Start by marking “Beneath the Neon Moon” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Neon Moon

Beneath the Neon Moon

Zach and Mal have never met, but one summer night finds them in desperate trouble together, kidnapped and trapped in darkness. The moon's rising high and full in the sky when Zach notices something's changing in Mal, growing volatile and wild. And no matter how quickly the bond between them grows, Zach's afraid he won't survive the night.
Published July 12th 2010 by TKB Books

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Neon Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Neon Moon

Start your review of Beneath the Neon Moon
Kassa
Sep 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Two men wake up groggily to find they’re chained together in a basement. Sort of sounds like the beginning to a bad horror flick. Thankfully the story takes the premise and infuses a bit of horror, a bit of paranormal, some blood, off page gore and violence, and yet through it all the story is about the connection between the two men. Zach knows the big scary secret of why they’re in the basement but won’t tell Mal. So the story relies on the two men as they get to know each other and attempt to ...more
Betryal
Jul 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ami
Oct 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I think the rating is mostly for the atmosphere of the story, rather than what I totally think of the story. I mean, the story itself, I will give it three stars. Because I still have questions (who is the two guys, what is Mal for them, where do they go in the end) and the ending is sort of anti-climatic.

While the writing is written in 3rd POV, I feel like this story is mostly seen through Zach's eyes. Assessing the situation, slowly understanding the dire situation, who Mal is, why they're kept in the
Lexi Ander
Sep 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was fantastic! Just enough eery-creepiness to keep you on edge. Great characters...wow...for a short read you really get to know them. No wasted space if you know what I mean. Really, really good.
Lang
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm not a fan of the "classical" type of werewolves, especially not of those who are interested in tearing humans apart. And horror isn't my fav genre either. I don't like the gory details and certain implied body damage (almost permanent) with the specifics of it.

But I did enjoy this story even with all those things that aren't my cup of tea.
I truly didn't expect any HE. And I liked the way both Mal and Zach handled the no-win situation. I've read with great interest how the relationship betw
MLE
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, kindle-archive
Short, but incredibly well devloped considering the length. I really was able to get a good feel for the chracters, and their developing relationship. Zack is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, and I look forward to finding out more about the both of them.
rameau
Charming short read despite the unrealistic–and I don't mean the paranormal aspect–nature of it.

Possible triggers for (view spoiler).
Trish
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
this was a well written short story. a great premise.

a little werewolf, a little bit gore, some m/m hotness...

yup, hoping i can find more by this author.

Julesmarie
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, free
I've had this in my tbr list for a while, and just kept putting it off. I'm not sure what finally made me read it today, and I'm not sure I'm glad about it. The little explanation at the end where the author said she'd always wanted to write a story about two men chained up in a basement, falling in love with each other while one of them increasingly wants to eat the other's entrails kindof sums up the book. The story behind Mal and Zach each getting into the basement and even the development of ...more
Furio
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Correctly priced for its length, this novella exceeded my expectations not crossing but at least nearing the line that divides entertainment fiction from fine literature.

It is a M/M romance and it involves werewolves, but the author takes a clear suspence/horror turn. Weres are not lusty lapdogs here: they are dangerous and cruel. Zach, the human, is not surprised and intrigued, he is terrified and justly so.

A big asset of this work is characterization. The two leads are
Elisa Rolle
The novella is a mix of horror and psychological thriller; there is a splash of romance, but it’s really not the main element of the story.

