Start by marking “Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2)” as Want to Read:
Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2)

Amaury's Hellion

(Scanguards Vampires #2)

Vampire Amaury LeSang is cursed to feel everybody's emotions like a permanent migraine. The only way to alleviate the pain is through sex. When he meets the feisty human woman Nina, a cure for his ailment seems within reach: in her presence all pain vanishes. Unfortunately, Nina is out to kill him because she believes he's involved in her brother's death. And she would suc ...more
Published November 14th 2010 by self published (first published July 2nd 2010)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
4.5 'My mate. My hellion. Mine.' stars!!!

I had a feeling I'd like this one more than I did the first book - which I liked just fine - and I was right! There was something a little rougher, a little sexier, and a little more broken about Amaury, and that called to my need to fix his damaged soul, to bring him home and love him all better...or until neither of us would be walking for days! ;)

Next up.... Gabriel's story. I'm not sure how I feel about him, but I can't wait to find out!!
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Let me tell you a story...

There was this guy, let's name him Amaury.

What? Ah...You want a visual too. Ok..See?

And guess what this gorgeous, big, bad vampire could do(I told he was a vampire, didn't I?). Yeap, you guessed right, he could read everyone's emotions and it was mighty painful for him, the only thing he could do to take the pain away was have sex(wish that took my migraines away too). Then one day he crossed paths with a little wannabe-vamp slayer, let's name her Nina... Oh you want a
Tina Folsom
Jul 13, 2010 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm the author of this book.
Pen-rye-n
Is it just me, or is there a formula out there for these Tortured Vampire Series? It's likes somewhere out there, there's a checklist authors use.

Group must have a hardened, cynical leader, who deep down has a heart of gold.
***IMPORTANT*** Must have a womanizing, sex crazed member who deep down is a hopeless romantic, but has given up on love due to all the mindless sex he's forced to have thanks to a curse.
Group must also have an insane, somewhat disfigured, but still ridiculously good looking
Dee
Feb 2013
It has taken me a while to collect all the books in this series but I have now finally got them all!......I haven't got a great deal of time but think that it is only fair that I leave a review even if it is only a small one.

This series is a bit different that what I am used to in PNR, but then I think that I like that and it has kept my interest. The sex scenes are very steamy and extremely well written and is guaranteed to get your motor revving! For me this was better than the first (
Sammy Loves Books
Amaury's Hellion was book#2 of the Scanguards series and I couldn't put it down. I love Folsom's style of writing. Amaury is a vampire cursed to never experience love and to also feel the pain of everyone's emeotions around him. He finds that sexual release is his only relief from the pain, but only a brief relief. When Amaury falls for vampire slayer, Nina, he finds total peace from the pain while in her presence. Nina is a fiesty heroine that is determined to kill Amaury in order to avenge her ...more
Deanna from Deanna's World
This book made me super ranty. In fact, I got so ranty, I made a ton of status updates while reading / listening because I could not keep the rant inside to myself. Here, I'll prove it:
18.0% "Good grief. Idiot heroine with a boatload of misconceptions and a chip on her shoulder. That's going to make her endearing. Not."
21.0% "Oh great. A heroine with men issues."
26.0% "Kinda need this to hurry up with the pacing. A lot of blah blah, I hate vampires, blah blah, revenge right now."
31.0% "Blah blah
Liz F
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ooooohh another hot and sexy book from Tina Folsom!! Loved it!! This is the second book in Tina Folsom's Scanguard series and its a whopper!! ;)

In book one, we meet a whole assortment of characters. Amaury LeSang was one of them and he has garnered his own book here in book 2. He is one sexy beast!!!! He's a vampire and in this world, some vampires have special gifts. Amaury is one of those vampires. His gift is that he can sense the emotions of others. Its sounds like a pretty cool gift; pretty
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Amaury LeSang works at Scanguards (a successful security and body guard company owned by Samson Woodford) taking care of the real estate side of the business and is Samson’s best friend. He also lives with the painful curse of sensing other’s emotions but never being able to feel love himself. The only cure for the constant onslaught is sex, daily, and it is only a temporary reprieve. So Amaury has become quiet known in the vampire world for his sexual exploits. And he’s only a little bit arroga ...more
Mojca
The premise was great—a vampire that can feel emotions of those around him, a constant onslaught that brings him pain (one emotion is particularly painful—love, since he's been cursed never to feel love himself), when he meets the only woman whose emotions he cannot read.
I know, right.

