Start by marking “Destiny by Design” as Want to Read:
Destiny by Design

Destiny by Design

Interior designer Ellis Strathmore has been chosen to compete in the Oak Ridges Development Competition, along with a handful of other designers — including her former boss and nemesis, Cynthia Travers. With the deadline just weeks away, the design teams are under intense pressure to finish. A relative novice known for her unusual approach to decorating, Ellis is determine ...more
ebook, Ellora's Caver Moderne, 100 pages
Published May 18th 2007 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Destiny by Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny by Design

Kelly
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
As short as this story is, it packed a lot of sexy wallop. I mean, I always appreciate any story that manages to have two people pressed up against one another in a closet while the bad guys linger outside. I'm not kidding about that, either. It totally worked for this story. Plus, the make-out/groping session afterward was pretty darn hot. As was the single finger teasing. I mean, geez! I almost needed a cold shower after that scene.

I liked how Simon was so infuriated by Ellis and her somewhat
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: plus-size
I love quirky characters and Ellis is certainly that. When the author describes her way of decorating I was hooked. Ok I'll admit Ellis comes across as a nutbag but totally and completely likeable. Then there is a scene where she shows and convinces the hero (not kooky lol) that the walls and floors are arguing because the walls are too orange. AND he sees it!!! These 2 totally made sense.

The chemistry was apparent the entire read which made it quick, painless and totally enjoyable. For a free r
Joie
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
A really sweet quick read with a hell of a kick
Chandra
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chandra by: chandragay14@gmail.com
I am not a fan of erotica. The "p" word is used to describe a female part, HATE IT! Ellis is the female main character, an interior designer. Simon is the male main character and owner of a construction company. The fact that Ellis is a pain in the butt is what throws them together. And, Cynthia is the diva that loves to make trouble.

The story has character which is why is continued to read it to the finish
April
What a great story!! Ellis is super quirky and fun. Simon just can not resist her. Very well written and engaging story. Did not get steamy until the end but when it did, boy howdy!!! Loved it and hope to see more from this author in the future!!!
Mandy
Dec 27, 2011 rated it liked it
A quick, fun, steamy read. A quirky heroine, a hot, alpha-male hero. Some hot sex, emotion, and intrigue. Once I started, I had to finish it, couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed this one. A short review for a great, short read.
Amanda
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good book, there were parts that made you laugh and parts that ticked you off. All in all great book.
Leah
Apr 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Very fast and fun read. I laughed alot but also had some steamy parts. I thought it was well written.
Mr. Granger
A nice little story. Light reading with some sex thrown in for good measure.
Caro
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, elloras-cave
A really good read! And its Free! Yay. A really good book that has suspense and fun altogether. I really enjoyed reading this one and definitely loved the 'craziness' of the room whisperer. He he. I really did have fun reading this, but I also got my adrenaline fix with the sprinkle of suspense. This was great and most definitely kept me interested. I loved the self-confidence of the characters being themselves, good friends, some steaminess, some cattiness (is that a word?), some hold-your-brea ...more
Patrice
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
A good novelette. Warning, this story has explicit sexual situations. I like this story because there is a story to it not just some words to bind the sex scenes together. It has a great story line revolving around a design competition that has a mystery about who is stealing construction/decorator items and who is sabotaging the competitors rooms. There is sexual tension between the owner of the construction company and two of the design competitors. I love how the main character is quirky and ...more
Jo Notary
Jan 23, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ellora-s-cave
100pgs, Ellora's Cave, Interior designer Ellis Strathmore has been chosen to compete in the Oak Ridges Development Competition, along with a handful of other designers 14 including her former boss and nemesis, Cynthia Travers. With the deadline just weeks away, the design teams are under intense pressure to finish.The perfect palette for passion comes together with a brush of danger, tones of teasing banter and a touch of naked painting in Destiny by Design.
Beckey
May 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Free ebook from Ellora's Cave (publishing company)website.
Interesting erotica romance story about when a competition brings to rivals together & pettiness happens but behind the scenes one contractor & designer unravel mystery & fall for each other.
Rachel
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
*downloaded free on ARE

Very cute but predictable storyline, the characters are likable but nothing that really stands out. Overall I enjoyed this book.
Beth
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
un short read with interesting mystery.
Jaime
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Quick read. Just enough suspense to keep you reading for more. A bit obvious as to who the 'bad guy' was. A little bit smut, more contemporary quickies. Somewhat of a HEA.
Beret Brenckman
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
B- / good job
Elaine
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute story around an interior designer and builder.
Laurie Martin
stephanie svajgl
Feb 20, 2014
Maria João
Nov 16, 2012
The Free Book Cha...: Destiny by Design, by Wylie Kinson 3 37 Jun 17, 2015 08:02PM
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Ghostly Awakening
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • All in Time
  • Masks
  • Second Sight Dating
  • Christmas Cash (Raising Cain, #1)
  • Main Attraction (Perfectly Wicked, # 1)
  • Emerald Green
  • Love, Unexpectedly (Wild Ride To Love #2)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Big Girls Don't Die (In the Heat of the Night, Book 2)
  • Right Moves (Playing With the Boys, #1)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #2)
  • Cat's Meow (Predators, #1)
  • Private Games
  • Hara's Legacy (Resonance Mates, #1)
Wylie Kinson grew up cold in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. Longing to ditch her parka, she moved to Bermuda and spent seventeen warm, wonderful years basking on the pink sand beaches and frolicking in the turquoise surf. When scuba diving on ship wrecks and riding her moped down hibiscus-lined roads grew tedious, Wylie packed up her husband and two children and dragged them back to Canada. Thanks ...more