Start by marking “Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4)” as Want to Read:
Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4)

Untamed Highlander

(Dark Sword #4)

The Dark Sword series reins in the magic, passion, and fury of Scotland’s legendary warriors—for whom love is always worth fighting for…

DEVIL IN THE FLESH

Druid-born and magic-blessed, Isla is one of the deadliest she-devils ever to serve the forces of darkness. As an immortal Highland warrior, it’s up to Hayden Campbell to destroy her and her kind. But for Hayden, Isla is
Published May 2011 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Untamed Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untamed Highlander

Sammy Loves Books
Druid-born Isla is one of the deadliest she-devils ever to serve the forces of darkness. Immortal Highland warrior, Hayden Campbell falls hard for the enemy in this one and it's much better than the previous books of this series.

3.5 Stars
Stacie
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 "I love you, but I hate you, so I don't want to love you." Stars!

This series continues to entertain me. It's the world building more than the romance that I like most about it. Historical Highlanders with destructive gods in them, teaming with (good) druids to fight against the ultimate evil drau- evil druid (I don't really know how to spell that because I've been listening to this series and I'm almost sure it's a made up word.) bent on world domination and enslaving everyone! I lurve it!
Kathleen
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Donna turned up the heat in this book and I LIKED IT! I definitely plan on continuing this series.
LWB Marissa
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Note: For your overall reading enjoyment I suggest strongly to read this series in order because of the ongoing plot and world building.

My Review:
In a world where the forces of darkness plot to rule the world with black magic, a small group of warriors refuses to align themselves with this evil. These immortal Highland warriors all have an archaic god inside them, each has a different power, and they were turned by the forces of darkness but escaped. Now they have joined forces to defea
Annette Clair
May 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It is IMPOSSIBLE to read one of Donna Grants highlander books & not fall in love w/ the Hero. Impossible. I dare anyone of you to read this series and then tell me you do NOT want to marry these highlanders & have their babies... PFFFFT, never happen. C'mon August! Want book 5!
Justyna
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Thinking they had finally rid the world of the great evilness that was Deirdre, Warriors Hayden Campbell and Fallon MacLeod are searching the area around Cairn Toul looking for survivors of the last battle. It seems to be a lost cause when Hayden comes upon a grievously wounded young woman. Determined to save this woman that he feels a compelling attraction to, Hayden brings her to the MacLeod castle for healing. It is there that Hayden discovers his foundling is none other than Isla, the Drough ...more
Claudia
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
In book four, Untamed Highlander, to story moves from the MacLeod brothers to their friends.

After the battle and defeat of Deirdre Fallon and Hayden go back to the mountain to look for warrior or Druid survivors.

Hayden Campbell brings home Isla - a druid who was Deirdre's servant. In the previous book there were glimpses of Islas struggle with the dark magic and her need to protect her family that kept her for 500 years in Deirdre's grasp. Now that her family is dead the only thing that remains
Leagh
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, signed, arc
This installment of the Dark Sword Series was about Hayden and Isla.

Hayden is a very passionate warrior with intense loyalty to the ones he considers family. He has incredible strength and the ability to control fire. Isla is one of the most powerful she-devils ever to live. She has spent over 500 year unwillingly serving Deidre until an attack on the mountain left her injured and alone. She is rescued by Hayden and taken back the the MacLean castle. Hayden and Isla have combustible chemistry t
The fourth book in the Dark Sword series. I was really looking forward to Hayden Campbell's story and his match with Isla, an evil Druid, and therefore, sworn enemy. Hayden finds Isla injured and has an immediate and confusing connection to her. He takes her away to the MacLeod castle to recuperate and they both learn that they have feelings for each other that could be very dangerous.
I loved Isla's strength of character and her intelligence. Hayden is, of course, beautiful but conflicted. When
Dorota
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I had a great privilege to receive an ARC of this book and OMG how happy I am!
I think it's the best of the series so far.
Hayden is a tormented hero who is torn between his past and his heart desire.
Isla as a drough has a choice to make and it is not an easy one.

Great read and flawless story. Humor and action with hot hot love scenes :) Everything you might want - great story, sexi hero, strong herione and great read :)
Loved it and thank you Donna for an opportunity to enjoy the book.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
3.5 (rounded up)
I liked Hayden and Isla. My only issue is I thought both where a little too angsty. There was a moment I thought they got over their issue(s), but it was a brief one. The friendships between the women and the Warriors are strong ones, and I like how everyone has each others back. The biggest thing? The big bad. Deidre. The overall story-arc continues.
Lyn
Mar 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the series! I couldn't get enough of Hayden and his wicked ways! Yum! His love interest in this book was a surprise and the passion between the two was hot!

