Start by marking “Due Diligence (Rachel Gold Mysteries #5)” as Want to Read:
Due Diligence (Rachel Gold Mysteries #5)

Due Diligence (Rachel Gold Mysteries #5)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Rachel is on top of the world. She has a wonderful new lover who likes to go to bed early and a full caseload in her flourishing St. Louis law practice. Nothing could seem less threatening to her state of personal bliss and professional prosperity than a phone call from a CPA named Bruce Rosenthal. But the straight-arrow accountant takes a brutal wrong turn on his way to a ...more
Published September 1st 1996 by Onyx (first published September 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Due Diligence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Due Diligence

Eric_W
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
“Due diligence. Utter that dull gray phrase around a pack of corporate lawyers and watch them leer. That’s because the final tab for the due diligence in a significant transaction will easily exceed ten million dollars. Those kinds of numbers enchant even the most somber of practitioners.”

The plot revolves around an accountant who was doing due diligence on a company before a merger could take place. Rachel had received a call from him explaining he needed her advice on some details of the merge
Kevin Lanahan
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, chick-lit
This is the second Rachel Gold mystery I've read, and one of three in the local library. While I may not be in a hurry to read the next one, I will look forward to it.

Like many popular mystery series, this has a strong female lead, a cast of off-beat friends, and a basic David-vs-Goliath story line. It's like going to a chain restaurant; you are there because you don't want surprises, you just want something predicable and comfortable.

While the book is formulaic with stock characters, I'm givi
John Sklar
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
I read this for a book club but I'm so glad I did. Rachel Gold and her friends are a delight. Michael Kahn has fashioned a complex yet totally understandable and believable thriller/mystery. A simple story woven with delightful characters. I really enjoyed the dialogue and the action. I may want to go back and read some more of the Rachel Gold mysteries. There are nine of them to date with several other books to his credit.
LJ
DUE DILIGENCE - VG+
Kahn, Michael - 4th in Rachael Gold series

In the wake of two murders, including those of her newest client and a beloved friend, attorney Rachel Gold investigates a pharmaceutical company with ties to a presidential candidate.

Very good. A bit technical at times, but very enjoyable.
Susie
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, st-louis, series
The mystery was good but my favorite part was the St. Louis setting and that he utilized multiple areas of the city (not just focused on the county). I will definitely read another one in this series!
Diana Eastwood
Nov 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Boring. I figured out whodunit half way through. It was too predictable and is now hopelessly outdated thanks to the internet. I can't believe this is a series.
Katharine Ott
"Due Diligence" - written by Michael A Kahn and published in 1995 by Dutton Adult. A fairly good mystery.
Cheri Mathisen
May 29, 2017
Cyber
Mar 31, 2016
Diana Eastwood
rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2014
Apr 29, 2013
Sylvia Tooker
Oct 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Pseudonym for Michael Baron.

Michael Kahn is a trial lawyer by day and an author at night. He wrote his first novel, GRAVE DESIGNS, on a challenge from his wife Margi, who got tired of listening to the same answer whenever she asked him about a book he was reading. "Not bad," he would say, "but I could write a better book than that." "Then write one," she finally said, "or please shut up." So he sh
More about Michael A. Kahn...

Rachel Gold Mysteries (9 books)
  • Grave Designs  (Rachel Gold Mysteries #1)
  • Death Benefits  (Rachel Gold Mysteries #2)
  • Firm Ambitions  (Rachel Gold Mysteries #3)
  • Sheer Gall  (Rachel Gold Mysteries #4)
  • Bearing Witness (Rachel Gold Mysteries #6)
  • Trophy Widow  (Rachel Gold Mysteries #7)
  • The Flinch Factor  (Rachel Gold Mysteries #8)
  • Face Value (Rachel Gold Mysteries #9)