Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Leadership of Muhammad” as Want to Read:
The Leadership of Muhammad
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Leadership of Muhammad

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  186 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Full of fascinating detail of desert life and Bedouin beliefs, The Leadership of Muhammad highlights the leadership skills displayed by Muhammad and allows you to share in his wisdom. John Adair weaves the story of Muhammad's life together with aspects of Bedouin culture, tribal leadership and ancient proverbs, to provide key points for leaders and aspiring leaders.

In Isla
...more
Hardcover, 148 pages
Published August 1st 2010 by Kogan Page (first published January 1st 2010)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Leadership of Muhammad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leadership of Muhammad

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Suad Shamma
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2013
I found this book very impressive, and concise. John Adair did a really good job in collating some of the most important points about leadership and using the prophet as a fine example. It was really interesting reading the stories of Muhammad (pbuh) and highlighting all the positive leadership aspects, even more so was the fact that things that applied thousands of years ago still apply today.

A lot of the points made in the book are things that all of us know and should be acting upon, however
...more
Ramez Al-fayez
الكتاب رائع
العجيب أن شخص غير مسلم يستطيع الحصول على مثل هذه الدروس من حياة الرسول وبعض المسلمين لم يقرأ حتى سيرته
Amir Fikri
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
As a Muslim, I grew up being taught of the perfection of this great man. And always, all the accounts of him, being narrated by Muslims, are naturally very compassionate of him.

However, the author of this book, totally lacked that love of the man. But it's not a bad thing. In fact, it was a refreshing perspective. A perspective that was devoid of love for the Prophet but at the same time, managed to paint the man as THE model of a leader. It only added evidence of the greatness of the prophet.

Al
...more
Mohammed Alsharekh
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
قيادة محمد صلى الله عليه وسلم، اكثر ما يمكن ان تقول عنه بأنه رائع و يجذبك حديث الكاتب البروفيسور جون ادير وكلامه عن المصطفى
Mariam Hamad
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
لا شك أن القيادة صارت هدفاً يسعى إليه الكثيرون وخصوصا في المجتمعات المتقدمة حيث تلعب القيادة دوراً هاما في عملية التغيير وعملية دفع عجلة التنمية والتأثير في المجتمع من جميع النواحي، لذلك صارت دورات القيادة ودورات صناعة القادة رائجة جداً وكذلك كتبها. من هذا المنطلق جاءت أهمية هذا الكتاب الذي قدّم الكاتب فيه دراسة موضوعية عميقة للمواقف القيادية لخاتم الأنبياء محمد ﷺ رغم أنه غير مسلم، وذلك ليس بغريب فكل من يقرأ في سيرة النبي العطرة ﷺ لابد وأن يُعجب بهذه الشخصية الاستثنائية التي كانت نموذجاً يُقتدى ...more
Mariam
Apr 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I had read the Arabic Translated version of this book.

The book is short and light, however, i don't think the 90% focusing on the leadership of Prophet Muhammad. Sometime, I find the author got the chance to mention other stories that's is not related, yes it is related to leadership concept but not under the leadership of Muhammad.

I thought the book subject should be change to something more generic like The leadership of Muhammad and other Arabs/leaders Maybe.

However, the book is good :)


Fitri Khairuddin
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
i love that it shows Muhammad SAW as a perfect role model, not just spiritually but also, in this context, as a leader. there were times that the writes did not focus on Muhammad, which is weird given the title of the book. nevertheless i still like the book.
Mohamed AlSharqi
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it

ركز المؤلف على الأحداث من حياة الرسول (ص) المتعلقة بموضوع القيادة، وهذه الأحداث تشتمل على ما قد حصل قبل وبعد البعثة .. ولقد وجدت الآية ((وَلِتُصْنَعَ عَلَى عَيْنِي)) التي جاءت في وصف رعاية وحفظ الله لموسى عليه السلام مناسبة لوصف الأحداث التي سبقت البعثة، فهي كانت بمثابة رعاية وحفظ وهداية الله للرسول (ص) حيث بسببها تشكلت تجاربه وقناعاته وأخلاقه الكريمة، فتحدث المؤلف عن عمل الرسول (ص) في التجارة ورعي الأغنام وتأثير الحياة في الصحراء وعلاقتها بتشكيل قدرته القيادية.

