Start by marking “Highland Heat (Highlander, #3)” as Want to Read:
Highland Heat (Highlander, #3)

Highland Heat (Highlander #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  1,339 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
With the fate of king and country in their hands, they are each other's only hope...

Ruined, betrayed and banished...

As brave as she is impulsive, Deidre Chattan's tendency to follow her heart and not her head has finally tarnished her reputation beyond repair. But when powerful Highland Laird Quinton Cameron finds her, he couldn't care less about her past—it's her future h
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Highland Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Heat

A Lot like Love by Julie JamesThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLeanCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
2011 Romance
393 books — 828 voters
Never Love a Highlander by Maya BanksIn Bed with a Highlander by Maya BanksHighlander Most Wanted by Maya BanksSeduction of a Highland Lass by Maya BanksA Kiss for a Highlander by Jane Godman
Men In Kilts
147 books — 94 voters

More lists with this book...

ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
Neden sürekli mükemmel başlayıp mükemmel karakterle sahip olup sonlara doğru felakete sürüklenen romancelar okuyorum. Neden.
Bak hastayım zaten üf.
Yazıcam.
Lover of Romance
In Highland Heat, we have a continuation of book two. The heroine of our story is Deirde, the older sister that thought she was loved, but her lover was only using her with broken promises and left her with a broken heart. Deirde was sent to service to the Church. Even though she is not content like her other sister is at the Nunnery, she is satisfied with hard work and spending time with her sister. Deirde is a woman who is ashamed of her past and wants to bring honor to her family’s name to ma ...more
Elaine
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Yeah, I didn't much like this one. I expected much more.
Not much drama, just little arguments between the hero and heroine which were really very petty (at least on her part) and didn't really create much tension, they just annoyed me. Nothing really left me on the edge of my seat. I was so intrigued and excited when I read the plot but the book just didn't live up to it and disappointed me.
Deidre, our heroine, showed so much potential in the beginning, she was courageous and witty but then she
Kathleen
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Make that a 4 1/2 because even though I loved this book I can't say that it was amazing and would only recommend this book to those of you have have liked/loved Mary Wine previous book's.

Mary Wine can be hit or miss for me, and I can say Highland Heat was a big hit for me. The story grabbed me from the start and had me not wanting to stop reading. For me there was not a dull moment in the story. I liked both the H&h in this book and of course the love scenes where very hot.

Sandy M
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Finally Quinton and Deirdre’s book. I’ve wanted their story since that first spark - and snarl - in Highland Hellcat. Deirdre is shamed and banished, Quinton is laird and arrogant, both so different from Connor and Brina in their book. Still full of spirit, bravado, and adventure, Deirdre is determined to make things right with her father, while Quinton is equally determined to have her, even though he’s not quite sure why. He’s about to find out.

Having come to terms with her penance - long, bac
Terra
Dec 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This story was richly delicious and one that I could read again and again. Our characters are perfectly pitted for each other and the heat they throw off is volcanic in proportions. Is it no wonder that Highlander's are a tough breed!

Deidre Chattan is headstrong, willful, quick to temper and distrustful. Having been betrayed once leaving a stain of shame on her family she is off the the nunnery in no time at all. Just her luck the Scottish Queen shows up as she is in flight from the men who mean
Hecsania Michelle Michelle
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-very-best
Having just read Mary Wine's lasted book Highland Vixen released February 2017 and recalling all the sensations her words are able to conjure in me I felt the overwhelming need to go back and re-read my, until this day, favorite of her Highlander's of them all, Quinton Cameron, Earl of Liddell. I read this book back in 2011. The man is everything I look for when reading highlander stories: dark, tall, blue eyes, arrogant and crude. He takes what he wants!!!! I loved him so much.