Unfortunately that only woman whose emotions poor Amaury could not read turned out to be a hot-and-cold-running, vampire-slayer-wannabe, caustic little bitch. I hated her with a passion, which resulted in me not pa
Ezinwanyi
3.5 stars.
Amaury LeSang has been a vampire since the 17th Century when he was cursed to feel the emotions of everyone around him. Sex is the only way to get momentary respite, so of course Amaury has sex and lot of it.

One day Amaury was tracked by a woman, Nina the wannabe slayer, and Amaury realizes he can't feel her emotions. How nice to be around someone and not be assaulted by their inner turmoil. Nina is determined to kill all vampires as she blames them for the murder of her brother. Amaur
Danielle (Danniegurl)
2.5

This one was a bit slow, a little boring and not that exciting for me. The writing is a bit....flat. I got distracted often and couldn't focus, the writing wasn't catching me. The couple was ok, but unrealistic for the most part, which can be ok but for this story needed to be a bit more believable. I found myself skimming through the sex scenes because it wasn't anything new to the story, no passion was really built up. I didn't feel their feelings either. I like the concept, but this one wa
Karen111
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I enjoyed it, but definitely not as much as the first book. I felt the sub plot (Luther) was quite weak, and I found Nina annoying - she was all over the place, which I found draining. Amaury became a total sap for Nina, which caused me some acid reflux.

But I like the format of these books, and they're very readable. I'm looking forward to the third book, which I'm reliably informed is good, so bring it on!
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly by: Tonya
4/5 hotness rating

Amaury's Hellion is the second book in Tina Folsom's fantastic Scanguards Vampires series. This paranormal Erotic Romance is SMOKIN' HOT! Or is that just Amaury? 'Cause that man is so hot that he's on fire! But I'll get back to him in a minute...

This book is another awesome piece of work by Tina Folsom. I love all the characters in the world of the Scanguards Vampires. We first met the gang in Samson's Lovely Mortal.

Here's the situation..
jD
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Amaury's Hellion is the 2nd book in the Scanguards series. The story was well conceived, the characters are interesting, and vamp rules are pretty straight forward.

I loved Amaury's character and I even enjoyed Nina more than I expected. Amaury has been cursed to never love and to be tormented by the emotions of others. He has existed this way for 400 years. He is a partner in Scanguards, a vampire owned security firm that is now under investigation because 2 human guards killed their clients and
Louise Kemp
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"You know what happens to naughty girls?"..........
"They end up with real bad boys."

I'm so loving this series of books !! They have the right combination of action, drama, adventure and heat. And my the heat is hot hot hot !!

We were first introduced to Amaury in Samson's Lovely Mortal, he is Samson's best friend and business partner and also a centuries old vampire. Amaury has a curse which is that he can feel the emotions of others this leaves him in permanent migraine like pain. The only way
Candice
Aug 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-vampires, series
Second book in the Scansguards Series - 3 Stars.

The story of Amaury and his curse is very intrigueing and through the beginning I felt so sad for him. Amaury is cursed to feel the emotion of those around him, feelings that pound through his head and cause him pain. I enjoyed learning about his past and experiencing his interactions through this "emotional translation".
Nina is our angry herroine, she's on a mission to destroy vampires because she believes them to be behind her brothers death. T
Samantha Hamilton
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-reads
My opinion of an excellent book is when you read the story and it plays out in your head. You can see the characters in your head, you have a picture of what their surroundings look like, you feel what they feel, and most importantly when you are done you are left with an empty feeling like "Now what?!?". If you are like me you might even obsess over it for several days, weeks, months...do not judge me lol.

Ok - the book was HOT HOT HOT! There were sections I felt like I needed to cover my eyes,
Beth (^v^)/
I'm torn on rating this one. Going for 3.5 stars.

I've read some really good books lately, and this one was only okay. I liked it enough, and I will continue the series, but I don't feel like it's anything to write home about.

The plot:
Continuing where we left off, Amaury, one of the Scanguard Vampire crew has always been plagued by being able to sense everyone's emotions. It also causes him huge migraines. The only way he can find relief (in more ways that one... heh heh heh) is by having sex wi
Amyiw
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-2016, series, pnr, erotic
Although the premise was better than the first it ended up being on the low side of 3 stars in the end. There was just too much assumption, miscommunication, and keeping the truth to oneself. The first ones I could accept because the couple didn't know one another but then even in the middle and the end it was just more and more of the same. (view spoiler) ...more
Ann has a dirty mouth
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This book is a lot of fun! It has much better pacing and editing than the previous book in the series. When I was getting ready to read it, I had thought that Amaury might be a big, um, rough, based on his rather infamous scene in the first book, but he was extremely sweet. It isn't what you would see in a Harlequin, but anyone expecting Joey Hill level BDSM hijinx should read something else. Maybe a Joey Hill book. That being said, this book was super smexy- way more than others in this genre.

