Start by marking “Excuse Me, Miss (Excuse Me, Miss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Excuse Me, Miss (Excuse Me, Miss, #1)

Excuse Me, Miss

(Excuse Me, Miss #1)

“Fidelity anthropologist”, sexy decoy to most, Victoria Frost will discover the answers you seek…

The night it all begins to change for Victoria Frost is no different than usual. She spends it seducing another woman’s husband, easing up beside him and lingering there like too much perfume. And that quickly for him, his wife is forgotten. The ensuing conversation is an eroti
Published July 6th 2010 by Two Daughters

To ask other readers questions about Excuse Me, Miss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Excuse Me, Miss

CaliGirlRae
4.5 - This is a 5 star story for me and my only real complaint is that I wish it was longer and preferably a series!

Mr. Duck wrote from a female perspective pretty impressively while showcasing 'fidelity anthropologist'/sexy decoy Victoria "Vicki" Frost as our narrator and main character. Vicki works to test the fidelity of married men and give their wives some comfort but at the same time, she is hiding secrets of her own which start to unravel when she happens to fall for one of the husbands s
Sharon
Aug 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Vicki Frost is a fidelity anthropologist which is a fancy name for a private investigator who investigates cheating husbands. She’s very good at her job and has caught many men red-handed, but she has a dilemma. She has fallen for one of them and she is being threatened by more than just the angry wife.

Vicki’s boss, James Boston, has always had Vicki’s back, but he wants more. Can he help her settle the past and save her from current danger?

This is a sexy suspense short fiction novel that has an
Delaney Diamond
Apr 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Very good story that hooked me in from the beginning. Well-written with an interesting plot.

One minor negative: I didn't know the ethnicity of the heroine until well into the book. There was no description of her, so thank goodness for the cover pic. Other than that, I really enjoyed it. The end actually left me wanting more.

I picked up Duck's other book, Modesty, because I enjoyed this one so much.
Digitalenviromentalist
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-collection
Business is business but sometimes it is very hard to separate work from the private life. Victoria "V" Frost is a sex decoy who has the physique and charisma to get the job done, even it threatens her own credibility not to be carried away with her victims' tactics.

Simplicity is beauty and Im referring to the plot and writing style of Excuse Me, Miss...not much of a twist but there is something special with the characters as the story unfolds.
Sibel Hodge
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise for this novel. A sex decoy, testing the fidelity of married men. Excuse Me, Miss was a well-written and quickly engaging novel that deals with loyalty (or not) in relationships and its ultimate results. Highly recommended.
CaroB
Well written, not at all what I expected. V's feelings seemed a but changeable to me, but I'm left wanting to read more.
Misty Baker
Jan 06, 2012 rated it liked it
When I was a teenager I used to stay up really late on Saturday nights to watch a show called “Cheaters.” Girlfriends, boyfriends, fiance’s, and spouses would hire this private detective (whose name I honestly can’t remember right now) to follow their loved one. “Convince me that he’s not cheating on me” they would say only to be told 30 minutes later, “Sorry ma’am your mans a dog! Ruff Ruff!” SURPRISE!

Needless to say I was never fully convinced that these “take-downs” where 100% spontaneous (no
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Shelleyrae by: Phillip Thomas Duck
Victoria Frost works with an investigative agency as a decoy to prove, or disprove, the infidelity of men at their wives' behest. 'V' has always considered her role in black and white terms until things begin to unravel when she falls for a target and is attacked by an irate wife.
Excuse Me, Miss is short novella with an an unusual premise, I thought the idea to be intriguing and was interested to see how Duck would choose to unravel it.
Personally my reaction to the book is complicated. While I
Tina
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Good premise but fell short for me. The idea of catching cheating husbands by dangling a hot and willing woman under their nose, seems like the start of an excellent read. The problem I had with the story is the character development. The main character, Vicki, was wishy washy at best. She wants to marry her boyfriend one minute then, she is falling for a clients husband the next. Next thing I know, all of the sudden, she discovers she has feelings for her boss? Just to much going on in such a s ...more
Mandyn
Jan 25, 2018
Cindy
Jun 25, 2013
Phillip Duck
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tricia Savage
Aug 29, 2014
Hollie
Sep 01, 2014
Phillip Duck
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Phillip Thomas Duck is the author of several traditionally published adult and young adult novels. EXCUSE ME, MISS(Romantic Suspense) and ONE QUICK KISS(Sexy Short Stories) are his first two independently published e-books. His third, MODESTY, was released February 2011 and his latest crime thriller, Distracted in April 2011. He resides in New Jersey with his wife and daughters.

Excuse Me, Miss (2 books)
  • Modesty (Excuse Me, Miss, #2)