Start by marking “Midnight Secretary, volume 1 (Midnight Secretary, #1)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Secretary, volume 1 (Midnight Secretary, #1)

Midnight Secretary, volume 1 (Midnight Secretary #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  7,561 Ratings  ·  154 Reviews
Kaya devient la secrétaire de Tohma Kyôhei, le talenyueux directeur adjoint d'une société d'art de la table. Cependant, la rumeur dit que ce dernier, malgré son talent, est un homme égoïste, arrogant et séducteur. Afin de montrer toues ses capacités à son nouveau patron, Kaya travaille dur, mais un soir, elle découvre son secret... ?! Le premier volume d'une fantastique ro ...more
Published January 27th 2010 by Soleil Productions (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Secretary, volume 1, please sign up.

Conina Not really. His character won't change much, even if he gradually starts to look at Kaya as a woman and not a mere human.
Yet I enjoy it 100% the way…more
Yet I enjoy it 100% the way it is.(less)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
This was my first manga, and it did not disappoint me! I was looking for Clockwork Angel Manga, came across this, and i am so glad that i bought it. I loved loved loved it! It was so funnny! But what happened after was i started craving the same story in details. So, i spent all night looking for a book with similar plot, Beautiful Bastard is the closest thing i could find, no vamp, tho. :(

Lexie
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gns-owned-read
All right guys let's keep a few things in mind: I read this before it was licensed way back in the day when it was fan translated. This is more accurately considered "Josei" then "shoujo" (which is kind of like the difference between "middle grade/young adult" and "New adult") and while this volume involves very little nudity succeeding volumes feature it pretty heavily (especially between the two main characters).

What does it take to be a "perfect" secretary? Kaya is determined to be such to Di
Heather *live on coffee and flowers*
Hmm. This was all right, but Kyohei was too much of an ass, berating Kaya's looks from the get-go and trying to make her change her style. Ugh. I didn't feel there was enough build-up in their relationship to warrant the way this volume ended, and the story itself was on the thin side. The art was nothing special either. I have volume 2 on hand though, so I may flip through it.
Noran Miss Pumkin
Alternate titles
"I neck with my tyrant boss"
"My boss is a vampire slut"
"hate my boss, but I let him drink my blood"

This manga title was on the shelf on one the manga groups I belong to-so I thought the cover art was interesting enough to check out. The ADULT ONLY ranking was covered in the first pages. Boss a vampire, boss a tyrant, boss is a male slut. When takes a girl out for dinner-she is the meal for him. Oh, but it is all good because-well he does not kill anyone, and they get the big "O"
Min Li Li
Konu süper,ah şu çizimlerde biraz daha iyi olsaydı manganın tadından yenmezdi. :D
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Kaya Satozuka prides herself on being an excellent secretary and a consummate professional, so she doesn’t even bat an eye when she’s reassigned to the office of her company’s difficult director, Kyohei Touma. He’s as prickly—and hot—as rumors paint him, but Kaya is unfazed…until she discovers that he’s a vampire!!

My Thoughts:

I've wanted to read this manga for years. Years ago when I first started reading manga, friends would mention this series from time to time, but I never read it be
Nadine
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satozuka is an industrious secretary who gets assigned a new boss, who is harsh and keeps "meeting" hot women in his office (there is a lot of moaning involved as Satozuka finds out soon. He also liked to work late and is allergic to the sun. She discovers soon that he is a vampire...

I liked the idea and the atmosphere but there wasn't much story in this first installment. And the way the female character is portrayed and treated grinds on my western nerves I guess. I will follow the series thou
Doğa
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Çizimler daha iyi olabilirmiş.
Bir de erkek karakterin yaptığı iş biraz daha havalı olmalıydı diye düşünüyorum.
Sofra Takımları Şirketi ne ya? :D
Nicis
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
VALE POR EL MANGA COMPLETO BC MUCHOS TOMOS.

Creo que me reí más de lo que tomé en serio la historia cada vez que la tipa decía que tenía que cuidar y conocer más que nadie a su jefe porque SOY SU SECRETARIA!!!!!¡¡¡¡!!!! Los primeros 3 tomos son mejores que todo el resto.
Estara
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy work place, slightly Harlequin contemporary paranormal romance
Shelves: manga, read-in-2012
General thoughts: I was very surprised to find this book in my local train station book store - the US hasn't had any of Tomu Ohmi's mangas licensed yet, and although this series was quite popular in scanlation circles I hadn't heard of a German license.

On closer perusal of the publishers this is a VIZ Europe division that has so far released Anime in German, and they are branching out into manga this year - with Midnight Secretary as one of the launch series. Other launch titles include Toriko,
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
I was happy, a little excited when I saw this at the library. First heard about this from where else, GR. Keep the suggestions coming. Anyway, I'm liking this type of trope, thanks to mostly well, TV Tropes and all that.

You got a boss that's a vampire, and a human that's his secretary. I did like the bickering between the two and that she stood her ground. Even if he seemed unlikable. Then of course there's the brother. Getting a vibe from him. And from what I learned from Stepping on Roses, we
Gina
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-read
Pure smut for me. What can I say? I have a guilty pleasure for asshole vampires even though every fibre in my being tells me not too. Sigh.

I read this super quick, and was left wanting to read the next few. While it's predictable for the first part I am curious to see where it leads me. From what I know of Manga, it doesn't always take me where I expect it.

I enjoy how stubborn - and I mean stubborn - Kaya is. From her keeping her glasses, her appearance and perseverance to prove her self in a
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
This is a traditional manga in terms of gender roles. Kaya, though she is intelligent, competent and has a bit of a temper at the end of the day she is subservient to the Director. She's ok with it, in fact she begins to live to be his secretary and the Director learns to be ok with it.

