc
Rachel
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I really enjoyed this one, it didn't grab me as some of the others have, which makes me sad. I liked what I saw of Damien in the other books and I was hoping for more with his book. That's not to say I don't like him now, because I do. I love him and I love Syreena. But their coming together/courtship if you will, fell short to me. It wasn't as passionate emotionally as the others have been. There were a few times that my heart went all fluttery in my chest because of something Damien said ...more
Lynsey
This book was sooooooo great! I had high hopes and was not let down. Damien was everything I had hoped for, very deep, brooding and passionate. He's heart stopping.

I loved Syreena. She was a quirky character and I warmed to her straight away. I struggled to understand Jasmine's motivation but perhaps that's just because I thought she was mean. Syreena was way more reasonable with her than I would have been. But then, my husband can't boast at having had any female friends for over 500 years!

The
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
This was a pretty spectacular book, this is the first thing I have ever read from Jacquelyn Frank, and I must sit here and wonder how come it has taken me so long to read her stuff. I've had this series on my TBR for, forever now and just now picked up a book from here. I'm so glad I did because this book was much like alot of what I read but also different with it's plot and character base. I enjoyed it alot and will most definitely be continuing on with this series.
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
I swear I would give it 6 stars if I could! This was by far the best of the series!! Damien is HOT HOT HOT...and Syreena is kick ass! I was a little worried since the other books were good but not as good as Jacob but this one topped even that one! I love this world that Ms.Frank has created and I can't wait to read Noah. Finally my boo can get his HEA he deserves it.
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Loving this book more the second time around!! Damien is one fiiiine vampire and Syreena really does complete him. She is the one that calms his restless soul and he gives her more personal courage. And what an interesting combination of shifting abilities Syreena has. Fascinating. This is by far, my favorite book in this series.
Jen
Apr 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nightwalkers
This was a good setup for the rest of the stories. I liked the book itself. It was nice to have a change from the main characters trying to avoid each other. These 2 kind of realized what they had and started trying to make it work.

I am looking forward to Noah and perhaps Jasmine?
Gretchen
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I super liked Damien!!! I knew I was going to like him when I first met him in G's book... I really enjoy the story arch of the series so far and am excited to find out what happens with the evil Ruth!!!
  • Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • Midnight's Master (Midnight, #3)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)
  • Touch of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #2)
  • Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Blood Hunt (Sentinel Wars, #5)
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
  • Burning Skies (Guardians of Ascension, #2)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
I live in Asheville NC and have written a book...or two...or is it ten?
More about Jacquelyn Frank...

Nightwalkers (6 books)
  • Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Adam (Nightwalkers, #6)

“She had told him that she loved him. He had known that, but hearing it in the traditional phrase had affected him in new and blinding ways.
Ways that made him believe that he could do anything.
Anything she needed or wanted him to do.
Because her loving him meant so much more than him loving her.”
32 likes
“She had spent days balancing on the edge of a choice.
A choice, she had suddenly realized, that was never truly a matter of selection. It was what Damien had seemed to know from the start. The only choice she could make was to ignore the demands of her heart and her spirit, both of which she had tried to ignore no matter how loudly they had screamed at her. In truth, there was no choice.
She was meant to be his, and he was meant to be hers.
She had searched day after day for outside proof of this, only to realize that there was none, and never would be. The proof was stamped in the desires of her soul. It was the instinct that had been born in her, flipped on like a switch, the moment it had flipped on as brilliantly in him. Only he had seen the light, and she had been blinded by it.”
12 likes