Start by marking “Rajmund (Vampires in America, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rajmund (Vampires in America, #3)

Rajmund (Vampires in America #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  4,193 Ratings  ·  277 Reviews
RAJMUND GREGOR is a vampire . . . and the undisputed Master of New York City. He bows to no one but his Sire, Krystof, who is the Vampire Lord for the entire Northeastern U.S. Based in Buffalo, NY, Krystof is an old vampire—-too old, it would seem, because he’s slowly losing his mind. Summoned back to Buffalo by his Sire, Rajmund finds his master out of touch and rapidly w ...more
Published July 30th 2010 by ImaJinn Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Rajmund, please sign up.

Denisa
A pretty good story, nothing to be really giddy about but good enough to be glad I read it.

There were stuff that annoyed me, sometimes the heroin was an idiot (and you know how much I hate idiots) but well, the vamp was pretty cool and he made up for the sometimes stupid female.
Although I admit, I liked her a few times. Gah, I can't make up my mind, dunno if I liked her or not!

Another thing I can't decide about is the cliffhanger at the end. Dunno if it made me curious about the next book or if
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I. Love. This. Series...

And honestly, this is a great book. A fantastic addition to the series, and a more in depth look at this incredible world and its hierarchy. If the romance between Raj and Sarah had been more on than off, I'd have given this story 5 stars, without hesitation.

Blurb...
Jilly
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I really liked Raj.

However, the story lacked several thing. And it had things I hate like misunderstandings and interruptions as conflict.

Unfortunately the author didn't sell me on why Sarah didn't tell Raj about her dreams. This is life or death. As Raj is a vampire why wouldn't he believe in the supernatural. Secondly why Raj didn't just get the answers he needed. I get that he wanted consent but again it was life or death.

Also, we were told way too late that Raj felt Sarah was overly affected
MelissaB
This wasn't a bad book, I just liked the first two books better because I like the leads more. The leads in this one each annoyed me. The heroine kept secrets too long and acted TSTL sometimes, while the hero pushed the heroine away for too long. The story itself was decent.
Cynthia
May 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Vamp lovin' paranormal romance readers.

Reviewed at Bitten By Paranormal Romance

There was one thing I didn’t like about RAJMUND – the cover. Out came my trusty, imaginary pencil and presto….. Chris “Thor” Helmsworth. Aahh…much better.

Raphael and Cyn make a brief appearance in the beginning to meet with Rajmund (Raj) in NYC to take care of “business”. While they are there, Cyn wants to meet up with an old friend, Sarah, who is currently living in Buffalo. It’s during this NYC get-together when Sarah and Raj first meet and the sparks st
Saly
I didn't enjoy this book that much. I found Sarah stupid really, hiding who she was, being TSTL(too stupid to live) by going up against a vampire, blood-house and doing things when she was told it wasn't safe. I mean she acted like a child and had this attitude I'll do what I want to do. The hero was okay. Overall the story didn't work that well for me. Average.
La La
Sep 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mildly-erotic
I would have given the book five stars if it wasn't for the fact that I found the heroine a little on the annoying side. One she kept referring to herself as being shorter than everyone and the author kept stressing her shortness but at 5'4" she is actually average height. The heroine came across as someone with self esteem issue which kind of threw me since Cyn, from Raphael was such a strong, together character. I mean I didn't want the characters to be the same but I wish the heroine had a li ...more
edge of bubble
Do you know what makes me go ballistic? Sarahs of the world. Main twat or heroine whatever in this book was stupid, selfish, felt herself entitled while going on a pity party, weak and fake polite. Of course all the while everyone else was busy with with reassuring her how courageous and clever and loyal she was. Reading this book with her whiny voice in my head was a special kind of torture. I am done with this series and probably author also.
Duchess Nicole
Rajmund is the epitome of what a hero should be. He has such confidence in himself that there is no need for cockiness so often found in the typical alpha male hero in the majority of paranormal romance. He simply knows his abilities and cares for his people. When the book opens, he is not the master of his territory. But he and Raphael both know a showdown is looming, and they both know Rajmund will be the one to come out on top.