Had a great ending and as the saga continues I am anxious for the next book about Galen.
Margaret
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book!!!!! the stories just keep on getting better and better
☘KathyD☘
I was looking forward to this book and am a little disappointed by it as a whole. I’m not a big fan of Hayden. I understand his issues, but he is a bully and a jerk. I really can’t fathom why Ilsa would want him. For her part, Ilsa is a strong woman with a spine of steel. She doesn’t see not only how powerful she is, but how strong her character is as well. Ilsa made some horrific decisions in order to help her loved ones. She carries that guilt with grace, which again begs the question why she ...more
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is a bit darker. I knew Hayden would eventually find a drough he couldn't resist but it was very intense reading about it. It was heartbreaking to imagine him struggling all through the book. And how hard he fought his feelings. He had such darkness in him. Isla was also a bit broken, but it adds quality to the story. And it made it so touching. We also learn more about Deirdre's story, which at this point I think everybody is curious about. Nicely done.

Hope Frost
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gotta admit, I seem to skip over the love scenes in this book. Not sure why, but they just didn't capture me, at all. I liked Isla and Hayden as a couple, but I really liked Isla. She is so damaged but so determined, I think she is so relatable. Again, though, the author is dragging this out. I seriously hope there is something soon, I am getting sick of this Diedre mess, it's the same thing each book.
Ellena deLeon
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was artfully crafted and uniquely designed to pull you into the pages where secrets and fairytales live and dreams come true for those who believe!

This book was extraordinary, enchanting, enthralling and endlessly entertaining where stubbornness and determination to rise above conflict with a heart of gold and a core of steel to get to where love and happiness lives!

One of Your Greatest Fans,

Lena deLeon
lenadeleon2004.ld@gmail.com
JodyL
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After escaping from Deirdre's mountain Isla wanted nothing more than to die. But Hayden had found her and taken her to MacLeod castle.
When Hayden found out that Isla was a drough, he fought against the feelings that were starting to form.
Get this to find out if Isla won against Deirdre's return of power . Diedre was so sure that nothing could separate Isla from her control.
I am totally enjoying going back to what happened to the warriors before the dragon King's.
* Booksessed * Bec
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another brilliant read by Grant. I can't believe it took me this long to find this series. The characters are well developed and the story held me from start to finish. I'm looking forward to reading the next.
vamsally
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ecopy
Unforseen love

Another warrior finds love in someone he'd never thought to love. The evil still exists, but love perhaps is able to fight against it. Romance, action, steam, all present in this page turner.
Brianna
3.5//I enjoyed this novel but not as much as the others. the plot keeps continuing and I can’t wait to see what happens! Isla was not my favorite character but I enjoyed learning and reading about Hayden
Oksana
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hayden and Islas story...Ending was kind off not very fulfilling
TinaMarie
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karen Machamer
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donna-grant
Awesome

Donna did it again. What a great book I can't wait to read the next one in this series. Donna is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.
Lori McD
Well, surprise surprise - Deirdre is still alive! Or at least her spirit is, almost like Voldemort in the Harry Potter series until he regains his body.

This book is about Hayden, the blonde giant Warrior who hates all drough Druids, because the drough killed his family. Drough Druids undergo a ceremony at a certain age where they cut themselves and give themselves and the blood shed during the ceremony over to evil. The blood is usually bottled and hung around the drough's neck; it's called The
Lisa Jo
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
A passionate and striking tale, Untamed Highlander by Donna Grant is a fantastic read. Fans of her Dark Sword Series should be eager to read this latest installment!

Hayden Campbell is scouring wreckage from the Warrior’s latest battle when he spots a young woman, barely alive, in need of help. He immediately takes her to MacLeod Castle and soon realizes she is the thing he has spent most of his existence despising. Isla is a drough, the evil that brutally murder Hayden’s family and what he has d
Dani Salinas
Dec 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In book 4 of Donna Grant’s Dark Sword series turned into a great surprise. Finally the story of Isla is revealed giving us much information concerning Hayden. I enjoyed this story immensely because of the characters themselves. It is rather rare to discover characters that want to believe so strongly in a world that is only black and white. I discovered this is the world Hayden had chosen to live with since his family was destroyed and his world turned upside down.
I understood Hayden’s way of th
OpenBookSociety.com
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: heidi

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

untamed-highlander-dark-sword-donna-grantHayden Campbell was forever scarred when he came home to find his family had been decimated by a drough. Since then, Hayden has sworn to avenge his family’s death, and has killed every drough he has come into contact with. So imagine his surprise when the beautiful female he rescued from Cairn Toul turns out to be one of the vile creatures.

Hayden feels an instant connection to Isl
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • The Viper (Highland Guard, #4)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Taste It
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Unwanted (The MacLauchlans, #3)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • The Sinner (The Return of the Highlanders, #2)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over forty-five novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written over forty short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal g

Dark Sword (6 books)
  • Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1)
  • Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2)
  • Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3)
  • Shadow Highlander (Dark Sword, #5)
  • Darkest Highlander (Dark Sword, #6)
“Hayden to his knees only to come level with a pair of the most amazing ice-blue eyes which were staring at him. “End this,” Isla whispered. “Please, take my head.” 1 likes
“Leave or stay, Hayden, but make your decision now.” 0 likes