Start by marking “Twin Spica, Volume: 05” as Want to Read:
Twin Spica, Volume: 05

Twin Spica, Volume: 05

(Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #5)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  257 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Time is flying by at the Toyko Space School and Asumi is now heading into her second of three years at the elite aeronautics academy. However, while this new transition should bring with it excitement and new challenges, Asumi has her heart and mind somewhere else. She cannot forget her old classmate. The accident took many lives and hurt countless of others. Many people h ...more
Published January 4th 2011 by Vertical (first published October 23rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Nicole
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jessica F
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Loving the mystery surrounding Marika and Mr. Lion!
Sarah Sammis
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Twin Spica Volume 05 by Kou Yaginuma has two plot threads: a three day training challenge and puppy love friends, past and present. Asumi and her classmates are about to start their second year but they have one last test.

The book starts with a present day friendship brewing between Asumi and an orphan boy who shares her love of outer space. He was orphaned by the Lion crash and feels compelled to act as if he's anti space exploration, even though he secretly loves rockets.

Their friendship is pa
Emkoshka
This is my favourite volume so far. We get to learn more about cute dark-haired generic manga hero Kiriu and hang out with his sassy little orphan pals. The latest astronaut training challenge - being bundled into an escape pod then dropped in the middle of the forest - makes for gripping reading as Asumi tries her hand at survival skills. And there's a beautiful extended stretch of backstory involving the child Mr Lion and Marika building a rocket fort together.
Lara
Probably my favorite volume so far, so now I'm determined to try and track down the rest of the series, or at least get my hands on the anime or live action version!
saiberiac
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was so happy to see the Pioneer 10 plaque in this volume.
Karen
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-manhwa, own
I'm continuing to like this series. Lots of good character development in this volume.
Cherish
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
A very moving and enjoyable read. The characters in this series go through so much....I SOOOO want to hug Mr.Lion.
Titis Wardhana
ternyata semua berhubungan...

di sini ada sedikit flashback masa lalu Marika, dan for those who don't see it coming, it might be quite a surprise...
Linda
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love the way it moves along and you get the chance to spend time and explore each of the characters in this series. This time Another Spica was a disappointment.
Joy
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Roxanne
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Really starting to get bored with the "what's the deal with Marika?" plotline, but I guess it was interesting to see some of Mr. Lion's backstory.
Clinton Sheppard
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-safe-manga
Astronaut training is moving along. Second year is starting and the pressure is on. Interleaved we learn more about Merika and Mr. Lion. I also liked the Spica at the end about the author.
Ashley D--
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Marika mystery thickens! This volume marks where my compulsion to read on because I like the characters was taken over by my curiosity about who the characters really are. Good storytelling.
C
Rune
Jan 23, 2016
Lee Franklin
Dec 14, 2016
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 3 (Saturn Apartments #3)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 11: Toter Winkel (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #11)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)

Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 01
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 06
  • Twin Spica vol. 07 (Twin Spica, # 7)
  • ふたつのスピカ 8