Start by marking “Concrete Operational” as Want to Read:
Concrete Operational

Concrete Operational

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Germany Germany, a man who was free, a man who loved, now an instrument in their machine. They have turned him into the very thing he hates, what he and everyone he loved fought against, the world's greatest celebrity, a tool in the subjugation of man. But the memories of freedom and love remain, and he will fight and change the course of human history for the better, but ...more
Published October 21st 2009 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Concrete Operational, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concrete Operational

Sep 11, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2010, arc-review
When I was first approached (by email) to review Concrete Operational, I was quite intrigued. This was the first time I'd accepted something of the sort; i.e. a book that had it's own accompanying album and art book.

What a novel idea? And yet my intrigue didn't stop there. I began reading the book and immediately I was sucked into the ideas and promises that were being made. I thought, if Concrete Operational lives up to this, it will be amazing.

I waited and I waited, hoping the next chapter wou
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Echoing the future dystopias of Huxley and Orwell, this novel manages to put a new spin on the idea of a humanity forced to succumb to a greater power. Packed full of intricate philosophical argument without alienating the reader, this whirlwind of a novel will leave you breathless with it's skillful portrayal of an alternate future, but most importantly, how love manages to survive within it.
Sophie Ellis
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I initally read Concrete Operational as a gap filler between other future predictive reads by authors such as Huxley and Orwell- which i was finding have been talked about so much, i sadly knew how it would end before it had even begun.
I like supporting new writers and i was excited to begin reading a very managable sized book offering more than a few lovable characters and a happy ending.
I was lucky enough that at the time i was able to read it in three sittings. Regardless of this however i
Riccardo Bussmann
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent and extremely captivating science fiction novel, unlike any other scifi book I have come across so far. Philosophically stimulating, this book deals with a variety of themes such as emotions, free will and the influence of structure.

Although a little overwhelmed by the heavy wording in the beginning of the book (certainly linked to the fact that english is not my mother tongue), it was a real pleasure reading it through to the end. The most remarkable trait of this book for me is th
Invisibl Frank
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant piece of Science fiction and an enthralling read which incorporates awesome future landscapes, environments and technologies. This book makes you feel like a voyeur in the future space in which it is set. I often want to go back for another look! A great investment for fans of Philip K. Dick.
Emma Brooke