Start by marking “A Handbook of Traditional Living” as Want to Read:
A Handbook of Traditional Living

A Handbook of Traditional Living

A Handbook of Traditional Living consists of two texts originally published by the Italian cultural organisation Raido, translated here for the first time: The World of Tradition and The Front of Tradition. The first is a comprehensive summary of the principal ideas of Julius Evola. The esoteric history of the world, the nature of the Primordial Tradition, and the crisis o ...more
Published May 17th 2010 by Arktos Media Ltd (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about A Handbook of Traditional Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Handbook of Traditional Living

Jacob Senholt
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
An excellent introduction to the 'world of Tradition', with all that it includes, such as the view of symbolism, hierarchy, duty, honour, ages of the world, decline of the West etc.

A primer for people who do not dare to tackle Julius Evola's 'Revolt Against the Modern World'. Finally it also contains instructions on how to LIVE the traditional life, with a detachment to the result of your actions.

The only failure in this book is that it is way too short to adequately deal with the issues raised
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: wpww
"Guidelines for life as an individual living in detachment from modernity,"

"What differentiates us from the enemy is our style: the possession of a genuine character and inner discipline." - Unknown (Introduction, Pg.xiv)

"The term 'metaphysics' (deriving from Greek meta = 'beyond' + physis = 'nature') is used to describe that which is situated beyond what is visible and merely human:" - Raido (A Handbook Of Traditional Living, Pg.09)

"It is said that amazons used to amputate their right breast in
Frederik Vandelannoote
This book is the ideal primer if you are not very acquainted with Traditionalism yet since it deals with all the basic foundations its build on. Its very condensed and a pleasant read. The added value of this book can be found in the second part which deals with living the Traditional way in practice. The only reason that I only rate it 3 starts is that the book is to small - for militants this will be more an asset - but for me there was to little room for more in dept dealing with some topics.
James Andersen
This book is a mixed bag to me first its short and to the point which I love and I love how the book comes off as Polarizing but theres things that I agree with (and when I agree I agree strongly), theres things that I disagree with (and when I disagree I come with a bit of recoil, perhaps its me being a Catholic, pride or perhaps its just a question of learning from 20th Century).

Luckily theres much in the book that can be integrated for a Practicing and Traditional Catholic, since this type o
Thom Willis
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Largely neopagan gnostic weirdo garbage.
Zeref Troussi
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
مقدمة صغيرة لعالم التقليد
يشمل الكتاب ملخص أغلب الأفكار التقليدية ويقدم طريقة للعيش وفقها رغم عدم تفرعه ومناقشته لهذه الأفكار بشكل مفصل إلا أنه يبقا مدخل جيد لفهم التقليد.
Samsid

• Beyond Human Rights
  • Archeofuturism
  • Revolt Against the Modern World
  • Generation Identity ‒ A Declaration of War Against the '68ers
  • For My Legionaries (the Iron Guard)
  • The Doctrine of Fascism
  • The Myth of the Twentieth Century
  • The Politics Of Prudence
  • A Political Philosophy: Arguments for Conservatism
  • I'll Take My Stand: The South and the Agrarian Tradition (Anniversary)
  • On Pain
  • The Crisis of German Ideology: Intellectual Origins of the Third Reich
  • Imperium
  • The Machiavellians: Defenders of Freedom
  • Might is Right
  • Reflections on Violence
  • Can Life Prevail?
“To identify oneself today as a man of Tradition is to be committed to the transmission of the received heritage for the benefit of future generations.” 4 likes
“What differentiates us from the enemy is our style: the possession of a genuine character and inner discipline.” 1 likes