Start by marking “A Marriage Without Regrets: No Matter Where You Are or Where You've Been, You Can Have...” as Want to Read:

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  163 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Speaking candidly about her first marriage, her conversion to Christianity, and her longtime marriage to Jack, Kay offers practical, biblical advice on effective communication, security and significance, difficult relationships, parenting, and God's guidelines for divorce and remarriage.

Rerelease with a fresh new cover--more than 110,000 copies sold.
Published July 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about A Marriage Without Regrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Marriage Without Regrets

Heather
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It has a great overview of different areas of marriage. I think many couples overlook some of the subjects she touches on. She's not afraid to talk about what God says a man and woman's role is and it's not that women should just stay at home. She also discusses communication, raising children, and sex. All very important subjects to discuss in marriage.
If you're married and want to read more about what God has to say about marriage in not much time (a little over 20
Stephanie Caira
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kay gives some practical tips, but more importantly keeps bringing your focus back to honoring Christ and reminding the reader what Scripture teaches. Not a book for those who simply regret being in a marriage for whatever the reason; a practical guide for any married person for reminding them that marriage is NOT about your glory, but Gods.
Raquel Arbogast
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Book for restoring your marriage. Clearly explains why you feel the way you do, how God's love and Word can help you through your marriage and restore your life... Helped me clarify questions about loneliness, kids, divorce, My husband role and my role. It also helped me begin to work towards healing of my strive! Love it!!!! Easy read you will be blessed!
Stephanie Thode

This was an interesting read. My fiance and I have already discussed issues involving children. I'm looking foreward to the physical aspect of our marriage once we get married. I love how she put that my relationship with my future husband is the most important, second to my relationship with God.
Karen
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book written for marriages! If you marriage is in trouble or not read it. Written in a very transparent way Miss Kay writes with a solid Biblical perspective on God's design for marriage. I recommend for all marriages! POWERFUL!!!!
Matt
Mar 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kay Arthur definitely has some sound and sage advice for the pre-marital stage, but when it comes to Christian or practical paradigms, she and I are probably night and day. It is worth the read simply to get one thinking on different issues, but ultimately is a dated and biased text.
Cheryl
Feb 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1980-s
Duke and I did this study as marriage counseling at Melonie Park before we got married.
Michael d'Offay
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living

Clearly written and full of sound wisdom. Great foundational book for any married couple especially someone newly married.
Mickey Eastin
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good BS. I bet the actual book would have been wonderful too, but enjoyed her study. I like that it wasn't as dry (missing commentary) as her precepts studies.
Hope
This book covers the basics of marriage well. Some might be offended if they don't believe in traditional roles for men and women.
Cecilia O'Neal
Jun 29, 2015
Sara
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I had picked this book up at a women's event, and just expected great things. I'd had this in a drawer for over a year just waiting for me to get around to it. there is nothing extraordinary about this book. Her theology seems to be pretty on point, but some of the practical advice is appalling to me and can definitely lead down the wrong path.
Sharon
  • War of Words: Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles
  • Red-Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle
  • Beyond Ordinary: When a Good Marriage Just Isn't Good Enough
  • The Shaping of a Christian Family
  • Foolproofing Your Life: Wisdom for Untangling Your Most Difficult Relationships
Kay Arthur (born November 11, 1933 in Jackson, Michigan) is an international Bible teacher, four-time ECPA Christian Book Award winning author, and co-CEO of Precept Ministries International. Kay has systematized studying the Bible, developing a set of steps to follow so as to "mine" the details of the given book under study. Being systematized, it is accessible to lay persons, rather than scholar ...more
More about Kay Arthur...

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
  • WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
  • Why Have Kids?: A New Mom Explores the Truth About Parenting and Happiness
    $5.99 $0.99
“According to God, the One who designed and instituted marriage, love is a choice. It’s a matter of obedience, not emotion.” 5 likes
“Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another (Galatians 5:19-26).” 1 likes