However, there is a twist to this Ugly Betty-like premise. The Director is a vampire and Kaya, well let's just say that Kaya's involvement becomes crucial to the Director and thus begins the saga of Midnight Secr
Starbubbles
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
What can I say about this book/series? Well, I can say that it's expensive to own since no one carries it and those who have it want lots of money for it. But, that doesn't say much about the story (or maybe it does, hmmm). It is mature, and makes that pretty much known from chapter one. Distasteful? No. For it's genre and what it is (let's face it, it's manga's version of a steamy romance novel), it's practically perfect.
Vina
I've read this manga for the first time when I was in high school.After so many years it's still one of my all time favorites.Gotta loove Kyouhei!!
Shannon
Read #1
Started on March 4, 2017
Finished on March 8, 2017

Spectacularly dumb and smutty paranormal romance, which is exactly what I was expecting. But it was fun, and the writing at least had some bite to it.
Jamie
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manwha
This was a cute manga where Kaya, a company secretary gets transferred to a new department where she finds herself working for Kyouhei, a company director, and son of the president. At first Kaya thinks her boss is a playboy with the ladies but soon learns he is actually a vampire who requires regular feedings.

Kaya tries to keep up the appearance of a very level headed secretary. Hardworking, glasses, hair in bun etc. But when she lets it all loose, she is quite cute and begins to get the Direc
Holly Letson
This volume definitely had its' moments, like Kyohei "bit" Kaya. But, it also dragged on at some points as well.
Much as I did enjoy the story and the little "secret" only being shared between Kaya and Kyohei, I did get tired of her constantly fantasizing about him and the ecstasy she felt when he "bit" her. As diligent as she is in her job, that was still getting in the way of her doing her work, especially when he started avoiding her near the end of this volume.
Not that I was unhappy with
Naj G
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, manga
If you like vamps,50 shades of grey and Harlequin novels and you had a geeky fantasy about Japan then this manga is for you !!. However this manga is not for anyone who is not into the previously mentioned things as well as twilight fans... sorry girls no Glittery vampires here. I really loved the Artwork and I want to reread the manga but in "Spanish" as am learning the language. I want to re-read it in Japanese as well but I know it will be really difficult as it won't include furigana since i ...more
atashida
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All in all, what I like about this series is that the main character has agency and strength. I'm into Kaya's pride in her work. While it would be lovely to have a female boss, considering Japan's corporate policies this is still a pretty good representation of a working woman to have. She's a secretary, but she is the /best/ secretary. Not an OL who's just working for something to do before she gets married.

She's also pretty good at telling her love interest "no" when she feels he's wrong.

Bookworm
he only has one weakness, and it's one no other vampire has. it's one that makes sense and one i can't state here because it would be a spoiler. he is different, he needs different things to survive and he isn't barbaric. he prides himself on being very refined and above all humans.
his secretary enjoys the pain he gives her when he bites her, which he does, not for pleasure, as with the others, but for need.
the rest of the story, so far, - volume two isn't released yet- is typical but i enjoyed
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
I came across this series completely bu chance, and I was wary at first because of its art. I'm usually very picky about my manga art, and this one seemed more old fashioned than what I like with the big popping eyes of the heroine. But I admit, by the time I reached the end of the first volume, I was very much smitten with it.

The art, as classic as it is, combined with the witty dialogue and likable characters, makes a fun story to read. The plot may not be the most original, but it still mana
Bookcrazy
juhuu, endlich mal ein Manga, der mir wirklich gefällt :) bis auf ihr Geheimnis irgendwie Clark-Kent/Cinderella-mäßig unglaubwürdig, aber unterhaltsam ;)

INHALT:
Kaya bekommt den Posten als Sekretärin des Unternehmensleiters Kyohei Toma, der sich schnell als arroganter, frauenverschleißender Miesepeter herausstellt. Eines Tages entdeckt Kaya jedoch sein Geheimnis - ihr Chef ist ein Vampir!

Jessica
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga

Like an old-school Harlequin* with a hard-working secretary and her alphahole vampire boss. Had a lot of fun reading it, and now resisting the urge to download scanlations.

*Actually, maybe it's like the current school of Harlequins, I haven't read them recently.
Estela
I'm a sucker for PRN romance and if it comes in manga format all the better. Bottomline? The storyline maybe isn't that original but it works and holds until the end.
Kudos to the mangaka for drawing so prettily.
Selena
I kind of like Kaya, but I can't say I'm all that fond of Kyohei.

I'll give it a second volume before I decide one way or another on it.
Rossy
Wow this series is seriously a keeper, i can't believe it's not licensed yet. Now this is a shoujo heroine i can deal with, so rare!
Lily Ableman
The main dude is kind of a douche-face, but the book was entertaining enough.
Nikki
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't read a lot of manga, but I would like to! I found this to be highly addicting. I will definitely be picking up more volumes of this. I need more manga recommendations like this!
Josei and Seinen ...: Midnight Secretary Discussion 9 15 Apr 11, 2014 01:14PM
  • Private Prince , Vol. 01
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
  • Love Celeb 1
  • Desire Climax, Vol. 1
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1
  • Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto, Vol. 01
  • Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Vol. 1
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 1 (Butterflies, Flowers, #1)
  • The Devil Does Exist, Volume 1
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • Wanted
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)
Ohmi sensei's first volume was Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou.
Likes: monsters, red tea, stamps, and beautiful ladies

Blood type : B
More about Tomu Ohmi...

Midnight Secretary (7 books)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 02 (Midnight Secretary, #2)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 03 (Midnight Secretary, #3)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 04 (Midnight Secretary, #4)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 05 (Midnight Secretary, #5)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 06 (Midnight Secretary, #6)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 07 (Midnight Secretary, #7)