Start by marking “Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)

(Awakened By Blood #2)

The author of Blood on Silk brings readers the next novel in her seductive new Awakened by Blood series.

Months after her dangerous encounter with the vampire overlord Saloman, Scottish academic Elizabeth Silk is still trying to cope with both the demands of her vampire-hunting bloodline-and the desire she feels for Saloman, the immortal she brought back from the grave.
Published April 5th 2011 by Berkley Books (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Sin

Start your review of Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)
Natalie
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have to say, the more I blog the more surprised I seem to get with each book I read. I really lived a very sheltered life within my world of books, I usually didn't go outside of my favorite authors and was quite happy to stay there, and then one day I finished the book I was reading and went to my shelf to get another and low and behold every obsessed readers nightmare.........my shelf was empty lol. I didn't have anymore books to read. So I said to myself "Away to the Internet to see if one ...more
Mihaela
Originally posted on http://mikkysworldofbooks.blogspot.fr...

Saloman’s strength is increasing and he’s forging new alliances. He’s now ready to face the future and to bring all the vampires together. Nothing and no one will stand in his way. Even more so when he’s made up his mind to get his possessions back.

Nothing and no one except a beautiful, intelligent woman who still doesn’t trust him even if she’s crazy in love with him.

Elizabeth is ready to fight everyone to keep her relatives alive
Karielle at Books à la Mode
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog
The gripping whirlwind of a forbidden romance between Ancient vampire, Saloman and his human Awakener, Elizabeth continues in Marie Treanor's second installment of the Awakened by Blood series. Blood Sin is rich in landscape, full of delicious vampire sex, and brimming with desperate emotion, which makes it as good as—and in my opinion, even more enjoyable than—the first book that originally subjected us to the two lovers.

Elizabeth knows she shouldn't. Months after parting from Saloman after a
Cocktails and Books
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, paranormal
Elizabeth Silk has spent the last sixth months trying to figure out what hew recently discovered vampire hunting background means to her life as well as dealing with her feeling for Saloman. She's fine-tuning her thesis and teaching at St. Andrews University, but at night she's left to overthink and contemplate all things Saloman. To try and curb her endless thinking of Saloman, she's contacting Tsigana descendants in hopes of warning them of the Saloman threat. She didn't expect her distant ...more
Johanna
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Blood Sin
(Awakened by Blood, Book #2)
by Marie Treanor

Genre: Paranormal Romance | Fantasy | Historic

Even if you walk in the light, you can dwell in the dark. Months after her dangerous encounter with vampire overlord Salaman, Scottish academic Elizabeth Silk is still trying to cope with both the demands of her ancestral bloodline -- which marks her as a vampire hunter -- and the overpowering desire she feels for the immortal she brought back from the grave. But she is not alone is her
Sandy M
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, vampires
I have found myself totally taken by Saloman, the hero of this series by Marie Treanor. His arrogance is in the stratosphere. His sensuality shoots beyond the stars. His aspirations to take over the world, to take care of those inferior humans, has Elizabeth up in arms, causing her dilemma of loving the crazy vampire or staking him to assure free will and independence aren’t excised from humanity. Neither are easy goals to have.

When Saloman saunters back into her life, Elizabeth is ecstatic,
Marsha
Mar 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adult lovers of Paranormal Mysteries
Marie Treanor is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. She has a wonderful writing style. It has an interesting historical feel and when I read her words, I can see the richness and beauty of the locations she describes. Her stories are so much more than mere romance novels, they are a sexy, intense and intriguing mythological adventure.

