Start by marking “Odd Girl In” as Want to Read:
Odd Girl In

Odd Girl In

Twelve-year-old Alexis "Alex" Evins is a loner, a tomboy and a first-class prankster, following in the not-so-glorious footsteps of her older twin brothers, Parker and Nick. When the Evins siblings play a prank that goes just a tad too far (resulting in setting a neighbor's sofa--and hair--on fire), their dad decides it's time for some tough love. He signs them up for an a ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Odd Girl In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Odd Girl In

Milana Waller
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aladdin-mix
Super cute and funny💞 not really what I expected, not that that is a bad thing. I still have NO clue what the title means though, it really didn’t make sense. But this book, surprisingly, was not very predictable though these ms books usually are.
A'set Gentry
Mar 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is very biased in the fact that they use to the word "tomboy". Just because a girl is being herself and not fitting within gender roles shouldn't make her a tomboy, very problematic.
Maxine Mathew
Alexis (A.K.A. Alex) and her brothers have been termed as the ‘Evil Evins’ by their neighbour, Mr McGuire. When the latest in the line of Alexis’ various escapades does not go as planned (Well, burning Mr McGuire’s couch and his hair were certainly not a part of the plan!), Alexis’s father decides to send them to a life skill building programme, Champs, to teach them teamwork and to put their skills to better usage. Can the ‘Evil Evins’ work together to do some good instead of bad for once? Odd ...more
Katie Fitzgerald
Odd Girl In is a unique tween novel about a tomboy, Alex Evins, and her twin older brothers, Parker and Nick. Fed up with their constant pranking and inability to work as a team, their single father enrolls them in Champs, a life skills course to make them more responsible. The course is taught by Ms. Success, who happens to be the stepmother of Alex's classmate, Emily. As she is forced out of her comfort zone and encouraged to interact with her Champs classmates, Alex finds herself suddenly fri ...more
Amy
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Genre: Modern fiction, middle reader
This is a very humorous, fun, light hearted story. It is easy to read and get involved in. The situations and events are funny and easy to relate to. Readers of this group will enjoy what happens in this story and can easliy connect with Alex who is a bit of a prankster. It is refreshing to see this in a female character today as many of them are ususally more intersted in boys. I think this book would be enjoyed by readers of many different ages.
Julie
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I was so excited to get it!
This book was signed by the author. I'll keep it forever!
I finished this book in one day. This book will keep you stuck until the very end. This book is a book of much laughter. (I was laughing out loud!) there's some emotional areas as well.
This is the 1st book by Jo Whittemore that I have read. I'm now a fan of this author and will be reading more of her books.
Cecilia
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blue-covers
I really got a kick out of this book - and I don't normally read this sort of thing! Seriously, I think Jo Whittemore had me at "flaming bag of dog poop" - hello to you too, Evil Evins! :) This is a fun read - no major girl drama, no roller-coaster romance, just plain and simple FUN with some of the most ridiculous situations that kept me laughing! Alex is a great character who will really tug at your heartstrings and perhaps tickle your funny bone!

P.J.
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Book 73 for 2010.
I read this a while back in a pre-ARC state, but now that it's in ARC, I can finally officially add it to my books! I adore Jo Whittemore's wit in her Aladdin MIX books, and ODD GIRL IN is a wonderful novel just like FRONT PAGE FACE-OFF before it. The humor is dead on, and the story kept me totally engaged. Highly recommended for girls fifth grade and up!
Nolanmarg
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A First Reads Giveaway Book. Pretty good YA story. Lessons to be learned...good language...no sexual inuendos or real violence. Nice clean story of three kids raised by their father. And, a few good laughs.
Lori
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not doing too well on the Book-a-thon! This is only my 2nd book read in 2 days! I'm glad it was a short one. Another cute middle-school book that my daughter won.
Rabia
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really likes this book would recommend to anyone. It's really hilarious. :)
Artemisia Sage
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
a good book to laugh about. Very fun read
Saraina
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
its cool
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tween
Very cute book. My 10-year-old loved it.
Steven E. Martin