The attraction b
Clarice
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deidre Chattan has a tendency to follow her heart. From the moment Quinton sets eyes on Deidre Chattan, rational thought vanishes, for in her eyes he sees a fiery spirit that matches his own, and he'll be damned if he'll let such a wild Scottish rose wither under the weight of a nun's habit. banding together, Deidre and Quinton to protect King and crown from others who would snatch the power for themselves. Finding a true love and passion for them both with each other.
Ing
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Highlander romance novels
My Synopis:

Deidre Chattan has been banished from her home. Deidre's father had contracted a marriage between Laird Lindsey and Deidre. The match would have strengthen her clans place in the highlands. Since Deidre broke the contract by giving her innocence to Melor Douglas her father has given her dowry to the convent and has banish her to said convent to punish her. Deidre is angry that she gave her innocence to Melor since he was using her and angry that she let her father and clan down. She w
Booklover1335
Mar 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, 2011-march

Highland Heat is the third book in Mary Wine’s Highland Trilogy and features the love story of Deirdre Chattan whom we meet in the first book of this series, To Conquer a Highlander.

Our heroine, Deirdre, is a naturally passionate and feisty woman…a strong woman, proud of her Highland heritage, who succumbed to the deceitful seduction of a man who promised her marriage, but her villainous lover’s real intentions were only to use her as a tool of revenge against his rival and enemy in To Conquer a
Joelle
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ruined, betrayed, and banished…

As brave as she is impulsive, Deidre Chattan’s tendency to follow her heart and not her head has finally tarnished her reputation beyond repair. But when powerful Highland Laird Quinton Cameron finds her, he could care less about her past—it’s her future he’s about to change forever…

But it’s never too late for redemption…

From the moment Quinton sets eyes on Deidre Chattan, rational thought vanishes, for in her eyes he sees a fiery spirit that matches his own and he
Regan Walker
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Superb Steamy Scottish Romance!

This is the third in Wine's 15th century Highlander series (TO CONQUER A HIGHLANDER, HIGHLAND HELLCAT and HIGHLAND HEAT), and though all are good, I believe it is the best. To me it stands out from the other two and finishes the trilogy perfectly. I will definitely read it again.

HIGHLAND HEAT tells the story of Quinton Cameron (Earl of Liddell, laird of the Camerons and a friend of Conner Lindsey), and Deirdre Chattan, ruined sister of Conner's wife, Brina--all who
Sandra
Jun 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Oh Mary Mary, is this how is going to be from now on? Because to be honest I didn't like it..I quite cannot understand yet, how can such promising plot and characters be so misused and wasted.

-The heroine, who in the begining, shows courage and wit turns into a weakling that can't move a finger against the imprisonment she is forced under, but stands up against the man she "love" for the more stupids things in awesome childish tantrums. I ended up wondering if she was developing a bipolar disord
Karen
Jul 14, 2011 rated it liked it
There's no questioning the "Heat" part of this title-- the author certainly packs in a lot of it.

The back and forth between hellion Deirdre Chattan, a "fallen" laird's daughter who is trying to forge her own future by aiding the Scottish queen, and the laird Quinton Cameron, who seeks the queen for his own political reasons, is fiery and amusing. I liked the way Scottish politics (including Queen Joan's remarriage) and the society of the clans was woven into the story. I appreciated the respect
Seawood
So yes, I have a soft spot for a Highland fling, and Mary Wine in particular. This is a nice series: the characters are lusty but thoughtful, too, and you don't want to scream and throw your Kindle across the room because they do incredibly stupid things. All I would have asked for in this is perhaps 1-2 less bonking scenes and a bit more politics to really consolidate the setting and historical detail, but I appreciate that's a personal preference. I'm also not fond of (view spoiler) ...more
Annie Marshall
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Out of all the heroes that Mary Wine has written about, "Highland Heat's" Quinton Cameron has to be my favorite!

We all want to be loved and cherished. We love those sweet stolen kisses that make us sigh, but deep down inside, we crave that raw, primal passion that curls our toes. Quinton delivers all of that and then some for his "Hellion" complete with a broken bed!

