Start by marking “The Complete Single Mother: Reassuring Answers to Your Most Challenging Concerns” as Want to Read:

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Your best resource now completely revised and updated!

Being a single mother isn't easy--but with The Complete Single Mother, Third Edition, it just got easier. Long the most popular source of encouragement and advice for single moms, this engaging, enlightening guide explores such important issues as:

Finances
Dealing with the absent father
Custody
Dating and remarriage

With a
Published March 8th 2006 by Adams Media (first published March 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Single Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Single Mother

Christina Smith
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ALL SINGLE MOTHERS BY CHOICE OR CIRCUMSTANCE
Recommended to Christina by: found in library
This book is a MUST HAVE for all single mothers by either choice or circumstance. I became a single mother through unforeseen circumstances. I grew up being raised by both my mother and father so I could not look to my upbringing as a source of reference on how to raise a child by myself. Why would one need this book? Well first of all, if you were clueless like me on what to do, then you need this book. Other reasons are ones you may not have even thought of, like:

What to know about custody an
Mary Anne
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Covers a lot of ground, from divorce to widowhood to intentional single parenthood. A pretty balanced look at some major aspects of life. I don't know if it really impressed how hard it can be for single parents to go it alone without help from others or an extended family. A web of support is a MUST. I was a little uncomfortable with how flippantly the book dealt with single parenthood by choice, trotting out some stock studies about well adapted children or something similar. Unless you're swi ...more
Donor Alliance
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Being a single mother isn’t easy–but with The Complete Single Mother, Third Edition, it just got easier. Long the most popular source of encouragement and advice for single moms, this engaging, enlightening guide explores such important issues as: finances and dealing with the absent father, custody, dating, and remarriage. With a new chapter devoted to children with special needs, as well as inspirational sidebars about famous single mothers, this updated classic is the supportive, one-stop han ...more
Kari
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All single moms
I love that this book touches upon most situations women can find themselves in as a single mother. It addresses many lifestyles and gives good advice/support. I love the section where it defines baby's fathers -my ex is the Cowboy. :)
Amanda
Aug 23, 2009 rated it did not like it
Stupidest book I've ever read (Okay, I just did a really thorough skim). Completely illogical and dangerous.
Leena