Zach is the character that has more deepness, probably since he is the one the author gives a clear glimpse in his past; orphaned by mother, with an alcoholic father, Zach has not had an easy childhood. He managed to build a life for himself, poor and lonely, but at least he managed to have something to eat, as often didn’t happen when he was a bo
Emmie
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Much better than I thought it would be. I'm really rounding down 4.5 b/c the book ends with a good deal of unresolved issues. no sequel in sight! I'm not a big fan of that from authors. But I really liked the characters, I liked the narrator, and I felt like it was a new take on a common werewolf theme.
Seregil
Aug 02, 2010 rated it liked it
The werewolves in this story are the clasical type: mean, dangerous, change only once a month and want to tear you apart. Which is kind of refreshing to find in MM stories.
The romance develops between two men who wake up chained together in a cellar. It's basically stockholm syndrome because one of the men is going through a transformation..... You can guess the rest :)
Iris Deorre
Nov 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book and the main reason for me was because I had no clue what was going on. Two men Zach and Mal have been captured and they don't know why and neither do I. You don't get to know until nearing the end. I love books that are unpredictable and this is one of them.
Sammy Goode
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ms Black--repeat after me--I WILL write a sequel, I WILL write a sequel. It will include much back story on both MC's, more hot sex, and lots of wolfy lovin---now, breathe, grab a cup of coffee and please, oh please, start writing! (I'm on my knees here!)
Coffee
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really, really enjoyed this short book. It was so good I wished there was more of it. It was one of those I'd had for a while but had put off reading, and now I'm wondering why I did that. Awesome short read. It would have got 5 stars if it had been longer ;)
Tracy
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this was a very well written book, for the price I was surprise that it was that long, sine of it I got a little misty eyes, it was just that good for me, I ending felt like that Mal and Zach will be in more readings, I look forward to it. Thanks for a very excepational read.
Amanda
Jan 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was very surprised that I liked this book. I don't usually read this kind, but I did enjoy this one. Though it really was too short, I love longer stories. But overall and for the type of book It was great!
Nastassia
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and I want to read a sequel to it now. There is definitely more to had of this story.
Karen
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really different shifter story - enjoyed it very much. Looks like there is more to come from these MCs.
H.A.
A fantastic story. The plot is common but this author added twists to ut that made it fresh and stand out from all others like it. I can't waitfor the sequel. I love Jasper!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5
The premise was good, and it was an interesting read.
I had a few issues with the book,but overall ok.
LenaLena
Dec 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Well, whaddayaknow? A shifter story that did not completely suck. It wasn't great or anything, but still. Topping the list so far.
Rose
Dec 17, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a good story. But the ending left me wanting more. It felt so unfinished. There should have been a couple more chapters to wrap everything up.
Cylonsarecuddly
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
So I came here looking for the next book in the series, as it clearly ended abruptly and with a lot of unanswered questions. Unfortunately it does appear to be a stand-alone.

Regardless, the plot was interesting and a little more original than the usual shifter/wolf book. The tone was horror and quite dark, and the characters of the two leads were interesting and thought out. The villains were one-dimensional with unclear motivation.

I enjoyed this book, but I think it coul
Pamela Cunningham
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Neon Moon series

This was a decent read both of these boy's have their demons but their good boys . It's messed up that they find themselves in this kind of situation but I think that they'll be able to get through it as long as they have each other's back . Looking forward to the next book in this series .
Marsha
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reader1

I wish there was more to the story. I hope Theda Black would write more. I wish this story could become a series.
Kelly
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a very intriguing and interesting take on the werewolf myth. There were a few times where I wondered how things were going to end up and I kept imagining the worst. I like it when a book makes me go all wide-eyed and gaspy.

Admittedly, the beginning of the book threw me. I can't exactly pinpoint why except that I think I thought it was going to go in a different direction than it did. Which is silly because the synopsis up there is pretty darn accurate. I just somet
blub
I wanted to give this book 4 stars but I'm not really satisfied with how it ended so it's getting 3 instead. This story doesn't really conform to the ways most shifters tales are.

The story spans about three days and in that time period Mal and Zach wake up to find they're chained together, they don't know why they were kidnapped, they're being terrorized by their kidnappers periodically, feelings are developing between Mal and Zach and last but not least Zach is given the truth of what is suppo
esda
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay, audiobook
plot what plot? :-/
This story left me with lots of questions and its protagonists with lots of unresolved problems.
It read more like a prequel than an actual story. There was too few actually *happening* and the protagonists spend most of the time chained in a cellar. I expected this part to be the starting point of the story and not the story itself.
Sad to say, I expected more of this story. The part in the cellar could have been shortened and the actual plot should have been about them

• Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1)
  • Take My Hand (Crescent Kingdom: Chambers Pack Book 2)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS, #5)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Who We Truly Are (Enhanced, #2)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • Gay for Pay (G-A-Y #4)
  • Best Love
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Finding Love: The Perfect Size for You
  • Lace (A Material World #1)
  • Blinded (Terrin Pass Pack #3)
Author writing LGBT suspense/paranormal stories. Interested in edgy situations, passionate relationships and dark story lines.

Also published as Klaudia Bara, Subjects include horror, fairy tales, and urban legends, often involving intense romantic/sexual relationships.