وفي فصول الكتاب استشهد الكاتب بالع
...more
Shaoola
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A light small book yet a treasurable one that is well and eloquently written...
It sheds light on prophet Mohammad as a leader, a shepherd and above all a human being. It's fun to read and quite informative as you find different quotations from different people from different nations through different eras.
I loved how the writer keeps on including Arabic words as well as Greek ones and others and adds its meaning which adds to the whole context of narration.

"Humble people know their limitations:
...more
Atif Ali
Aug 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
The book describes critical leadership traits, extracting them from the life of Muhammad (PBUH) .

How Muhammad (PBUH) grew his leadership skills from being a shepherd and a caravan leader . Learning the skills of achieving a task , by unifying the teams and taking care of their individual needs.

I specially enjoyed the reference and backdrop of Arab culture and values like their hospitality , humility , love for camels and horses . The book also left me wonder how the in past the Arabs having the
...more
Obeida Takriti
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
كتاب بسيط يحكي عن القيادة في المجتمعات العربية القبلية..
عنوان الكتاب مبالغ به ربما بهدف التسويق فالكتاب لا يتكلم كثيراً عن الصفة القيادية في الرسول
بل في القبائل العربية..

الكتاب يحلل بشكل جميل طبيعة القادة في زمن الرسول وربما حتى الآن في الجزيرة العربية..
ومن ثم يحدد بعض الميزات التي يمكننا تعميمها على القيادة في كل زمان ومكان كالتواضع والقيادة بالمشاركة وغيرها..

كتاب صغير للمهتمين بلمحة سريعة عن القيادة مع قصص صغيرة عن القبائل والرسول..
بس برأيي في كتب أهم عن القيادة وعن الرسول :)
Malak
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is my second time reading about prophet Muhammad peace be upon him by non Muslim writer.
This book is brilliant! I loved the writer's analysis. Too much thoughts are summarize in an elegant way :)
Definitely recommend reading. It won't be my last book for the writer.
Imran
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspriational

Overall a good learning experience and knowing something different for a person, whose life provides an example for a Muslim in all matters of life.

The topic of 'leadership' appears to get popularity these days. Number of articles are published in various magazines and professional bodies are arranging workshops and seminars on this topic.

Attending one such workshop arranged by ICAP, I got some recommendations for books to read. One being 'The Messenger: The Meanings of the Life of Muhammad' by
...more
Adil Hussain
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had high expectations for this book after listening to a talk by the speaker introducing it and also receiving recommendations from friends who had read it before me. Reading it however I couldn't help feel a little disappointed. It's a small book (this I knew before I bought it) and even then the mention of The Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) and his examples of leadership are few and far between. Each chapter (there are eight) takes one concept of leadership exemplified by the Prophet Muhammad and elab ...more
Thehumancoffee
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s an excellent book for leadership.
Yousef
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for leadership. It uses simple examples to explain/show big ideas.
Enes Sefer
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A leader is among the people, not over them.

The ship that has two captains will sink.
Raihan
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I bought this book with a lot of excitement but I was disappointed in the beginning, while reading the first 2-3 chapters I felt that the writer kind of deviated in describing too much about other topics which were not related to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and in some chapters he barely mentioned anything about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). At the end of every chapter he added some bullet points as 'key points' but I think those were just some quick recaps without any detail analysis. We could see from ...more
Sohail
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Most inspiring part is relating the art of shepherding to the leadership and it's impact on the life of Muhammad (P.B.U.H). Interestingly i had a chance of meeting a person familiar with shepherding while reading the book, i was amazed to know that often sheepherders even have names for each and every sheep and they exactly know the strengths and weakness of every individual. The important lesson for leadership while seeing the bigger picture never forget the individual needs.
I believe that life
...more
Yasmin
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: complete
'' when everything in the world is false'', all what you need; is to read a bout a unique human and leader ''Allah to praise him,Prophet Mohamed''

Either Muslim or Non-Muslim, Prophet Mohamed, teaches us how to be a human and leaders who make difference in others life regardless all our difference. his Leadership style was unique.

