Start by marking “Indesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe Indesign” as Want to Read:
Indesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe Indesign

Indesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe Indesign

Adobe InDesign is the world's premier page-layout tool, and its user-friendly yet sophisticated typographic controls are a big reason why. This updated edition of Nigel French's InDesign Type, the first book to focus exclusively on the typographic features of InDesign, provides a comprehensive overview of the application's vast array of type capabilities, from the basics ...more
Published July 10th 2010 by Adobe Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Indesign Type, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indesign Type

Start your review of Indesign Type: Professional Typography with Adobe Indesign
Tessa
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only a book design nerd would read this for pleasure (ok, I did), but it's a fantastic reference to InDesign. I'm keeping it close!
Lee Dunning
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Depending on your needs this could be the best thing since sliced bread for not only using InDesign, but understanding the accepted techniques for layouts and fonts. It's an excellent reference book with a very useful index. You want to know about drop caps? Widows and orphans? Line spacing? It's all there. You can learn about the actual construction of a letter and how it affects the look of text on a page. It's all very interesting and useful.

However, if you picked this book up in the hopes it
Whitney
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
First of all, this isn't a bad book. It's informative, and has plenty of examples to help walk you through InDesign. My problems with the book stem from the way I learn, especially when learning things on the computer.

I'm a visual learner, so reading how-to from a book didn't quite cut it. The assumption the writer has is that the reader is already familiar with the basics of design and typography. Having been assigned this book for a beginning software class, my classmates and I did not fall i
Allan H. Goodman
This book is a detailed introduction to the major concepts of typography within the framework of InDesign. As a new user of the software, I found this book invaluable, as it focuses on the topics of font selection and text layout and relates these subjects to the specific functionality and menus of the program. I will come back to this book as a reference as I learn InDesign. Very thoughtful and understandable.
Georg
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: typography
Very useful and userfriendly book. Highly reconmended for working with and finetuning type using InDesign. Lots of good advice, tips and even "tricks".
C. Roger Tomlinson
Apr 15, 2016
Keith
Dec 21, 2017
luv4pez
rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2014