Start by marking “Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal” as Want to Read:
Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal

Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  16,501 Ratings  ·  2,263 Reviews
Little Princes is the epic story of Conor Grennan's battle to save the lost children of Nepal and how he found himself in the process. Part Three Cups of Tea, part Into Thin Air, Grennan's remarkable memoir is at once gripping and inspirational, and it carries us deep into an exotic world that most readers know little about.

One Person Can Make a Difference

In search of adv
Published January 27th 2011 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Little Princes, please sign up.

Zorphie Zorro Leaving Microsoft to Change the World is another. I have to second Katie--There Is No Me Without You is incredible.

Petra X
I fell for the hype. The feature in the New Releases newsletter, the huge author profile and video on the book page, the pretty cover, the really great subject and the attractive author. I paid out for the hardback but you needn't, it will be remaindered within the year.

Its just flat. Really its a 'me' book, no, 'ME' book. The author just writes about himself and sketches in the people he deals with, but its all about him and to a lesser extent the kids, and to an even lesser extent his cornfed
Will Byrnes
When late-twenty-something Conor Grennan felt guilty about spending an entire year travelling the world, he decided to dedicate three months of this time to volunteering at a Kathmandu orphanage named “Little Princes.” His experience would be a life altering one for him. The children in this orphanage had arrived mostly because of traffickers. Unscrupulous men promise desperately poor rural parents that their children will be well looked-after, well educated, and will be safe from being taken by ...more
Saleh MoonWalker
Onvan : Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal - Nevisande : Conor Grennan - ISBN : 61930059 - ISBN13 : 9780061930058 - Dar 294 Safhe - Saal e Chap : 2010
Sara
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Having lived and worked in Nepal for 3 years, I was very excited to see a book come out about a country and people I love. Unfortunately, I have mixed feelings about this book.

This is a very important issue, and it's good that Conor's book is bringing attention to it. However, I was surprised that he felt the need to create his own organization in a country already over-saturated with Non-Governmental Organizations, several already working in this area. While this may seem trivial, I have seen f
Shannon
Dec 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: swapped-donated
Conor Grennan wanted to see the world. He thought it would be exciting and impressive if he volunteered at a children's home in Nepal for 3 months. Conor had little experience with children and little motivation to become truly involved in Little Princes, the home for illegally trafficked children. Little did he know all he would do to help these children.

As a mother, I'm skeptical when an author writes about pure happiness, joy, and smooth sailing when living with a large group of children. Of
Megan Baxter
Oct 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Little Princes was interesting and entertaining and I enjoyed reading it. Yet it didn't grab me on a deeper level than that. As a narrator, Conor Grennan is funny and self-deprecating. I would be sad to hear that the cause that he's espousing is hinky in any way, although after recent events in the area of books written to promote charities, I'm wary about that. No sign of any of that from an internet search, though.

Note: The rest of this review has been withdrawn due to the changes in Goodreads
Meaghan
Dec 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I admit I'm not really into stories that could be made into Lifetime movies, but for whatever reason this book really hit the spot for me. I think it's because I've always been fascinated with both orphans and the nation of Nepal. I had known of the war in that country but until I read Grennan's book I hadn't realize just how bad conditions were and how much people suffered.

But the book is not depressing -- just the opposite in fact. Grennan's descriptions of the children are often very funny (e
Staci
Dec 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Staci by: Shelf Awareness
Shelves: 2011-reads
Why I wanted to read this book: I have often wanted to volunteer in another country and Conor's story sounded promising and intriguing. I wanted to know how Nepal and these children changed his life and the impact he made on theirs.

What worked for me:

* I was immediately and I mean immediately drawn to Conor's voice. His authentic self shined through page after page and I liked him immediately.
* He brought the orphans to life to me. I knew these children, I could hear their voices and laughter
Elizabeth
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The overall story of this book is actually pretty trite. A western man named Conner, who has thus far refused to grow up, decides to volunteer for 3 months at an orphanage in Nepal before going on a year long trip around the world. Once there he becomes attached to the children. During the course of the book he does wonderful deeds, learns lessons, finds a wife, finds a faith and saves the day.

But there is something you need to know… this book is hilarious. Really, really funny. I told a few of
Becky
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this book! The further you get into the book the more caught up you get in it all - getting to know the children, feeling the injustice of them being taken away from their families and being mistreated and then rooting for Conor as he fights to reunite the children with their families. To top it all off, there's also a sweet love story thrown into the mix. Definitely a must-read!
Global Concerns C...: Little Princes Discussion Questions 3 9 Jun 28, 2016 12:26PM
Read by Theme: Little Princes 1 30 Jul 21, 2012 11:46AM
Everything Litera...: Little Princes 11 22 Jul 03, 2012 05:52PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: little princes 1 2 Jun 12, 2012 11:49AM
  • I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor's Journey on the Road to Peace and Human Dignity
  • A Thousand Sisters: My Journey into the Worst Place on Earth to Be a Woman
  • Married to Bhutan
  • Between Two Worlds: Escape from Tyranny: Growing Up in the Shadow of Saddam
  • No Biking in the House Without a Helmet
  • Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls are Not for Sale, an Activist Finds Her Calling and Heals Herself
  • The Road of Lost Innocence: The True Story of a Cambodian Heroine
  • Leaving Microsoft to Change the World: An Entrepreneur's Odyssey to Educate the World's Children
  • The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World
  • The Third Wave: A Volunteer Story
  • The International Bank of Bob: Connecting Our Worlds One $25 Kiva Loan at a Time
  • It Happened On the Way to War: A Marine's Path to Peace
  • Across Many Mountains: A Tibetan Family's Epic Journey from Oppression to Freedom (A Memoir)
  • Nine Hills to Nambonkaha: Two Years in the Heart of an African Village
  • Keeping Hope Alive: One Woman: 90,000 Lives Changed
  • Jantsen's Gift: A True Story of Grief, Rescue, and Grace
  • Stones Into Schools: Promoting Peace With Books, Not Bombs, in Afghanistan and Pakistan
  • The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope
Conor Grennan is a citizen of the US and Ireland. He grew up in Poughkeepsie NY and Jersey City, NJ. He spent eight years at the EastWest Institute (EWI), both in Prague and the EU Office in Brussels, focusing on peace and reconciliation in the Balkans. He left EWI in 2004 to travel and volunteer in Nepal, where he ultimately started Next Generation Nepal (NGN), an organization dedicated to reconn ...more
More about Conor Grennan...
“I steeled myself for this interaction. Fact: I knew I could talk to people. Fact: Children were little people. Little, scary people. I took solace in the fact that if this demonstration went horribly wrong, I could probably outrun them.” 12 likes
“I am easily inspired by measurable progress...” 11 likes