Start by marking “The Silverwing Trilogy (Boxed Set): Silverwing; Sunwing; Firewing” as Want to Read:
The Silverwing Trilogy (Boxed Set): Silverwing; Sunwing; Firewing

The Silverwing Trilogy (Boxed Set): Silverwing; Sunwing; Firewing (Silverwing #1-3)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  319 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
From his quest to prove himself to his Silverwing bat colony to his journey into the Underworld to save his son, Shade's life has been a series of thrilling and dangerous adventures. Now Shade's many fans can follow his journeys once again in this handsome boxed set.Books in this set include:

"Silverwing

Sunwing

Firewing"
Boxed Set, 844 pages
Published August 23rd 2005 by Aladdin Paperbacks (first published October 16th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Silverwing Trilogy (Boxed Set), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silverwing Trilogy (Boxed Set)

NSAndrew Liebergen
Shade is a young Silverwing bat, the runt of his colony. But he's determined to prove himself on the long, dangerous winter migration to Hibernaculum, millions of wingbeats to the south. During a fierce storm, he loses the others and soon faces the most incredible journey of his young life. Desperately searching for a way to rejoin his flock, Shade meets a remarkable cast of characters: Marina, a Brightwing bat with a strange metal band on her leg; Zephr, a mystical albino bat with a strange gif ...more
Chino D
Nov 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves adventure books
Sunwing, by Kenneth Oppel, was the adventure of a silverwing bat named Shade. Shade was the runt of his colony, and had a best friend named Miressa. In this book, Shade travels across the harsh earth to find his father who left the colony before Shade could remember him. There was a problem though: owls and cannibal bats. The owls and bats were at war with each other because of the cannibal bats. The cannibal bats attacked owls, and the owls didn't understand that those same bats ate and killed ...more
Jaralee
Jun 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent set of books that I read aloud to my elementary aged boys. They loved the excitment and adventures of Shade, a Silverwing bat. This is the first time while reading to my boys, that I felt compelled to read ahead - because the story was so well written and exciting. I recommend the series even if you don't have any boys to read it to. It's a great and fun read, and you learn a lot about bats.
Shaina
Mar 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Silver wing and sunwing just made me keep asking for more...oh and they made me save a little bats life....but thats a whole nother story! lol...anyways...highly recommed both...also in the eyes of animals...haven't read fire wing...don't plan on it...its about when hes in hell, totally not cool! ;(
Kari
Mar 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
These are by far my favorite read aloud series as a teacher and one of my favorite books personally. The characters are well-developed, the plot is engaging and you can't put it down. I NEVER thought I would learn to love bats so much. Got this author to write to my 4th-grade class. Way cool!!
David
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
You have to read this sereis
Gumby
Feb 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-high-school
Of course, I really like anthropomorphic fiction anyway, but these three novels are written so beautifully that it is unusually outstanding and difficult to put down.
Michael
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
great novel. I love it
Erika
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved these!
Natalie Beck
Silverwing, Sunwing, and Firewing are wonderful books where the characters are bats. I read these books again and again. This Trilogy easily makes my top three list.
  • Selkie Girl
  • Dear Julia
  • Project Sweet Life
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • Wrong Number
  • Things That Are (Things, #3)
  • The Waterstone
  • Shadows Over Balinor (Unicorns of Balinor, #8)
  • Fortress
  • The Wind on Fire Trilogy: The Wind Singer/Slaves of the Mastery/Firesong
  • Leonardo da Vinci
  • The Yanks Are Coming: The United States In The First World War
  • Modern Disciples: Volume 1
  • Chance Fortune and the Outlaws
  • Ash Magic (Kirean Magic, #1)
  • African Dawn (African Sky #2)
  • The Lost Years of Merlin Saga (The Lost Years of Merlin, #1-5)
  • How to Ruin Your Life By 30: Just Follow These 9 Easy Steps!
I was born in 1967 in Port Alberni, a mill town on Vancouver Island, British Columbia but spent the bulk of my childhood in Victoria, B.C. and on the opposite coast, in Halifax, Nova Scotia...At around twelve I decided I wanted to be a writer (this came after deciding I wanted to be a scientist, and then an architect). I started out writing sci-fi epics (my Star Wars phase) then went on to swords ...more
More about Kenneth Oppel...

Silverwing (4 books)
  • Darkwing (Silverwing, #0.5)
  • Silverwing (Silverwing, #1)
  • Sunwing (Silverwing, #2)
  • Firewing (Silverwing, #3)