A
Tanya
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amaury has a 'gift' where he can sense emotions of the people around him both human and vampire, but after a few hundred years the gift has become his curse as he battles with the pressure in his mind. To relieve the pressure the only way he has found he can is through the relief of sex! And lots of it with any female willing partner...

Nina a feisty woman is looking for revenge on the vampire that killed her brother Eddie and she believes Amaury is responsible. She goes looking for to take him o
✧✦♔serieslover♕✦✧
Amaury's Hellion
Amaury LeSang and Nina Martens
4/5 Stars

Amaury's Hellion is the second book of Scanguards Vampires series by Tina Folsom.

Favorite Quotes
"Silly woman. I might be an idiot, but I'm not stupid enough to let go of the best thing that's ever happened to me." -Amaury

"...But you have to understand one thing: you're mine to protect, and nobody will prevent me from doing so--not even you." -Amaury

"It's kind of hard to be mad at the man who just saved your life without any regard f
Kristen
3 1/2 stars.

I'm really liking this series. The characters, focal and secondary, are what make these books so delightful. It's impossible not to love each one of them.

I enjoyed this book quite a lot. Not as much as the first book Samson's Lovely Mortal, but I was still laughing and fanning myself during most of this story. And Amaury... he's one sexy vampire, for sure.

I'm very much looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

Jenne
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
What I enjoy most is the quirkiness you'll find in the Scanguard books. There are little odds and ends quips that make me laugh when reading these. I'm a sucker for an arrogant man and Amaury definitely fit the bill. While there's not a lot of new material you can do with PNR, these are still entertaining reads. I recommend these for anyone who likes PNR.
Aoi
I had a difficult time finishing this book :/ This series isn't any different from the other pnrs out there, but the chemistry between the couples is to watch out for.
Eva (Romance2Review.com)
DNF. I loved Amaury, and the writing was good. I just couldn't take anymore of the heroine, Nina.
Shan ~ A ~
I actually liked this story up until Amaury's friends started giving their opinions about Nina. They had enough of their own doubts and misunderstandings without adding anyone else's opinions to the mix. Plus, the only thing that surprised about the villain was the who. Some of the things surrounding that situations I guessed from the start.

I like that Nina was strong and could hold her own against Amaury, even if her actions were oftentimes misguided. They both had things happen in their pasts
Alexis
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
More of a 2.5.

Amaury's Hellion is the second installment in the Scanguards Vampires series by Tina Folsom. Like its predecessor, Samson's Lovely Mortal, it's very heavy on the sexytimes and lovey-dovey romance.

This should come as no surprise to anyone who read the first book, since this story centers around 400-year-old French vampire Amaury Lesang. When we were first introduced to Amaury, Samson's best friend and #2 guy in the Scanguards San Francisco office, it was kind of hinted at that he
Kelly
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like this series. It's light enough that I don't feel like my head's going to explode as I read it and yet it ends up being immensely satisfying in its own way. I mean, I pick it up expecting vampires and hot sex and I get exactly that. Plus, there's this whole plot thing going on. I know! Who knew? Vampires do more than just have sex! Look, I'm as shocked by this as much as the next person. Yet, I find it strangely invigorating.

**Now I feel like I need to point out here that I do read books w
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Sophia (Vampires in America, #4)
  • Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within, #2)
  • Kiss Before Dying
  • Scarlet Heat (Born to Darkness, #2; Scarlet Heat, #0)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Bound in Darkness (Bound, #2)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
  • The Seeking Kiss (Midnight Playground, #1)
  • Eternal Kiss (Mark of the Vampire, #2)
  • Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2)
  • Heart of the Warrior (All The King's Men, #2)
  • In the Service of the King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #1)
Tina Folsom is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. She's always been self-published and has found tremendous success with her paranormal series, Scanguards Vampires, Venice Vampyr, and Out of Olympus, selling more than 2 million copies of her 50 titles (which includes titles in German, French, and Spanish) in almost 4 years.

Tina writes about hot alpha heroes, bad boys, and kick-ass

Scanguards Vampires (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1)
  • Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires, #3)
  • Yvette's Haven (Scanguards Vampires, #4)
  • Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5)
  • Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires, #6)
  • Oliver's Hunger (Scanguards Vampires, #7)
  • Thomas's Choice (Scanguards Vampires, #8)
  • Cain's Identity (Scanguards Vampires, #9)
  • Luther's Return (Scanguards Vampires, #10)
  • Blake's Pursuit (Scanguards Vampires, #11)