Start by marking “Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual: Leopard Edition” as Want to Read:
Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual: Leopard Edition

Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual: Leopard Edition

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Is Windows giving you pause? Ready to make the leap to the Mac instead? There has never been a better time to switch from Windows to Mac, and this incomparable guide will help you make a smooth transition. New York Times columnist and Missing Manuals creator David Pogue gets you past three challenges: transferring your stuff, assembling Mac programs so you can do what you ...more
Published March 4th 2008 by Pogue Press (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Switching to the Mac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switching to the Mac

Christine
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009-reads
Was given this book as a gift months before I ever purchased a Mac, but based on what I read on blogs and other websites, I thought that information beforehand would make the switch to a Mac easier for one who used a PC for all of her life. I was right. Hints, diagrams, tips and the way Pogue explains the differences between the 2 systems, really assisted in making the transition smooth. I read a few other Leopard/Mac manuals, but the switcher's version is much easier for a newbie. Would recomme ...more
Stephanie
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
When I ordered my new Mac, I ordered this book. Somehow I thought I would need help understanding the Mac. Good God it is so intuitive, and everything is so much easier to do than on a PC. I allowed a half day to set up the machine, network, etc. - 15 minutes later, I hadn't had to read anything and EVERYThing WORKED.

David Pogue is a real Mac God and if I ever need a book on something Mac, I'd go for his stuff in a flash.
Scotto
Oct 30, 2009 rated it liked it
I'm a new Mac user who ditched his old Dell because I feel Microsoft has lost their "mojo" and is only good at predatory marketing, not coding.
so far I love my iMac and this book is very helpful is before bi-lingual (I still have to use XP at work and told them I'd quit before using Vista. Thank goodness I have the power at my owrkplace to spec new computers and we'll use XP for as long as we can can.
John Hudson
Apr 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Handy to have around. I already know Macs and Windowses pretty well, but since I bounce between both of them rather a lot, this is helpful. Would be VERY helpful to someone who doesn't really know a Mac. A peeve I have with this genre: Too much cutesy, jokey writing, and gee-whiz-aw-shucks-how-cool-is-that? stuff. Can is and save some ink and trees.
Lee
Jun 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must have for Windows users who've recently purchased a Mac.
Tony Taylor
Mar 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great Mac OS X reference book
Shannon
Jan 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
While I didn't read this cover to cover, the parts I've read have been very helpful. It is now being relegated to reference book status.
Julie
May 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book has really great info for a new Mac owner like me. I reach for it whenever I'm not sure how to "translate" something from PC to Mac.
McNichol
May 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Also bought the digital edition for $5.00
Steven
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
A computer book that doesn't put me to sleep? Nice.
Louis C Smith
Frank
May 05, 2012
Kimberli
Aug 03, 2008

David Pogue, Yale '85, is the weekly personal-technology columnist for the New York Times and an Emmy award-winning tech correspondent for CBS News. His funny tech videos appear weekly on CNBC. And with 3 million books in print, he is also one of the world's bestselling how- to authors. He wrote or co-wrote seven books in the "For Dummies" series (including Macs, Magic, Opera, and Classical Music)

More about David Pogue...