Another phenomenal read, Ms. Wine! I look forward to reading the rest in the "Highlander" Series!

p/s. I have to wonder if Ms. Wine
Becca {{Lady Kilt Chaser}}
*swoon*

It's not a big secret I love my Highlanders...and I LOVED Quinton. and Deirdre was the perfect match for him. And I felt that I could relate with her and her wants/needs.

Quinton is everything I've ever wanted in a man, always honest even if it's not quite the "right" answer, up front about what he's feeling even if it's still not quite the "right" answer. Deirdre cared for him deeply but he thought he could not feel the same way and told her as such, even as that pushed her away from his
Yolanda
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved it. I've been waiting forever for this book to be discounted so I could read it. Diedra n Quinton show up in her sisters book but it could be a standalone book. I loved their sexual tension and then the fights were great. They were great together, I liked you also got caught up on the sister that became a nun. I wanted a ending to the twins. That was my only thing I really would of liked.
Hopefully Mary Wine could do a novella.
I also would if like a cameo from Brina and Connor.
Nicole Laverdure
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan Of Mary Wine and have read her books "To conquer a Highlander"and "Highland Hellcat", then you must read this one . "Highland Heat" is the most breathtaking of them all. It is beautifully written. Wonderful story of the impulsive Deirdre and the powerfull Quinton, Highland Laird. You will fall in love with 2 characters who discover that they have passion for each other. Romance, intrigue and steamy sex scenes. I loved this scottish romance !
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Deidre is not happy in the convent, so when the Queen of Scotland asks for her help she jumps at the chance for wealth, freedom, and the opportunity to help the Queen escape to her love. Quinton has been chasing down the Queen, and catches Deidre instead. She may have some of the same looks as the Queen, but he knows she's not and falls in love. Kidnappings, escapes, and big decisions follow these two on their way to love. Good read!!
Samie Kauchis
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I should Snarl before writing this review, but that's okay. Snarling was (again) over done in this book, but the main female char was actually tolerable! I really hope more books are added to this series. I think there's at least two more potential storylines I'm quite interested in seeing... Though they could be tied up in one book...
Maggie Spry
Aug 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fantastic read. One of my favorite scenes derives from this book... Quintin and Deirdre break the bed in her chamber, so he wraps her in his kilt and carries her to his chamber with his bare arse hanging out for all his clan to see! Too cute. Best book in the series so far.
Anne Dart
Aug 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Good story line but the book was filled with many distracting grammatical errors in the narrative portions: "sit" and "sat" for "set, "beginning to seeing", etc. I find those to be jolting interruptions in the story.
Angie Outland
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. Mary Wine is a new discovery for me, and I am glad I took and chance to try her books. For the person who enjoys reading any stories about Highlanders, I recommend this book. Lots of romance and action. A good read.
Highland-dreamer
I've enjoyed each book in the series!
Stacy
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love it and ready to read more of Mary Wine! Grabbed me and kept me!
Mitzi
I like this series and enjoyed this story too. Not great, but pretty good.
❆ Crystal ❆
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: g-highlanders
4 stars. I liked this book very much! I would read again.
Dianne Salzwedel
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
3rd scot daughter finds someone who will take her tainted
Rebecca
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this was book 3 of the series. It was put together really well so I wasn't lost. I really really really have a thing for men in kilts now!!!
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Temptation in a Kilt (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #1)
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • The Sinner (The Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel (Highland Warriors, #2)
  • Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #4)
  • Lord of the Black Isle (Black Douglas #3)
  • Sins of the Highlander
  • Claimed by the Highlander (Highlander, #2)
  • Highland Dragon
  • The Recruit (Highland Guard, #6)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
  • Highland Master (Scottish Knights Trilogy #1)
207379
Mary Wine has written over twenty novels that take her readers from the pages of history to the far reaches of space. Recent winner of a 2008 EPPIE Award for erotic western romance, her book LET ME LOVE YOU was quoted “Not to be missed…” by Lora Leigh, New York Times best-selling author.

When she’s not abusing a laptop, she spends time with her sewing machines…all of them! Making historical garment
More about Mary Wine...

Highlander (3 books)
  • To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)