He meets Sarah when the two master vamps meet up. Cyn and Sarah a
Wendy
Jun 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, kindle
Another fantastic installment! Rajmund, blonde hair, blue eyed vampire? GRRRRRRR! Enough said, loved it!
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
First, I don't consider it a spoiler to warn that this book has a cliffhanger. The main story is complete, so it's not the most annoying kind, but it still leaves you hanging.

In Jabril Cyn teased her friend Sarah because she was leaving California to work as a professor in Buffalo, NY. Rajmund starts with Sarah's nightmare of a kidnapped girl. When Cyn forces her to come with her and Raphael to New York, she meets Rajmund, a powerful lieutenant of the Northeastern Vampire Lord Krystof. When she
valee
While everybody liked this book the most, I found it lacking.

I'm sorry but I didn't like any of the main characters. I stilled loved the plot, the way the story was written and everything else, but Rajmund and Sarah constantly pissed me off.
Sarah was this weak heroine, a school teacher who wasn't strong enough to do anything by herself. What's worst is that she tried, several times to show everybody else she wasn't like that and she just made EVERYTHING worse, EVERY TIME. I didn't like her at al
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**3.5 stars**

God, I just love this series! D.B. Reynolds is just on point with her writing. I could read her stuff all day and all night and not get sick of her stories.

I think the best part about this author is that she doesn't shy away from showing how vampires can be brutal. They don't release their enemies, they freakin' rip their heads off! These aren't squishy, fluffy vampires and I'm growing to love that more and more.

The only reason this isn't a solid 4 stars or higher is because Sarah
Aly is so frigging bored
Joint review with Maru
My rating: 5*

Our Sarah and Raj:

Maru: Hallo Peeps! We know you cant get enough of our reviews...so here we are yet again. Aly, you there? Ready to kick some review butt?
Aly: Yes! Maru, what did you think of Buffalo, NY?
Maru: Boring until Raj gets there. You?
Aly: Very strange name for a city :)). But as you said, when Raj gets there, interesting things start to happen
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Right now I'm like....

Or...

Because...

Now that I got that out of my system...

*****SPOILERS*****

This is the story of Raj...(no drooling on your screens pls):p

[image error]

And Sarah...

Sarah has been protecting her secrets her whole adult life but now they have come back to haunt her and she has to decide what is more important, keeping them or saving a young woman's life? Raj is a powerful Vampire with aspirations at becoming the Lord of his Sir's territory after the recent deterioration of Kryst
The BookChick
I listened to this audio today after reading the story two years ago. Although I thought the narrator could have done a bit better with Rajmund's voice, the story was awesome as it was reading it. I definitely recommend this entire series to anyone looking for a paranormal romance of the vampire variety.
D.B. Reynolds
Dec 03, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author, so I can't rate this one!
Danielle (Danniegurl)
RTC Review below but do we find out why there was (view spoiler) is that answered in the next book?

_____________

This was a really enjoyable book. I've been having a problem the past few months where books aren't keeping my interest and/or the writing isn't face paced or my type. Anyways this one was.

I pretty much went blind into this book. I didn't read the synopsis and I couldn't really remember the perimeters to
Fangs for the Fantasy
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
To be absolutely fair to D.B. Reynolds, I am going to say upfront that I am not a fan of paranormal romance. In terms of the Vampires in America Series, we have reviewed, Raphael and Jabril. In Rajmond, the protagonist changes from Cynthia to her friend Sarah. I wish I could tell you that this improved the already disastrous series.

Sarah is haunted by her past. As a young girl, when she began dreaming about women being abused and trying to help the police, her parents thought that she was crazy,
★¸. • * ° *  Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★
Love this series, Still kicking myself for not reading it back to back!!'

Rajmund and Sarah are so meant to be together, Great sexual tension all the way through, but you have totally got to be kidding me about the ending!!! It is going to take me a couple of days to get to Sophia's book and find out what the cliffhanger is about, but there is no Way I'm leaving it longer than that!

I have found a new book boyfriend in Rajmund, Sarah is one lucky girl! Jealous much!!

