Start by marking “Barack Obama in His Own Words” as Want to Read:
Barack Obama in His Own Words

Barack Obama in His Own Words

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  301 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Since delivering his keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, Barack Obama has been hailed as the clear savior of not only the Democratic party, but of the integrity of American politics. Despite the fact that he burst onto the national scene seemingly overnight, his name recognition has grown by leaps and bounds ever since.

Barack Obama in His Own Words,
Published March 7th 2007 by Carroll & Graf

To ask other readers questions about Barack Obama in His Own Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barack Obama in His Own Words

Bhavna
Feb 21, 2009 added it
Everything is possible. Just be yourself and reinforce everything good.
Eugene
Jun 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Eugene by: Papa Slava
I bought this book (in addition to his two books) in order to get to know this presidential candidate a bit better.

Although it does provide some insights, they are few and far between. The timing of the publication (mid 2007) leaves out some specific Obama policy positions which would have been nice to have for someone who's reading this. It's an understandable reality of publication, but nonetheless crippling in terms of usefulness.

Reading his speeches this week in light of his refusal of pub
Jodi
May 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lovely to dip into from time to time.
Sabil.imanecasablancaamericanschool.com
On a warm summer day in early August 1961, Barack Obama Jr. was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. His parents had extremely different families; his mother was American and his dad was from Kenya. Barack faced many racial problems due to his skin color, and the fact that he was the result of a mixed marriage also brought racial attacks from the colored community. Although Obama faced racism and problems as a kid he was still able to attend two of the most well- known universities, Columbia and Harvard. K ...more
Jacquelyn Smith
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: history
Since delivering his key note speech to the 2004 Democratic National Convention he have taken the world by a storm. This book give you a inside look at a great man and what he stand for. But I did not need a book, I was stationed in Rock Island Il in 2008, before he told the he was running for office. I watched as he talked to children about staying in school. You have to know the drop out rate in that area to understand why I why I was in tears that day.

A friend later told me all about him and
Mbst87
May 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Utile per farsi un'idea circa il pensiero del presidente relativamente ad alcuni temi come, per esempio, aborto, religione, politica estera... In poche parole si tratta di una raccolta di citazioni/pensieri di Obama.. È un libro da usare quasi come un vocabolario visto che i temi si susseguono in ordine alfabetico.. Magari sarebbe stato meglio organizzarli in macrogruppi piuttosto che in ordine alfabetico...giusto per rendere un minimo più organico il libro..
Edward Dwyer
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: never-finished
Read one-half
Kris Wijoyo
Aug 14, 2007 rated it liked it
buku dari mas Aji sepulang dari Houston...isinya Lumayan.
Lisa Muscarella
Feb 04, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a collection of quotes from the president. It was worth reading, but I really prefer the books Obama wrote himself.
J.M.
Jun 03, 2009 marked it as to-read
Borrowed by my sister.
Nikki Woll
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was basically a book full of quotes. It wasn't bad, but I kind of wish I would have picked a different book that had more to it.
Milo Segalla
  • The American Journey of Barack Obama
  • The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama
  • The Promise: President Obama, Year One
  • Michelle Obama: An American Story
  • Fairy Insider (Winx Club)
  • How on Earth Did Jesus Become a God?: Historical Questions about Earliest Devotion to Jesus
  • The Compassionate Life
  • Fashionable Selby
  • My Life, Volume I: The Early Years
  • The Day Diana Died
  • Adventures Away (WINX Club, Vol. 7)
Barack Obama was the 44th President of the United States of America. He was the first African-American President to be elected President of the United States, and was the first to be nominated for President by a major U.S. political party. He was the junior U.S. Senator from Illinois from 2005 until he resigned on November 16, 2008, following his election to the Presidency.

Barack Obama is the son
More about Barack Obama...

“Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma. They end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs when, if you, they just gave, you gave, treatment early, and they got some treatment, and uhhh a breathalyzer, or uhh, an inhalator, not a breathalyzer...” 3 likes