Elizabeth Silk has been working as a temporary professor at a college in her home town. As much as she applies herself to her craft, she is lonely and
Stephanie  G
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Blood Sin
Elizabeth has made it her mission to track down, warn and save all Tsigana’s descendants in order to keep Saloman from killing them. This quest brings Elizabeth to Josh, a very distant relative of Tsigana in turn a very distant cousin of Elizabeth’s. Intrigued by her, Josh invites her to a party at the senator’s house. Dante is a close friend of Josh’s and wants more than anything to buy a family air loom of his, a rare old sword "The sword of Saloman" to Elizabeth’s surprise Saloman is
Bookaholics
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Blood Sin by Marie Treanor
Paranormal Romance – April 5th, 2011
4 1/2 stars

After the heroine’s heart was broken by Saloman, Elizabeth Silk struggles to put her life back together. She works part-time at the university where she’s pursuing her PhD and also helps out with the vampire hunters. While aiding the vampire hunters she tracks down her cousin Josh Alexander. She intends to warn him about Saloman when she discovers that Josh possessed Saloman’s sword. Because she knows that Saloman will stop
Katya
Oct 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, vampire
Katherine McCarthy
Oct 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

This second novel in the series is just as engaging and compelling as the first.

This follow-up novel revolves around the legendary Sword of Saloman that was used to kill Saloman over 300 years ago. It has been passed down through the descendants of the human killers (Tsigana & Ferenc) and is coveted by those believing it holds special powers.

Fearing for all the descendants of Tsigana and Ferenc, Elizabeth tracks down as many as she can to warn them of the danger they face at
Rebecca
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Blood Sin takes place six months after Blood on Silk. I liked the flow of this novel from the first but it did have a little of that arch between book feel were you know you are being bridged from one place to another. Even having said that, I never felt pushed in any way and I liked Blood Sin.

As Blood Sin starts, Elizabeth is back at her old life and teaching at a university. I enjoyed seeing her at the university and teaching, I liked the interaction you got between Elizabeth and her students
Michelle Greathouse
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Blood Sin is the second book in the Awakened By Blood series by Marie Treanor and a Paranormal Romance from Signet Eclipse.

Book Blurb:

Even if you stand in the light, you can dwell in the dark.

Months after her dangerous encounter with vampire overlord Saloman, Scottish academic Elizabeth Silk is still trying to cope with both the demands of her ancestral bloodline - which marks her as a vampire hunter - and the overpowering desire she feels for the immortal she brought back from the grave.

But
Tina
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Silk is a vampire hunter who is torn between doing her duty and being in love. Saloman, a very powerful vampire, was awakened by accident and Elizabeth was his lover for a period of time. But now he’s gone and she still craves him.

Saloman only thinks of Scotland, his sword, and Elizabeth. The last time Elizabeth and Saloman had been together, they fought over her conflict. How can a vampire hunter love a vampire? When Elizabeth learns the location of Saloman’s sword, a prize both
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Blood Sin is the second book in Marie Treanor's Awakened by Blood series. This book focuses mostly on Saloman's infamous lost sword. When the wrong people get their sights set on finding this powerful sword, it's a race to see who gets to it first.

Elizabeth is once again torn between her duty to the vampire hunters, as well as her love for Saloman. She knows that their differences will always come between them, but you can't choose who your heart decides to love. Their feelings for each other
Lauren
5 Stars

Synopsis
Months after awakening the most powerful vampire of all time, Elizabeth Silk must join forces with him once more in the search for Saloman's legendary sword before dangerous forces, both human and vampire, use it to rule over everyone.

Review
Simply amazing - Treanor's writing is smooth (especially the extraordinary fight scenes), her plot engrossing and her characters come to life on the pages.

Elizabeth is still torn between her loyalty to the vampire hunters and her all
Stacy
Sep 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I gave it 3.5 stars

reviewed by http://urbanfantasyinvestigations.blo...

