Start by marking “Bunny Drop, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Bunny Drop, Vol. 3

Bunny Drop, Vol. 3 (Bunny Drop #3)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  1,343 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
As an impromptu dad to Rin, his late grandfather's illegitimate child, Daikichi Kawachi has experienced his share of firsts while caring for his little aunt (?). Now it's Daikichi's turn to battle the initial wave of separation anxiety as Rin leaves the nest... for her first day of elementary school! Rin's elementary school isn't the only place with new faces, either. Daik ...more
Published March 29th 2011 by Yen Press (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bunny Drop, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunny Drop, Vol. 3

Estara
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
This is the volume where Rin starts going to elementary school, so we get some lovely scenes there. There's a realisation from Daikichi about the bond and ties between Rin's father - his grandfather, his mother, himself and Rin.

We get to see a bit more of Rin's mother, who gives Daikichi some information he needs, we get to see Daikichi at his current workplace and the downsides and upsides of that - and Rin's friend and his mother visit the family.

Rin and Daikichi visit Rin's father's grave and
Hillary
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm still loving this book! It has the simplicity of Yotsuba&! and With the Light so the emotion really comes through. Daikichi is becoming a better father everyday because he works so hard at it. His interactions with other parents show how far he's come. Rin's mom also makes an appearance and I'm not sure how old she is but you can see she isn't ready to be a mom but she does regret letting Rin go. My new favorite thing is Daikichi messing up his hair when he gets frustrated! :-)
Susan
May 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: josei
It's fun to watch Daikichi learn to parent Rin. It kind of reminds me of those commercials for foster parents where they say you don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent--he's learning that the most important thing is caring for Rin and listening to her.
Arminzerella
Nicole
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, family_drama, josei
There was a lot to love in this volume. I loved seeing the family tradition of planting a commemorative tree, and the lengths that Daikichi went to in order to rescue Rin's own birth tree from his grandfather's former house. And it's great to see Rin developing her personality through her friendship with Kouki...and how Kouki and his mother are consistently becoming a more central part of Rin's and Daikichi's lives. And as always, it's impressive how atuned Daikichi is to Rin's emotional needs, ...more
Soobie's heartbroken
Questo manga continua ad essere di una dolcezza infinita. Non solo ritrae la crescita di Rin, che adesso frequenta la scuola elementare, ma anche la maturazione di Daikichi.

Ci sono parecchie scene in cui si vedono Rin e il suo amichetto Koki andare a scuola da soli, con la compagnia di un fischietto nel caso di pericolo. E ho visto con i miei occhi fruts che prendevano il treno da soli per tre fermate. Scendevano e via a casa. Cose che in Italia sarebbero impensabili. Quand'ero alle elementari c
Brandy
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
It's with only mild chagrin that I confess I liked this series so much I read it in scanlation. Defense: it looked touch-and-go there for a while, whether the publisher would release the rest of the series here in the US.
Aubrey Joy
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is seriously so cute. I know that a lot of manga is kind of violent, but this is just adorable. There isn’t much to the plot, but I want to keep reading. I think I might try to watch the anime because I’m enjoying the manga so much. I really enjoy the art style; it’s easy to follow and I like how Rin is portrayed...
Read more here!
Aubrey Joy
Child960801
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Life continues as Rin starts school and Diakichi tries to reconcile his choices with his work expectation. A visit to grandpa's grave involves a chance run in with Rin's mother, who is astonished that Rin is so big.

I continue to enjoy this series. It seems like Japanese work culture is pretty hard on families.
Heidi Burkhart
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting series because so many nuances of Japanese society today come to light. Of course, it is primarily entertaining.
Farah A
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is basically where the anime ended (except for 1-2 incidents). The anime is true to the manga so weren't much surprise there. Looking forward to the rest of the series, although I've been told not to read the high school chapters. Let's see! ☺ ...more
Amy Keeley
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This series keeps getting better and better. Rin (now in first grade) continues to become more outspoken, saying what she thinks and feels in a way that's very refreshing when compared to where she started, yet still as sweet and thoughtful as ever. Daikichi continues to learn about taking care of a child and I love how he's not really a dad to her, but more of a (very much older) big brother. He acts like a kid himself sometimes, though having Rin around has definitely changed him for the bette ...more
S. J.
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Library; Series
My gosh I LOVE this series!

More of just the day to day struggles and happiness Daikichi and Rin face as they create a life together. Everything from learning how school works, to issues with work, to visiting the grave of his grandfather who is Rin's father; this is not a story of big events but the small ones that make life meaningful. That's why I love it so much.

We also get a closer look at Rin's mother and some of her motivations and how she is struggling with and paying for her decision.

Ri
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
I really loved this volume after the setup feel of volume 2. This one seemed to have all the special moments and scenes! By the end Daikichi has had Rin for a year, she's in first grade and he can put her hair up in pigtails.