Unfortunately, very few people in Muslim world who really follow his leadership paradigm and his great way of thinking. he was not just a leader for a civilization, but
...more
Adeem AlHassan
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I've always wanted to read these books by non Muslim authors about our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and see where they stand & what they have to say. I didn't like this book in particular for several reasons. For starters, he did not talk a lot about the life of the prophet, most of the stories were very shortened that they lost their beauty. But generally speaking,it was a good book. The author focused on some traits and stories concerning leadership. I don't know which star t ...more
Syaza
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed how concise the book is; the key highlights at the end of every chapter help recap its intent. It isn't a holistic view of Muhammad's leadership but key insights as to how the Prophet led the ummah. It would be a good read for those who are looking for an overview of why the Prophet remains as a role model throughout time.
Albandri
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
احدى الكتب التي سأعيد قراءتها يوماً ما.

خفيفة المحتوى و عميقة الوصف،جداً أحببت أن اقرأ عن خصال الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم لكن من ناحية نفسية او تحليلية ان صح التعبير.

مع كل تفسير جميل لقرارات الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم في السلم و الحرب و بين اصحابة و زوجاته، كان يحمل معناً قيادياً ذو رسالة بليغة.ظلت الآية (و ما ينطق عن الهوى) تتردد في ذهني عند كل موقف اقرأه.

الجميل في الكاتب هو طريقة ربطه بالاحداث التي مرت بعصر الرسول،كطفولته و شبابه بل حتى في العصور اللاحقة فيما بعد تحت معنى واحد يريد ان يصله إلينا.
...more
Amaal  Khatatbeh
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book is a biography of research in the concept of leadership in the life of the Prophet.The book discusses the leadership in the life of the Prophet but to prove The world the truth about the nature of leadership and its applications.

for Arabic Readers :
انصح بقراءة المقال النقدي البحثي عن الكتاب و ما يتعلق بتخريخ الاحاديث الوارده في الكتاب و صحة المصادر

http://www.nusrah.com/ar/media/ar-lea...
Nawaf Basindwa
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
a must read book. Since, I always encourage my self to to look at things from different views, here how a western non-muslim guy look at the greatest man prophet Mohammad, peace upon him, as the best Leader in history.
Hamzah Asmall
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A model of empathetic leadership the world needs right now

Recommend this book for all those who find themselves leading teams. Light reading yet profound. Relevant for muslim and non muslim.
Omar Qomqomji
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
كنت متحمس عند شراء الكتاب لكن خاب ظني خاصة بعد ما انتهيت من نصف الكتاب حيث المحتوى يخرج كثيييرا عن الموضوع نفسه.
Halah
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book is highly recommended ;)
Isam
Jul 03, 2013 added it
read
Indah Threez Lestari
946th - 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Drawing Basics and Video Game Art: Classic to Cutting-Edge Art Techniques for Winning Video Game Design
  • سجون العقل العربي
  • Ayat-Ayat Semesta: Sisi-Sisi Al Quran yang Terlupakan
  • Time Management: How to Maximize Your 24-Hour Gift
  • ماذا يحب الله وماذا يبغض؟
  • Informal Logic: A Handbook for Critical Argument
  • An Art of Living
  • مذكرات قرية
  • The Juice Lady's Big Book of Juices and Green Smoothies: More Than 400 Simple, Delicious Recipes!
  • Şeytanın Fısıldadıkları
  • Writing Research Papers: A Complete Guide
  • المجمل في تاريخ مصر: النظم السياسية والإدارية
  • Pushing Up People: The Secret Behind One Of The Most Exciting Success Stories In American Business
  • 10 Simple Solutions to Adult ADD: How to Overcome Chronic Distraction and Accomplish Your Goals
  • The Purpose of Boys: Helping Our Sons Find Meaning, Significance, and Direction in Their Lives
  • Anti-Twitter: 150 50-Word Stories
  • فلسفتي
  • The Grass
“Humble people know their limitations: they know what they know, and they know what they do not know; they know what they can do or be, and they know what they cannot do or be” 5 likes
“There is the authority of position and the authority of knowledge - 'Authority flows from the one who knows.' But sharing in hardship confers upon a leader something quite rare - moral authority.” 3 likes
More quotes…