He returned to his perusal of
Gardavson
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved it! This is my favorite so far of the series. I love the wit in the writing. Obviously well thought out. The writing is full and flowing, the plot is fast paced, always forward moving. Loved the characters. The characters were so real and believable I feel they could actually exist. I love the males in this series. They are the perfect alpha characters finding the one person who reaches their heart. I like that they maintain their "alphaness" without turning into soft pushovers ...more
Julie
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Liked it well enough, and would have rated higher than 3 stars but Raj just pissed me off too many times. At times, he treated Sarah rather poorly with what he'd say or push her away "for her own good" without proper groveling esp considering all she'd had been through. I hate that bullshit from heros in stories..And esp at the end- WTFever is all I gotta say...That being said I like this series alot and glad to see more of Cyn and my man Raphael(now that's a hero) in the next one. One part of t ...more
Aleksa
Is it just me or this series just went down to ****. Again. First book - ok, I can survive some silly aspects. Second - wow, that was great! Thrid - wtf is this? I didn't pay for this!! I want my money back! Agrh!!

Why such high ranking I'm asking? What is it with you, people??
Jen
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reyonlds
Raj and Sarah

It started out strong but toward the end they both annoyed me. Sarah pulled a TSTL move and Raj with all the waffling. I want Raphael and Cyn back.
Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡

What the hell kinda ending was that?!
I swore I wasn't gonna read anymore but that ending! That bloody ending and now I'm so curious I'll end up picking the next book anyway. Bah!
Marulett
Joint review with Aly

Our Sarah and Raj:

Aly: Yes! Maru, what did you think of Buffalo, NY?
Maru: Boring until Raj gets there. You?
Maru: Yes, creepy things were happening, but Raj gets there and everything got SUPER interesting. What did you think of S
Cindy
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keepers
I liked the first book (Raphael) and I like this one even better. Rajmund was a ‘warmer’ person than Raphael but certainly not a teddy bear. Just as alpha but less powerful than Raphael, he is still a power to be reckoned with.

The setup was interesting with converging plot lines for both the hero and the heroine. Sarah is a human friend of Cyn’s (Raphael’s mate from books one and two) who has left sunny California for a teaching position in a Buffalo, New York university. And if teaching freshma
Suz
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, cliff-hanger
2.5 Stars.

The cons - like all the others this story ends with an epilogue that is really a lame-ass cliff hanger set up for the next book, ending with the groan worthy cheese of "to be continued." I heartily recommend skipping the epilogues unless you want to immediately begin reading the next book. All these books end this way.

There were several irritating tropes used in this book, irritating to me anyway. First, while the heroine is not too stupid to live, she does spend a considerable amount
 ~V~
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it

**4 1/2 stars**

I read books one and two back to back and although i enjoyed them, there was something that was missing for me, i liked Cyn and Raphael together but there just wasn't enough of them together!! There was more time spent on the police drama (and quite frankly, too much emphasis on what a tough bad-ass PI Cyn was) than on the romance/relationship between them. It was enough that i was seriously considering not continuing with this series.

I'm SO thankful that my OCD on giving up on a
  • Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within, #1)
  • Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Curse, #2)
  • Escape (Vampire King, #1)
  • Jonas (Blood and Sex, #2)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)
  • Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters, #1)
  • Hawk (Sons of Sangue, #2)

Vampires in America (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • Sophia (Vampires in America, #4)
  • Duncan (Vampires in America, #5)
  • Lucas (Vampires In America, #6)
  • Aden (Vampires in America, #7)
  • Vincent (Vampires in America, #8)
  • Deception (Vampires in America, #9)
  • Christian (Vampires in America, #10)
  • Lucifer (Vampires in America, #11)
“So that means you are almost old enough to be my grandfather." Raj laughed, Your great, great, grandfather, more likely, but whose counting?” 18 likes
“...Please tell me it's not like eighty degrees in Malibu."
"It's not. It's raining, which means the natives are convinced the end is near and are engaged in ritual auto pileups in an attempt to appease the angry gods.”
16 likes