So first day of school fears, tree plantings for remembrances (such a cool idea) and fun with that crazy Koichi! Plus some co-worker hi-jinks.

I just love Daikichi's slow evolution into a parent and how it bothers him Masako doesn't love Rin more. I love how he took advantage
Monique
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Nothing significant really happens in this volume. Mostly it's character development and more lovely moments. Despite that, I'm still hooked. I really love this series.

Masako does make another appearance. I enjoy Unita's efforts to make her a complicated character with understandable motives, even if she's hard to like.

Daikichi's awkward encounter with a new worker highlights the difficulties he now faces meeting women while caring for a child.

Rin is showing herself to be a smart, sensitive c
quinnster
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was endearing to see how worried Daikichi was to let Rin walk to school without him. Of course she was with Kouki who proved himself to be quite the protector! I really hope something happens with Nitani, Kouki's mom because I just think she's the sweetest and perfect for Daikichi. Masako's still quite the mystery. Part of me wants her just to go away because I don't want her to threaten what Daikichi and Rin have, but the other part of me wants Rin to know and love her mother.

Such a soap ope
Thomas Andrikus
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rin Kaga and Daikichi have their one year anniversary in this volume. There have been plenty of improvements in the relationships...not just between the girl and her adoptive parent, but also between Daikichi and Nitani (Kouki's mother) and between Run and Kouki.

Only two volumes have passed since the story started, but the character improvements have gone quite far. The mangaka Yumi Unita is truly gifted!
Lara
This one dragged a little for me, but I still like this story a lot so far. In this volume Daikichi deals with the stress of letting Rin walk to school with Kouki now that they're in first grade--a year has gone by already! He also speaks with Rin's mother again, and we start to see a little more of her personality and her true feelings about Rin. This series is just...nice. And sweet. For now, anyway...
Wing Kee
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Review to come after series completion, volume notes to follow:

1) Good character development once again with Daikichi and Rin
2) Good look into Japanese culture in terms of work and family
3) Interesting look at the roles Husbands and Wives have in families
4) I still am not feeling any sympathy for Rin's mum, but I know the turn is coming...
Miss
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Still great! In this volume Rin starts elementary school and we learn a bit more about her mother. I find her intriguing and I'm hoping we'll get more information about her relationship with Daikichi's grandpa. It seems like he knew her very well, his assessment of her has been quite accurate so far. 4.5 stars
Shanna Hurd
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The story of Daikichi and his adopted daughter continued in this volume 3. In this volume, Rin starts first grade, and the pain mark the year mark for grandpa's death (and the pair first meeting) by going to grandpa's grave.
Breanne
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
More love. Not only do I like the content, but I also like the illustrations (even though it's weird that when people are mad they have pointy teeth. :). The little girl is so pretty, she reminds me of Jane.
Brian
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
In the third installment of this series, our reluctant father meets the mother of Rin who turns out to be not how he expected. He also deals with her going to school, as well as a possible romance with the mother of one of Rin's best friends. The story is just cute and the art is very well done!@
Sara
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Honestly... I think this manga is pretty boring. :\
I love the anime. It's beautiful and touching.
But the manga so far is just dull...
I'm going to try to continue reading it, though, because I know the ending is different (and weird!).
Beckiezra
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
The memorial trees were sweet. The part where Kouki tried to protect Rin from the "stranger" had me rolling, I had to put the book down. I hope Kouki can get into a Rin's homespun, his teacher is terrible for him.
Cassandra
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute little series!! My only complaint is that it has some unwelcome language. But the story of a little girl being adopted by a single man and how they grow into a loving family is fantastic!
Emily
Why I picked it up: Continuing the series

This continues to be a cute series about a single man raising his grandfather's illegitimate child. It's very sweet and touching.

Contains: nothing objectionable

Reading Challenges: YA-MA Finish What You Started
Kristine Hansen
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh my....everything gets more complex. I'm starting to like Rin's mother and I don't want to!
Julie
Rin begins first grade with her friend Kouki, and Daikichi begins to understand the combination of worry and pride that work colleague have for their children. :)
Snow
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
reviewing for No Flying No Tights
  • Cross Game 5 (Cross Game, #10-11)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 07
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #7)
  • Bakuman, Volume 3: Debüt und Ungeduld
Japanese Name (宇仁田ゆみ)

Yumi Unita was born in Mie Prefecture on May 10th, 1972. In 1998, she debuted with "VOICE" in Hakusensha's Young Animal. Since then, she has worked in many genres, having her works featured in seinen, josei, and shounen magazines.
More about Yumi Unita...

• Bunny Drop, Vol. 5
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 6
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 7
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 8
  • うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop, #9)
  • うさぎドロップ 10 番外編 (Bunny Drop, #10)