I was pretty sad with how things ended in BLOOD ON SILK. They have so much chemistry together and it was hard to see them put that aside instead of finding a way to work together. Elizabeth has started tracking down her fellow descendants of Tsigana which leads her to find Josh a movie star that happens to be a far off relation to her. Josh became another great supporting character to the series while also bring Elizabeth
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Beautifully worded and easy to pick up if you haven’t followed the series, Treanor crafted a story that will draw readers into her world and leave them wanting more. Soloman is a heroic vampire who is easy to fall for, and Elizabeth is torn with enough realistic emotional issues that, although it is a fantasy, it is easy to slip into this world and believe the conflict. Unique plot twists about the sword and its nature keep the reader guessing. Steamy chemistry and passion-filled romance keeps ...more
Cindy
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am in love with the gentle growth of this story. There is a TON of action, adventure, confrontations and romance...yet we watch these characters GROW into their relationships. It's not just "BAM", it's a true story tellers tale. I love that Elizabeth goes from a non-believer into Mega-hottie Saloman's love. He can't help being the force of nature he has always been and she can't help being the innocent that is gradually having her eyes opened to what truly goes on in the outside world. Yet he ...more
Robin
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Blood Sin is Marie Treanor's second book in her Awakened by Blood series. I've already bought the third and possibly final book in this series. I've enjoyed watching Elizabeth and Solomon fall in love. He may not know he's there yet but he's close and she loves him very much. Now that she's finally had to choose and seal her allegiance to him and is no longer torn between him and the hunters it should be interesting to see how she proceeds in the next book. I'd say it's at least a 4 out of 5.
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
I am really enjoying this series. I liked the 2nd book even more than the first. The storyline was interesting. I like the author's take on her vampire world. The characters are well developed and I am in love with Saloman. Elizabeth is a great heroine. I have already jumped into book 3 Blood Eternal.
Mara
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, urban-fantasy
Better than the first in my eyes as Elizabeth has become a very strong woman, able to resist even her love for him in her search for "rightness/goodness".

The story is captivating and all the characters enjoyable. Notice that this book has an open ending and it's clearly a middle book in a longer story arch.

K.A.
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
From the first breath of Salamon's dark, sultry presence on the page to
Elizabeth's fire each sentence leaves you spellbound as the story takes you
deeper into the mystery. Marie Treanor has woven a history that is captivating, sexy and
mindnumbingly intense! Once again I am dying for the next book in this series.

In a word - wow!

Elaine White
I enjoyed his book, but not as much as the first one. I think the whole Adam Simon thing put me off a little. It just wasn't the Saloman/Elizabeth relationship I'd got used to in the first book. However, once they reached his homeland and left NY and Scotland behind, it got a lot better. More like what I was expecting. Can't wait to read the next one.
Marianne
This one was a bit harder for me to follow than the first one; I think I needed to read them closer together. I also had some difficulty keeping alliances and intrigues straight. Despite all that, it was still an enjoyable read.
Kikinne69
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire-romance
Love this Author ... that's all I have to say.... you WON'T regret buying her books
Anino
I can't say enough about this wonderful series. I totally loved it, and I highly recommend it to any PNR lover that's mad about Vamps..
Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com)
Review will be available on November 16, 2012 at http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com
Diane
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love vampire stories and Marie Treanor has taken this book, along with the first book in the series to a unique place. I can't wait for the next in the series which comes out in October.
Jujubee
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
New take on vampires, history, and, did I mention, Saloman? Get follow up to the series. Yup. Got and kept my attention.
Marie Treanor's Vampires Are Back! 1 4 Oct 05, 2011 09:07AM
Special Guest Blogger - Marie Treanor 1 1 Oct 02, 2011 05:37AM
A Dark New Paranormal From Marie Treanor 1 2 Jun 26, 2011 06:27AM
Marie Treanor's Second Awakened By Blood Book Just Released 1 3 Apr 04, 2011 06:09AM

• Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2)
  • Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
  • Bitten (Otherworld, #1)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • Gifted Thief (Highland Magic, #1)
  • Reflected (Silver #3)
  • Tarnished (Silver #2)
  • Corrigan Lust (Corrigan, #5)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Bloodrage (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Bloodmagic (Blood Destiny, #2)
  • Bloodfire (Blood Destiny, #1)
Marie Treanor lives in Scotland with her eccentric husband and three much-too-smart children. Having grown bored with city life, she resides these days in a picturesque village by the sea where she is lucky enough to enjoy herself avoiding housework and writing sensual stories of paranormal romance and fantasy.

You can find out more about Marie and her books on her website: www.MarieTreanor.com.

Awakened By Blood (4 books)
  • Blood Song (Awakened By Blood, #0.5)
  • Blood on Silk (Awakened by Blood, #1)
  • Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3)
“I AM SALOMAN. GIVE ME MY SWORD!” 2 likes