Start by marking “Thank You, God, For Mommy” as Want to Read:

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Mommies do so much for us!It’s time to thank God for the blessing they are.

In this adorable board book,a little panda thanks God for his wonderful mommy—a mommy who gives hugs and cuddles,who takes great care of him, and most importantly, who offers love and guidancefor her precious panda cub.

And lullabies so sweet—
The beating of her great,big hea
Board Book, 20 pages
Published April 4th 2011 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Thank You, God, For Mommy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You, God, For Mommy

Kathleen Baldwin
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very Sweet! Gave it to my daughters as a gift on mother's day. Enjoyed reading it to the babies at our house.
Bree
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing

I got an ARC copy of this book through a galley grab, e-book style...but honestly, now I'm going to have to go buy it!

First off, lets talk pictures! I just love love love the illustrations in this book. They are so sweet and they go right along with the narrative. When my daughter (four) and I were reading it, she would ask me what they were doing in the picture. I would tell her to listen to what I was reading, which explains the pictures, and then we would di
Melissa Roach
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Description:
In this adorable board book, a little panda thanks God for his wonderful mommy—a mommy who gives hugs and cuddles, who takes great care of him, and most importantly, who offers love and guidance for her precious panda cub.

And lullabies so sweet—
The beating of her great, big heart
Sings me right to sleep.

The love and sacrifices of mothers everywhere will be celebrated by mother and child as they snuggle up together and say Thank You, God, for Mommy

My thoughts
Cheryl Olson
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Thank you God for Mommy, by Amy Parker is a wonderful book filled with the message of a mother’s unconditional love for her child. The author touches on all the wonderful qualities a Godly mother possesses by showing the Mother and Child (Panda Bears in this instance) in lots of different classic mother/child situations. With darling illustrations of a mother Panda bear with her child, you see them swinging on swings in one moment and the mother holding her child tight in the next moment when s/ ...more
Karie Hall
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Thank You God, For Mommy is a board book recommended for ages 1-3. This book teaches children to show gratitude for mom, reminds kids of all moms do for them, teaches kids how to pray to God, and offers sweet, beautiful childs eye catching as well as adults illustrations. Mommies do so much for us! It’s time to thank God for the blessing they are. In this adorable book, a little panda thanks God for his wonderful mommy—a mommy who gives hugs and cuddles, who takes great care of him, and most imp
Courtney
Apr 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
The illustrations were the best part of this book. They depict a mother and baby panda spanning both pages with verse on one page. They have a watercolor look. I was confused by the half page of a monkey family, though, because every other page is just the pandas. It seemed like it was thrown in for no apparent reason.

I did not care for the verse. Some of the rhymes didn't have the rhythm of the rest of the verse as if the author was just fitting in a rhyme for rhyme's sake. The best verse of t
Countrygirl_TN
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story! It tells of the special little thing that mothers can do to mean so much to their children.
We learn through the prayers of the young that actions can really show a child how we feel about them. Things such as caring, being patient, fixing boo boos, simple interactions and playing together can show them how much they're loved. I think the purpose of this story is to show parents that simple little gestures can make a true difference in a child's life. If you are a mommy, you s
Marie Phelps
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: infant through preschool
What a cute little book! This book is about a little panda bear who thanks God for his mommy through 4 line poems. On each page, there are colorful illustrations to go along with each phrase. An entertaining book for infant through preschooler to read and enjoy with Mommy. The cute rhymes are easy for young ones to memorize and repeat. I highly recommend this book and it’s counterpart: Thank You God, for Daddy. They make excellent gifts for the little ones in your life, or for gifts for new pare ...more
Jenny Rose
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Thank You, God, for Mommy by Amy Parker is a cute picture book that illustrates the various ways moms can care for and show love to their children. A panda bear and her cub star as the rhyming text reminds the reader to be thankful for all that mommies do.

Most of the text flows smoothly and highlights enough different roles that I think everyone will be able to relate. I especially liked the illustration on the last page of a very touching interaction between momma and cub.

I received this book f
Ruth
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
My Comments:
This is a short book--only ten two-page spreads, each of which shows a baby panda and his mommy in some situation of daily living, with him thanking God for something she does, like kissing boo-boos, being patient with messes, turning frowns upside-down and more. Written with rhythm and rhyme it is the type of thing I like to read aloud. While a little simplistic for my six year old, I think it would be ideal for a three to five year old. Grade: B+

I was granted access to a digital ga
Rachel
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ran across this book (as well as the one "for Daddy") while at my favorite local grocery store (WinCo Foods). Started reading through them and got teary eyed, just had to buy them.

Both my toddler and I love these books. She asks to read them before both nap and bed time. Love the words, beautiful artwork, and wonderful message! I'll be looking for more by this author and illustrator!
Mymcbooks
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great Mother’s Day gift. I bet every mother would love to hear these words read by their child. The illustration shows the playful moments between a Mother and her child with love, care, protection and trust. The pictures are adorable with each page starting with “Thank You, God for Mommy.

I highly recommend this book.

Karen
Apr 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Like the Thank you, God For Daddy book this one focuses on Mommies and all they do to help not only there own but those around them. It shows this little cub what it means to be a Mommy. Nicely illistrated and a comforting book for children.
Neveen Badr (Seraphina Reads)
So poetic book and wonderful even for a baby or an adult; this book makes you remember how Mommies are God's gifts for us, Thank God for My MUM.
I also love the illustrations which makes me want to buy the orignal copy because my Galley won't stay forever :( ...
Beth
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
This is a sweet book for mother's to read to their children and certainly nice for mother's day. It is a thankful tale for mother, love and God.
Eva
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My review is posted on my blog at:

Pamela
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

A really sweet bedtime story for my 9 month old granddaughter. Of course she does try to chew on my kindle. Just a word of warning
Rachel
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Very sweet- follows a panda and his mommy through the joys and trials of motherhood. My kiddos love to read it!
Maria
Dec 21, 2016
RavenBear
Dec 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Amy Parker has written more than twenty books for children, teens, and adults, including the best-selling A Night Night Prayer , Thank You, God, for Mommy, and Thank You, God, for Daddy. She has also collaborated with authors ranging from New York Times bestsellers to her very own son. Most importantly, she is a wife to Daniel and a mom to their amazing sons, Michael and Ethan.
More about Amy Parker